Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:28:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rob Jones  (Read 16672 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Rob Jones
« Reply #60 on February 02, 2016, 11:02:06 am by DonnyOsmond »
One round of Always Believe in Rob Jones before the game?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 02, 2016, 11:11:33 am by The Red Baron »
The job of coaching the development squad at Rovers isn't a full time one. The development players train with the first team anyway and the rest of the side is made up of youth teamers.

It is an ideal part-time job for a player who wants to move into coaching. So once the decision had been made that Rob wasn't going to be needed as a player, there wasn't really a job for him as a coach.

I expect Gavin Strachan or Paul Stancliffe will take over the development side pro-tem. If there is another senior player who wants to try his hand at coaching, or has maybe started doing his badges, he may be brought in to assist.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 02, 2016, 12:04:42 pm by Cramby10 »
Quick question. Do we know or think that Jones is now fit for first team action?

I don't think he is. Even he admitted that. He was hoping to play for the Development Squad later this week. He would probably need a couple of games with them before he was anywhere near the match day squad.

Incidentally Ferguson also wanted to loan N'guessan out but he's injured. To me, this is less to do with cutting costs and more to do with moving on players that don't fit in to future plans.
thanks

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 02, 2016, 01:02:19 pm by Donny Viking »
Should sentiment exist in football management decisions? Disappointing the RJ has left the way he has, like most I would love to have given Corporal a big send off and say thanks for everything :byebye:. On the other hand if DF doesn't free up money then he cant bring new players in, and 1 point could cost us an important position, and DF his job. But its hard to criticise players for forcing clubs hands to sell them when they ultimately will get slung out the back door when it suits the club.
John Terry is a prime example - no surprise at his age he's not been offered another contract, but the way the club has treated him and handled the situation, does not encourage loyalty in other players.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 02, 2016, 01:10:03 pm by karldew »
One round of Always Believe in Rob Jones before the game?

5th minute? Shirt number...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 02, 2016, 01:46:52 pm by wing commander »
Should sentiment exist in football management decisions? Disappointing the RJ has left the way he has, like most I would love to have given Corporal a big send off and say thanks for everything :byebye:. On the other hand if DF doesn't free up money then he cant bring new players in, and 1 point could cost us an important position, and DF his job. But its hard to criticise players for forcing clubs hands to sell them when they ultimately will get slung out the back door when it suits the club.
John Terry is a prime example - no surprise at his age he's not been offered another contract, but the way the club has treated him and handled the situation, does not encourage loyalty in other players.

In jones interview he stated that DF told him he would be made available for loan not long after he came in..Thats understandable as despite the conspiracy theories we cant be basing our defence around a slow 35 year old injury prone c/b...So in fairness He would have had a inkling it was coming..Also by doing it yesterday it allows Jones to sign for somebody as a free agent..The only thing I can really criticise the club for is not making more of tonights game for him...DF isn't afraid to make tough descisions unlike Dickov else I would suspect the likes of Wellens and Jones would have gone before the season started...

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 02, 2016, 02:16:12 pm by steve@dcfd »

In jones interview he stated that DF told him he would be made available for loan not long after he came in..Thats understandable as despite the conspiracy theories we cant be basing our defence around a slow 35 year old injury prone c/b...So in fairness He would have had a inkling it was coming..Also by doing it yesterday it allows Jones to sign for somebody as a free agent..The only thing I can really criticise the club for is not making more of tonights game for him...DF isn't afraid to make tough descisions unlike Dickov else I would suspect the likes of Wellens and Jones would have gone before the season started...

