Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:37:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What has happened to "In Rovers We trust"  (Read 6993 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
What has happened to "In Rovers We trust"
« on April 05, 2016, 11:27:27 am by wing commander »
      So here we are again with a large proportion of our fans feeling let down by our club...Weve had many examples of things fan faired but not followed through..Weve had stewards mistreating fans,player recruitment promises not followed through,a marketing department that only ever replies to things if he thinks he can get a laugh out of it,reciprocal deals that don't happen and now a fans competition won by a celebrity just by chance and that's without going into the shortcomings of our chairmen and silent owners....
     So much work went into "In Rovers We Trust" by the vsc and also the drsg in recent times and its vanishing quicker than a Rovers centreback at a corner...Right now if Rovers told me it was Tuesday I would still check my calendar....
     I don't personally have a problem with the latest cock up as I don't often buy shirts anyway on the principal that changing the shirt every year is taking advantage, but I can see why those that did go to the effort to both promote the competition and take part are once again feeling let down by the actions of the senior management of Doncaster Rovers...
     I've stuck up for Mr Baldwin many times on here,ive met him and he's a intelligent guy but jesus sir you need to get a grip of the people around you because they are making you and the club look pretty amateurish who don't give a monkeys about the people who come through your turnstiles..How the club couldn't see what the fans would think of this is quite frankly bewildering...It's time to get a grip Mr Baldwin and start showing us why you are so highly rated by everyone else, because frankly it's not coming across to us the fans, that the people in charge of making the descisions at this club are capable of doing so....!!!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:30:24 am by wing commander »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: What has happened to "In Rovers We trust"
« Reply #1 on April 05, 2016, 11:41:14 am by Sad-Rovers »
I'd give you a like for that but that feature has been removed from my profile.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 05, 2016, 11:59:28 am by wing commander »
     Well it needs to be said because either it's not getting through to the senior management of this club that you cant treat the supporters with such little respect...The football is irrelevant to this point,football is all about circles, in the 25 I've been a season ticket holder I've seen good times on the pitch and bad,right now its bad but that's football...What I wont accept as a fan is being treated with such disrespect that they have shown us this season..There are people making day to day descisions who are not proving they are capable of doing so...in my opinion of course Neil..lol

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 05, 2016, 11:59:51 am by mrfrostsdad »
I'd give you a like for that but that feature has been removed from my profile.

It has on mine Sad. But only for some posts. Strange

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 05, 2016, 12:18:39 pm by Yorkiered »
Maybe you are only allowed to like positive posts  :chair: :chair:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 05, 2016, 12:21:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
How would he ever find out?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 05, 2016, 12:29:25 pm by wing commander »
   Wether positive or not...The club reads these forums and they need to know that a large number of people think there performance is every bit as bad as the teams before something happens that breaks the camels back and they hear there own names being chanted on a Saturday....

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 05, 2016, 12:35:34 pm by wing commander »

A club statement following the recent media coverage surrounding the 2016/17 shirt designs.

A spokesperson for Doncaster Rovers said: “The process for receiving kit designs, shortlisting and the public voting for our kit design competition followed strict legal guidance to ensure that the club adhered to competition law and that all processes were fair.

“We are aware that the result of the competition has attracted some mixed feedback, but we can assure our fans that the voting process for the 2016/17 shirt designs was all was fair and above board.”

The club will make no further comment at this time.

Mixed reaction????

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 05, 2016, 12:38:53 pm by nortikorner »
Dire Straits (Money For Nothing chips for free)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 05, 2016, 12:39:31 pm by The Red Baron »
There were one or two of us who thought it a rather smart move. Though I accept as with most things on here these days I'm probably in a minority...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 05, 2016, 12:40:44 pm by IDM »
Yes a mixed reaction wingco.

I was involved in the competition, got shortlisted, and have no problem at all with the outcome.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 05, 2016, 12:45:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well it's a relative thing. I suspect the majority of ordinary fans don't give a hoot about the shirt competition or who won.

However, those who entered might and the club ought to have thought this through. For the same reason we didn't think it was a good idea for JR to submit a design, it undermines the fan engagement ideal.

The whole process, including new shirts every season has run it's course. Those who are remotely interested grow tired of it and the rest... Who cares?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 05, 2016, 12:55:18 pm by wing commander »
   Fair enough IDM and it could be coincidence.. But what should have happened is that before it was announced someone should have had the gumption and said..."Look this doesn't look great on us from our own fans perspective so when we announce it.we should also announce the prize has been donated back to the club/throw something in and a draw will take place to all those who submitted designs"..Wouldnt please everybody but might have helped the pr...

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 05, 2016, 01:33:14 pm by jonnydog »
I like the away shirt to be fair!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 05, 2016, 01:47:29 pm by RedJ »
Well it's a relative thing. I suspect the majority of ordinary fans don't give a hoot about the shirt competition or who won.

