Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:57:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: MAIN  (Read 6537 times)

South East Rover

• Forum Member
MAIN
« on April 28, 2016, 10:52:20 pm by South East Rover »
"I feel like with every game that has passed my fitness has improved"
On-loan Doncaster striker Curtis Main has spoken of his recent great run and puts it all down to being a regular in the team.
He said, “It is definitely nice to be playing and involved in the team on every match day. When I joined, I had been out for quite a few months with injuries so I wasn’t sharp or match-fit. It took me a little bit of time to get up to full speed, but I feel like with every game that has passed my fitness has improved and I have been getting back to playing as I know I can. It has been a difficult time for Oldham this season but since I have joined, it has been nothing but positive. We have managed to pick up quite a few results and turn things around quite drastically.”

“Since the manager has come in, it’s always been about getting as many points as we can and building momentum. Nobody wants to be in the situation we have been in. We want to carry on picking up points and show what the squad is capable of, building for next year. I can’t imagine we will be taking our foot off the gas.” ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Re: MAIN
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2016, 01:01:13 am by godlike1 »
Hopefully a transfer is on the way. I don't want him back at this club ever again.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2016, 08:09:39 am by glosterred »
Just sack him and be done

COYR

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 29, 2016, 09:48:40 am by craigdrfc »
The chances of Fergie ever letting him anywhere near the club again are about as good as a snowman's in hell!!!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 29, 2016, 10:07:30 am by wing commander »
   I think the jury will be out on both of them tbh...Main I don't rate at all in any way shape or form,never have done.. so hopefully we wont see him again and he can move on..Fergie I did rate massively but like Dickov I'm getting tired of managers who can talk a good game until we get on the grass....

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 29, 2016, 10:33:17 am by DonnyOsmond »
Fergie has done well in runs. Like when he first came in we did well and it was OK on the eye, we did shite for 17 games and now hopefully were back to good form. If he can bring in players who accept his way 100% next season then we should be near the play offs whichever league were in.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 29, 2016, 10:48:45 am by keith79 »
If he has 12 months on his contract we should want at least a fee for him

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 29, 2016, 11:05:45 am by mushRTID »

Let him rot in the reserves. I'm sure he'll have a relegation clause so hopefully it wouldn't cost much.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 29, 2016, 11:50:48 am by drfchound »
Main has proven to everyone that he can be an influential player if he gets a run in the team and more to the point, doesnt have fans on his back.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 29, 2016, 11:54:00 am by dickos1 »
Regardless of if he's any good or not him refusing to come back should have ended his career with us

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 29, 2016, 12:07:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Hey, we're Donny Rovers! We've got to have a token scapegoat in the team. Always have and always will have.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 29, 2016, 12:09:01 pm by Alickismyhero »
Hound

I have not been able to make any games this season so I don't really know how Main has performed. The times I have seen him play I am convinced he has the ability to play well. I tend to think he lacks confidence and when our manager expects him to chase lost causes up front makes him look like a headless chicken to his knockers. Will abuse from the supporters improve his performance? I don' think so but that's how football works. Main seems to have got a manager at Oldham who has the ability to press the right buttons to get the best out of him.

I would like to see him back but he will get more of the same so stay where you are kid its a fresh start and a career in football is short.

I really wish the kid well and he proves his knockers wrong.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 29, 2016, 12:11:40 pm by Copps is Magic »
I think Main may not necessarily thrive on adulation but when it isn't going well and is facing criticism he probably doesn't deal with it well, takes it to heart and overthinks things. I'm talking generally about life. When we criticise players we obviously don't see the mental side behind the game.

Regardless of that, on matter of principle he has practically indicated he doesn't really want to play for us and had no interest in helping us through a relegation battle. That's his prerogative nothing to do with the mental side of the game, and because of that I would let him leave and wish him good luck. Doubt Oldham have the money to sign him permanently though.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 29, 2016, 12:20:26 pm by wing commander »
   We all see players differently..What someone thinks is a great player others don't...Main has never been a scapegoat for me..It's just the fact from the moment he arrived,he has been a poor poor player with the odd moment thrown in and my opinion has been constant on that,its a bit like Gooch who we had on loan from Sunderland..I cant see how he will ever make a premiership footballer from what I saw of him yet others disagree as he has been given a new 3 year deal by them this week....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 29, 2016, 12:45:58 pm by IDM »
Main has been an enigma for us.  10 goals last season??

