Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:27:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who are Wales kidding ?  (Read 7960 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Who are Wales kidding ?
« on June 28, 2016, 02:44:26 pm by Donnywolf »
... or trying to kid ?

They leap about like dervishes at the Final whistle goes in England v Iceland game. Had it been Wales v anybody or Scotland v Peru or Costa Rica or Faroe Islands I would have done the same in my front room without question

If asked I would have admitted doing so as many times as I was asked. They have their reasons for wanting us to lose BUT please don't try the lame excuses when you were caught bang to rights ! Just front up - we know lots of Teams dislike England and love us to lose even if it is to other Teams - so don't insult us by pretending the celebrations were misinterpreted

They are not misinterpreted - any more than the One Star on our Shirts will never appear on a Welsh Shirt

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
Re: Who are Wales kidding ?
« Reply #1 on June 28, 2016, 04:05:54 pm by DevilMayCry »
Like they won the tournament  :huh: Idiots!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuGZr1r0E8s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuGZr1r0E8s</a>

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 28, 2016, 04:29:21 pm by mushRTID »
Tinpot

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 28, 2016, 05:12:05 pm by bpoolrover »
They will soon enough be pissed off when they lose to Belgium

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 28, 2016, 05:37:19 pm by Donnywolf »
They will soon enough be pissed off when they lose to Belgium

Yes after England cost me a double (and doubtless are best friends to all Bookies everywhere) I may as well have a final "punt" and go the whole hog with the scant remains of my Betting Pot on Belgium (and France) in 90 minutes.

Edit ... That's 19.88 to win about £49. If I win I will review my tattered reputation (yeah get delusions of grandeur more like) but I can cheer on Belgium with a clear conscience AND finally see Iceland put to the sword

If I lose f*** it I will never bet on Footy again
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:55:38 pm by Donnywolf »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 28, 2016, 08:54:48 pm by bpoolrover »
Haha good luck mate

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 28, 2016, 09:49:55 pm by HomerJSimpson »
Who cares, none story.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 28, 2016, 10:57:22 pm by andysly »
As English it's expected of us to support Scots, Welsh, Irish at football or other sports while they take every opportunity to wallow in our demise.
Personally I hope Belgium beat them 5-0.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 28, 2016, 10:59:32 pm by IDM »
England were shit so we should take the piss taking and the schadenfreude..

So what?  I expect Germany or Italy will win..

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 29, 2016, 06:13:19 am by Donnywolf »
Oh dear.

They're celebrating their big noisy neighbours getting put on their backsides by a footballing minnow when nobody expected it, and also being the Home Nation that went the furthest in this tournament.

Good on them - and I hope they smash Belgium.

Aye Rigo I agree with that but my only point was NOT that thy are doing it but the fact they are saying it was misinterpreted and that they seem to be denying meaning it

I TOO want them and Scotland to lose every game they ever play at Football and particularly Rugby Union for "revenge". There my colours nailed to the mast and I am not ashamed to put them in print and would never deny (like them) that my views have been misrepresented

i.e. I don't pretend to want them to lose.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 29, 2016, 10:44:38 am by 1879Rovers »
Daft thing a lot of them are probably English. I wonder how many of their 23 man squad was born in Wales.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 29, 2016, 12:05:36 pm by Donnywolf »
9 !

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 29, 2016, 01:54:00 pm by VivaRovers »
9 !

No, 9 of the squad were born outside Wales.

Chris Gunter was asked by Radio Wales his thoughts about how that video would come across... he replied saying "Hopefully it comes across that we are a group of players having the time of our lives"

I love that. I love and identify with this Wales team more than any other team I've ever followed. Today they were on the beach in Dinard, where the squad is based, eating ice-creams and having kickabouts with the local kids. They're down to earth, they're human, and they get what this tournament means to every one of the Wales fans. It's everything football should be.

As for the video, yeah, it's silly. I think so, most Wales fans I know think so too. I personally didn't celebrate England going out - no reason too - but enjoyed it for Iceland's progression, so I would suggest there is actually a degree of truth in the initial explanation. But then this is also a group of footballers who - since the finals draw was made - has been othered by the British media and treated as an England opponent, rather than a home nation, there in their own right. They've been asked pointless questions about how many England players would get in a Wales side and the like, rather than given due respect for their own achievements. So if I were a member of that squad I'd probably celebrate England getting knocked out before us too.