However, those who entered might and the club ought to have thought this through. For the same reason we didn't think it was a good idea for JR to submit a design, it undermines the fan engagement ideal.

The whole process, including new shirts every season has run it's course. Those who are remotely interested grow tired of it and the rest... Who cares?

John Ryan tried to enter after the competition had closed though. That was a different case.

I'd have had no problem with him submitting a design if he had done so before the deadline, just like I'm not arsed that Louis Tomlinson has entered and evidently won this.

Let's be honest, we're probably the only club in the land who's embarrassed that we've got a celebrity who's doing stuff involving the club in some way.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 05, 2016, 02:17:09 pm by Filo »
      So here we are again with a large proportion of our fans feeling let down by our club...Weve had many examples of things fan faired but not followed through..Weve had stewards mistreating fans,player recruitment promises not followed through,a marketing department that only ever replies to things if he thinks he can get a laugh out of it,reciprocal deals that don't happen and now a fans competition won by a celebrity just by chance and that's without going into the shortcomings of our chairmen and silent owners....
     So much work went into "In Rovers We Trust" by the vsc and also the drsg in recent times and its vanishing quicker than a Rovers centreback at a corner...Right now if Rovers told me it was Tuesday I would still check my calendar....
     I don't personally have a problem with the latest cock up as I don't often buy shirts anyway on the principal that changing the shirt every year is taking advantage, but I can see why those that did go to the effort to both promote the competition and take part are once again feeling let down by the actions of the senior management of Doncaster Rovers...
     I've stuck up for Mr Baldwin many times on here,ive met him and he's a intelligent guy but jesus sir you need to get a grip of the people around you because they are making you and the club look pretty amateurish who don't give a monkeys about the people who come through your turnstiles..How the club couldn't see what the fans would think of this is quite frankly bewildering...It's time to get a grip Mr Baldwin and start showing us why you are so highly rated by everyone else, because frankly it's not coming across to us the fans, that the people in charge of making the descisions at this club are capable of doing so....!!!

Is a large proportion a dozen or so fans stamping their feet?

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 05, 2016, 02:24:52 pm by drfc1951 »
A dozen, didnt think it was that many.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 05, 2016, 03:27:21 pm by wing commander »

It's not stamping feet Filo is raising the point that weve been let down by the club on too many occasions this season and there are a lot of people thinking the same..Despite you believing otherwise..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 05, 2016, 03:30:42 pm by Filo »

It's not stamping feet Filo is raising the point that weve been let down by the club on too many occasions this season and there are a lot of people thinking the same..Despite you believing otherwise..

I just can't believe that people are getting themselves worked up over a shirt, apparent grown men at that!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 05, 2016, 03:32:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's not the shirt Filo, it's the PRINCIPLE!

First they came for the shirt design competition entrants...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 05, 2016, 03:34:26 pm by The Red Baron »
Just as well we're not struggling at the arse-end of League One.

Oh, hang on... :sick:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 05, 2016, 03:36:58 pm by wing commander »

I just can't believe that people are getting themselves worked up over a shirt, apparent grown men at that!

Personally I'm not just talking about the shirt,im adding it to a growing list of poor performance on aspects on how the club is run/fan engagement which they claim to be interested in improving..!!!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 05, 2016, 03:38:08 pm by drfc1951 »
The only thing i feel let down by this season is our league position.

winegums

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 05, 2016, 03:40:05 pm by winegums »
It's definitely getting us some media attention as it's trending on Twitter

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 05, 2016, 03:46:32 pm by Copps is Magic »
The only thing i feel let down by this season is our league position.

It's almost like that is causing angst among the fans and making the club staff's jobs harder to do.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 05, 2016, 03:48:06 pm by idler »
Fixing it so LT didn't win would be as bad as fixing it so that he did win.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 05, 2016, 07:30:08 pm by bobjimwilly »
In answer to the OP, IRWT has seemingly been dropped from the agenda at the club. I've heard rumours some fans even made the effort to convince certain club officials IRWT wasn't working and even carried a bad name because it was a VSC led iniative, which of course is outrageous and untrue. Only rumours like...

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 05, 2016, 07:37:14 pm by wesisback »

Having long been an admirer of your twitter account I find it more than hypocritical that you criticise anyone for getting worked up over something seemingly small.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 05, 2016, 08:12:14 pm by Filo »
Thank you, glad you like my musings, I thought someone as important as yourself would have better things to do than stalk some insignificant person on twitter, no doubt you will have the back catalogue of tweets on screenshots, you being a big fan and all that 😉

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 05, 2016, 08:23:43 pm by wesisback »
You must have such low morale. I don't feel you're insignificant Dave.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012