Inconsistent and when playing badly, very poor.

However Oldham seem to have got some consistency and decent performances from him - more fool us for not getting that from him.. Maybe we never can, and if he wants to leave permanently, let him go?

If he chooses to stay, he comes back from Oldham a much improved and consistent player.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 29, 2016, 12:57:02 pm by wing commander »
   it wont be his choice IDM...He will have the standard relegation clause in his contract I would think and if not will go to the top of the free transfer list...The vast majority didn't like him or rate him while he was here..We will absolutely slaughter him now, so any gains he made at Oldham are irrelevant to Doncaster Rovers now and they know it...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 29, 2016, 12:57:50 pm by Copps is Magic »
I think we should be cautious about continuing relations that aren't working.

McSheffery wasn't working for Scunny, but it worked for us.

Main wasn't working for us, but it worked for Oldham

That's the way it goes sometimes. You just have to accept it and move on.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 29, 2016, 01:01:46 pm by Lesonthewest »
Don't rate him one bit & never have, don't like players who turn away from a challenge & shirk headers. Texting his parent clubs players (allegedly) rubbing it in says it all too.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 29, 2016, 01:19:52 pm by mushRTID »
Why do some people act like we were constantly on his back anyway? I think we were more than patient with him.

The amount of awful performances was always going to receive criticism but he got a fair crack.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 29, 2016, 02:09:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I think we should be cautious about continuing relations that aren't working.

That's the way it goes sometimes. You just have to accept it and move on.

Do you?

Christ up above, I've been getting it wrong all these years. I thought you trussed them up in the cellar and fed them dog food.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 29, 2016, 02:31:38 pm by selby »
Oldham have a player scoring goals in the third tier,unfortunatly he is a Doncaster Rovers player for another season.
   If they want him permenantly, or any other club is interested ,we should be getting the largest transfer fee possible for him, or he stays here, and fights for a first team place.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 29, 2016, 03:43:01 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I have made known my view of him on here numerous times but I never berate them on the pitch, that can only make it worse.  But I agree with mush on this, why do people make out the fans are constantly on his back?  I thought on the whole, he was given plenty of support.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 29, 2016, 04:24:10 pm by the vicar »
Hopefully a transfer is on the way. I don't want him back at this club ever again.

If we go down you wont as we will maybe not come back for a long time

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 29, 2016, 04:36:32 pm by Yorkiered »
I am convinced he is Lewis Guy reincarnated.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 29, 2016, 10:41:16 pm by Pancho Regan »

Let him rot in the reserves.

The vitriol aimed at Curtis says a lot more about those who are abusing him than it does about Curtis.

When he was a member of our squad he suffered endless criticism. The majority of posters on here were delighted when he was sent off on loan to Oldham. You treated him as a failure and you delighted in his being shifted out.....'good riddance' was the majority verdict.

Then, to your disgust, Curtis is given a run in Oldham's first team, he is given a vote of confidence, and he starts scoring goals.
Ironically, his goals help Oldham to pull away from us in the relegation battle and while we continue to stumble and fail, Oldham secure their safety.

To add fuel to the fire, Curtis decides to stay where he is wanted, where he is valued, and where he is allowed to play football, instead of giving all that up in order to return to the club which didn't want him, and to return to the 'fans' who abused him in the first place.

Good luck to the lad. Shame on you lot who couldn't wait to get rid of him.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 29, 2016, 10:55:18 pm by normal rules »
Billy sharp worked for us at a time when he was out of favour elsewhere.

It happens. It's called life.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 29, 2016, 11:00:32 pm by idler »
 Maybe if Curtis had done more while here people wouldn't have been so happy to see him go.
He had a great chance to come into the team after the Stoke game and was absolutely awful. He certainly had more bad games than good for us.
I never booed him but he certainly disappointed me more often than not.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 29, 2016, 11:15:44 pm by Pancho Regan »
Idler, does that justify some of the comments on this thread?
Does it justify the call for him to be recalled to the club and deliberately left to 'rot in the reserves'?

Rate him or not, some of the criticism being thrown at him is way beyond being reasonable. But that's par for the course on here.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 29, 2016, 11:21:06 pm by idler »
I think that it would be nigh on impossible for him to come back.
Would I miss him? No.
He's had a good run and good luck to him, it might just get us a fee.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 29, 2016, 11:24:47 pm by Pancho Regan »
A reasoned view from you as always.

Can't argue with that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012