Yes, Belgium probably will beat us on Friday night, but who cares... I never thought this day would ever come, and so even if our chances are slim I can't wait to get out to Lille and enjoy another bit of dreamland. Like Gunter and the rest of the players I'm having the time of my life with this team.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 29, 2016, 02:19:32 pm by Donnywolf »
9 !

Bang goes my Proof Reading "career" - having misread the statement as how many were not born in Wales !

Suspect I was not going to be Offa'd the job anyway !

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 29, 2016, 10:50:17 pm by dickos1 »
Embarrassing that,

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Who are Wales kidding ? welshing on a bet
« Reply #15 on June 30, 2016, 12:12:48 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Daft thing a lot of them are probably English. I wonder how many of their 23 man squad was born in Wales.

we  used to hear stories that if you had ever drunk a pint of guiness you could play for Ireland

may I suggest if you have ever welshed on a bet you can play for Wales  a bit too late for an EU DIRECTIVE
or even better if you've watched a norman wisdom film you can play for Albania

now on a more serious point for a moment I thought in time these 15 !! post soviet football teams -- don't ask me to name them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-Soviet_states

would by now be getting some ringers in ...  qualifying via their grandparents etc

THEN IT SUDDENLY DAWNED ON ME THAT THESE PEOPLE NEVER MOVED ANYWHERE IN THEIR LIVES -- the traffic lights always showing "RED" for stop and never green for "GO"

it will be interesting to see how many british born footballers play for any of these 15 countries in say 20  years

can we come back to this thread in 20 years please

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 30, 2016, 01:10:49 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Our team deserves any stick given, our lads would have done similar if it had been scotland. I'm afraid we need to take it on the chin. We have an arrogance about ourselves that thinks, we ''Are the best at everything'', we're not!.
Our supporters go all over the world, and a minority insult most of the world, because they don't know how to enjoy themselves without getting hammered.
Our team go into every tournament, thinking ''We invented the game, we are special'', we're not!. We are a small island that has a lot of past glories, with english teams in europe. We won the world cup once, and came third in the euro's once, and semi-finals here and there.

Money has corrupted the need to do well for our players. They don't have the intelligence to play any other way. The close bond wales feel with their support, used to be that way for us.
Don't begrudge them a bit of glory, 1958 was the last time they qualified for a tournament, can you blame them for going a bit mad?.
Pele and John Charles were in the squads back then. They are even smaller than we are in size, but they over achieve at rugby and are now doing it at football. We are too precious, it's a bit of fun!.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 30, 2016, 06:58:47 pm by idler »
Sammy I'm quite happy for the home nations when they do well and don't gloat when they lose.
Unfortunately those sentiments aren't too often reciprocated.
At the end of the day it's only a game.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 30, 2016, 11:49:16 pm by bpoolrover »
Our team deserves any stick given, our lads would have done similar if it had been scotland. I'm afraid we need to take it on the chin. We have an arrogance about ourselves that thinks, we ''Are the best at everything'', we're not!.
Our supporters go all over the world, and a minority insult most of the world, because they don't know how to enjoy themselves without getting hammered.
Our team go into every tournament, thinking ''We invented the game, we are special'', we're not!. We are a small island that has a lot of past glories, with english teams in europe. We won the world cup once, and came third in the euro's once, and semi-finals here and there.

Money has corrupted the need to do well for our players. They don't have the intelligence to play any other way. The close bond wales feel with their support, used to be that way for us.
Don't begrudge them a bit of glory, 1958 was the last time they qualified for a tournament, can you blame them for going a bit mad?.
Pele and John Charles were in the squads back then. They are even smaller than we are in size, but they over achieve at rugby and are now doing it at football. We are too precious, it's a bit of fun!.
i don't think the players go in thinking there something special,they just we're not good enough to break down ten man defenses,we don't have a creative player,what reason do u have that they think there special?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 01, 2016, 01:19:01 am by Sammy Chung was King »

i don't think the players go in thinking there something special,they just we're not good enough to break down ten man defenses,we don't have a creative player,what reason do u have that they think there special?

