Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:29:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Another one bites the dust.  (Read 2515 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Another one bites the dust.
« on March 14, 2016, 12:34:31 pm by newyankee »

Douggie Freedman at Forest the larset casualty in the Manager Merry Go Round.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Re: Another one bites the dust.
« Reply #1 on March 14, 2016, 12:34:57 pm by newyankee »
Should be latest.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 14, 2016, 12:53:21 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Changing manager does boost position - report
Football
Posted at
11:04
A managerial change during the season could see a team's league position improve by three places, says new research.

A Sheffield Hallam University study of Championship clubs over the last five seasons found that teams in the bottom half who changed their manager saw an increase in points per game - from 1.02 to 1.25 points - and league position from 17.39 to 15.31.

Football finance expert, Rob Wilson, who co-authored the report, said: "The evidence around managerial change in professional football does remain mixed, particularly when you look at the 2014-15 promotions to the Premier League when all three teams achieved success in different ways.

"There are other factors that play a role in this complex issue such as owner objectives, fan emotion and personal relationships which cannot be accounted for in our data. But ultimately, league position is a massive concern for clubs changing managers during the season and our study has found it can be less productive for clubs in the top half who may have less to play for than those fighting relegation."

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 14, 2016, 05:20:41 pm by albie »
I might be wrong, but I think Florists have been under a transfer embargo during Freedman's time, due to "financial irregularities".

Hardly a fair crack at it!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 14, 2016, 06:27:52 pm by i_ateallthepies »
And if your line of thought was Rovers related, it probably holds true this season.  Without the lift we got with the Fergie factor we might be 2nd bottom now... or worse.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 14, 2016, 08:03:17 pm by drfchound »
..............but if we got a new manager we might go up three places.........just a thought.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012