Wellens and Jones wanted to go for different reasons which helped DF decision making. With all the players signed by PD contracted till 2017 it will be harder to shift them.

red w(h)ine

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 02, 2016, 04:36:00 pm by red w(h)ine »
I don't think Fergie is comfortable with certain sorts of characters - just like his old man he gets shut of personalities that clash with his own. This is not meant as a criticism (after all his old man was quite good) since his job depends upon getting players to play his way.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 02, 2016, 04:56:09 pm by Filo »

Agreed, our 3 at the back lacks pace as it is, Jones just would n't fit into a back three, I also think a back 3 doesn't suit LM either because of his lack of pace

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 03, 2016, 12:27:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Sentiment has no part to play in football, i wanted a decisive manager and that's what we have got. ''start being decisive on our defence now, there's more leaks in it, than a dam that just been bombed by a load of lancaster bombers''!.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 03, 2016, 05:42:41 pm by Jonathan »
Sentiment has no part to play in football

That's one of my least favourite cliches. Actually sentiment has everything to do with football. Love and support for a team is driven by sentiment, belonging, irrational dreaming. Perhaps sentiment shouldn't influence management decisions, but for fans to detach themselves from sentiment is nonsensical. To view the journey of the club in an entirely clinical manner would surely drain all the enjoyment from it.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 04, 2016, 10:51:35 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Sentiment has no part to play in football

That's one of my least favourite cliches. Actually sentiment has everything to do with football. Love and support for a team is driven by sentiment, belonging, irrational dreaming. Perhaps sentiment shouldn't influence management decisions, but for fans to detach themselves from sentiment is nonsensical. To view the journey of the club in an entirely clinical manner would surely drain all the enjoyment from it.

I should have said where the managers job is involved, there should be no sentiment with the players, us fans sentiment does play a big part.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 04, 2016, 11:14:58 pm by silent majority »
I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but the subject of RJ was brought up at the MTO tonight. Essentially Rob wanted to continue playing, we couldn't guarantee him that, plus he wasn't fit and had only trained a couple of times in the last 3 months because of his injuries. Therefore an easy decision to make?

Edit: and he had to go by 11am otherwise he couldn't have signed for another club.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:33:09 pm by silent majority »

neil grainger

« Reply #73 on February 05, 2016, 08:01:31 am by neil grainger »
I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but the subject of RJ was brought up at the MTO tonight. Essentially Rob wanted to continue playing, we couldn't guarantee him that, plus he wasn't fit and had only trained a couple of times in the last 3 months because of his injuries. Therefore an easy decision to make?

Edit: and he had to go by 11am otherwise he couldn't have signed for another club.

Thanks SM, I think that clears up a few misconceptions.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 05, 2016, 05:54:29 pm by Lifelong supporter »
It's obvious Fergie didn't fancy him.
Why try and gloss over that?

bally1950

Re: Free Press Interview- Rob Jones
« Reply #76 on February 07, 2016, 12:33:33 pm by bally1950 »
At least he has been allowed to have his say. Well done DFP

murham

• Forum Member
Re: Free Press Interview- Rob Jones
« Reply #77 on February 07, 2016, 03:08:30 pm by murham »
An excellent servant to the club
But should have gone last season
Thankfully we are getting rid of dead wood
Many many more to go
Unfortunately we have neglected this process nothing thrives till the dead wood is cut away
However this season has gone and success is not getting relegateFergie is a breadth of fresh air thank you at ladt

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 08, 2016, 06:58:05 am by roversdude »
It's obvious Fergie didn't fancy him.
Why try and gloss over that?

Not the best looking player lifelong but always gave his best.........unfortunately his best is now not good enough
Correct decision by both parties I think
Can understand DF not wanting a former manager who didn't get his job at the club (been there and had to sack the guy)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 08, 2016, 08:43:02 am by DonnyOsmond »
He's come back after a few injuries and proven that he's still good enough, that's not the the issue, it's that he's not physically possible for him to carry on playing as he'll just keep injuring his neck and that isn't good for him or the club.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 08, 2016, 09:53:07 am by keith79 »
This lad is 36 injury prone and slow can not pass. His strengh was heading the ball he is not able to do that anymore. I stand by our manager on this

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 08, 2016, 02:20:44 pm by graingrover »
It would be a poor reflection of the positive sentiments expressed about Rob if all he gets is a song from Black Bank . I think we should offer him something he can put in his trophy cabinet as a permanent reminder and mark of gratitude and respect from Rovers fans .

I leave it to the forum to chose yes or no and if yes then , what ! I will leave a starter of £25 with the club ( Gavin ) this coming weekend in the hope we can raise £250 for a nice trophy for Rob .

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on February 08, 2016, 06:32:59 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I can donate £10 as of Friday if we get something arranged.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012