You only have to look at the iceland game for you're answer. Hard work would have won that game, pressing the high up the field, forcing mistakes. Our players tried not to underestimate them, but they did. You get the impression that it's seen as a show up in they're minds if they have to work hard to beat, a team like iceland.
I have never seen an england team, where they're legs seemed to turn to jelly, like they did against iceland. Wayne Rooney, vast experience of big games, and even he froze.
The manager took sterling off, yes he wasn't playing great, but he had won the penalty and was trying to carry the ball forward. Dier, i understand we didn't need a defensive midfielder in the managers eyes, but once he took him off the team was totally unbalanced.

Rooney, will never be a midfielder, i stated that was his position, so the manager shoe horned him in. Against Germany without him, yes only a friendly, but the team looked unafraid, the movement was fluid, we looked a team that night.
We don't get managers who will make the big calls. Somebody has to be disappointed if you want to win tournaments. Rooney has got an easy life at man utd and with england, i want a manager to come in, and make it obvious, ''If you don't score goals and play well, i can't pick you''!. Favouritism leads to Failure.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 01, 2016, 01:42:12 am by bpoolrover »
See I agree with all you said there mate, they bottled it they played crap but I don't believe they go out thinking there special

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 01, 2016, 08:46:24 am by Sad-Rovers »
Wales care about England the way some of our fans care about Leeds.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 01, 2016, 10:13:13 am by Mustapha-Dump »
9 !

I wonder if many of the fans are English but prefer Wales 😜

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 02, 2016, 12:54:04 am by Sammy Chung was King »
See I agree with all you said there mate, they bottled it they played crap but I don't believe they go out thinking there special

Blackpool, have you ever had in you're life, an occasion where you are almost certain of something happening?.
Say for example you've had a bet, the horse you bet on is ten lengths in front, it is the class horse in the race, a group race winner.
 The horse chasing it, is a handicapper, that most of it's career has only won races in handicap class. But it's been with a new trainer for a couple of years, somehow the trainer has found what makes the horse tick, and it's started winning group races.
 Are you confident, you're horse will win? A consistent winner at the highest level, or do you think the horse, ten lengths behind, that's been an average horse most of it's career, but has had a recent upturn will make the ground up?.

Most would say the horse ten lengths in front wins, consistency will beat only a recent upturn. That's what England did, they took the game for granted, they read the reports saying how great they were, they looked at who the iceland players played for.
And though they were warned ''Don't underestimate them'', they have beat some good teams, they believed the bigger part of they're brain telling them, ''we will come back into this game, they aren't in the same class''!, they were right, but they allowed them to get an advantage in the game.
The last mistake they made, was they underestimated, the team ethic of iceland, the spirit, how every player knew they're job.
They waited and waited, for the man next to them to change things, the problem is, he was relying on the other man next to him. Iceland had a plan from the off, they knew what had to be done, the england team was a mish mash of ideas.
 Then near the end as the minutes ticked away, the lack of a plan led to fear, because they knew, that they had no idea how to change it!.

Fortune favoured the brave. Iceland didn't start with a team with everybody behind the ball, they kept two up front, this surprised england.
Iceland's intention, was to try and nick something to hold onto.
The england goal lulled our team into a false sense of security, ''This is going to be easy lads'', was the thought. The way the goals went in, one after the other near enough, the second icelandic goal went in, and still they didn't sense danger.
Overconfidence and thinking, they were way above any level iceland could offer, cost them the game. Any advantage they had of quality over iceland, was lost purely because of they're own senses of importance, ''We are England, we don't lose to teams like iceland''!.
 The trouble is there is a first time for everything, they didn't take into account they faced, a confident, well organised, resiliant side that was used to winning.
They had a coach, who knows how we play, all too well, and he was unbeaten before the game against us. A man that knew Hodgson's tactics and way of doing things very well, because he had coached with him and seen Hodgson climb the coaching ladder.

The manager and whole team, was suckered into playing just how Lagerback wanted them to, and we lost the game because of it. Planning and tactical nous can win games, against better opponents, and Lagerback and Iceland proved it!.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 02, 2016, 10:44:54 am by The Beast »
Lets be honest why would any one not from England want England to win???
The English abroad hardly cover themselves in glory, we've got a team of overpaid arrogant brats. I'm from England and find it hard to get behind the national team, God save the Queen, no thanks. A load of cockneys singing no surrender, really??

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 02, 2016, 10:57:07 am by bpoolrover »

Blackpool, have you ever had in you're life, an occasion where you are almost certain of something happening?.
Say for example you've had a bet, the horse you bet on is ten lengths in front, it is the class horse in the race, a group race winner.
 The horse chasing it, is a handicapper, that most of it's career has only won races in handicap class. But it's been with a new trainer for a couple of years, somehow the trainer has found what makes the horse tick, and it's started winning group races.
 Are you confident, you're horse will win? A consistent winner at the highest level, or do you think the horse, ten lengths behind, that's been an average horse most of it's career, but has had a recent upturn will make the ground up?.

Most would say the horse ten lengths in front wins, consistency will beat only a recent upturn. That's what England did, they took the game for granted, they read the reports saying how great they were, they looked at who the iceland players played for.
And though they were warned ''Don't underestimate them'', they have beat some good teams, they believed the bigger part of they're brain telling them, ''we will come back into this game, they aren't in the same class''!, they were right, but they allowed them to get an advantage in the game.
The last mistake they made, was they underestimated, the team ethic of iceland, the spirit, how every player knew they're job.
They waited and waited, for the man next to them to change things, the problem is, he was relying on the other man next to him. Iceland had a plan from the off, they knew what had to be done, the england team was a mish mash of ideas.
 Then near the end as the minutes ticked away, the lack of a plan led to fear, because they knew, that they had no idea how to change it!.

Fortune favoured the brave. Iceland didn't start with a team with everybody behind the ball, they kept two up front, this surprised england.
The england goal lulled our team into a false sense of security, ''This is going to be easy lads'', was the thought. The way the goals went in, one after the other near enough, the second icelandic goal went in, and still they didn't sense danger.
Overconfidence and thinking, they were way above any level iceland could offer, cost them the game. Any advantage they had of quality over iceland, was lost purely because of they're own senses of importance, ''We are England, we don't lose to teams like iceland''!.
 The trouble is there is a first time for everything, they didn't take into account they faced, a confident, well organised, resiliant side that was used to winning.
They had a coach, who knows how we play, all too well, and he was unbeaten before the game against us. A man that knew Hodgson's tactics and way of doing things very well, because he had coached with him and seen Hodgson climb the coaching ladder.

The manager and whole team, was suckered into playing just how Lagerback wanted them to, and we lost the game because of it. Planning and tactical nous can win games, against better opponents, and Lagerback and Iceland proved it!.
again Sammy I agree with all that, they deserved to win on the day but that still does not mean the England players thought they were special it says Iceland were better on the day and the manager got the tactics spot on

donnyvikings

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 02, 2016, 10:57:59 am by donnyvikings »
Looks like they might have the last laugh..... :blink:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 02, 2016, 11:21:12 am by drfchound »

Sammy, this has nothing to do with this thread but your post reminded me of something that happened to a horse i backed at Southall a few years ago, and i was there to see my money go down the drain.!!
Me and a big spending mate had a tip for a horse and it was at 20/1 and an apprentice jockey called Jamie Spencer (yes, that one) was riding it.
My mate knew the owner and had £500 on it to win. ( i only had £50 on it).
Coming off the last bend into the straight the horse was about 20 lengths clear and was clearly going to win, UNTIL.....Spencer misjudged where the finish line was and sat up and eased off in front off the stand.
The horse almost stopped .
When Spencer realised he had dropped a clanger he tried to get it going again but two horses came past him and he finished third.
He was very unpopular as you might expect and i remember quite a few punters waiting outside the jockeys changing rooms to give him a serious rocket.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 09, 2016, 10:18:01 am by drfchound »
Well, i am glad that Portugal beat Wales.
I know quite a few Welsh lads and they have been crowing since we got knocked out.
I dread to think what they would have been like if they had reached the Final.

I dont know any Portuguese people.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 09, 2016, 12:42:34 pm by VivaRovers »
I'm glad you finally found some happiness drfchound.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012