Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:07:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BJ in Head Position  (Read 7125 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
BJ in Head Position
« on June 29, 2016, 12:16:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Just read an article suggesting that Boris Johnson is the frontrunner to replace David Cameron.

Just wondered how the members of this forum would react if he was elected. It would be interesting to see how many of them would stand up for him. Personally I doubt he would go down well with one or two.

What's YOUR thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: BJ in Head Position
« Reply #1 on June 29, 2016, 12:21:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Why not ask the man who used to employ him?

Max Hastings. Lifelong Conservative party member and ex-editor of The Telegraph.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/oct/10/boris-johnson-unfit-to-be-prime-minister

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 29, 2016, 12:26:18 pm by Donnywolf »
Its a tough one to call as we only tend to see him clowning around on HIGNFY and elsewhere but that obviously must be a front and he cant be as daft as he acts

As London Mayor he seemed to do well enough and got a few important issues sorted and improvements introduced BUT ...

... is he a bloke that can make a PM ? Has he the breadth of knowledge to do so ? Only time will tell I suppose and indeed he may be hoping he does not saddled with the job of sorting out "the way forward" as I will call it (rather than this effin mess)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 29, 2016, 12:31:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It's not just that - in the same vein as Corbyn has shown that he can't keep a disparate team together, can anybody see an egotist like Boris do the same either?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 29, 2016, 12:37:06 pm by Donnywolf »
It's not just that - in the same vein as Corbyn has shown that he can't keep a disparate team together, can anybody see an egotist like Boris do the same either?

No I cant

The Tories have been scrapping like cats in a sack for ages over this single issue. I said that if the Vote was Remain they would continue going on and on and on till they got another Vote

However now we have a Leave Vote I cant see what will change within the Tories. They will still scrap forever with the Remain rump blaming Boris's Team for getting us in this mess

So NO I cant see him or anyone who will bind that rabble together and at the moment only maybe Dave Milliband who can glue Labour back together as well

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 29, 2016, 01:27:49 pm by The Red Baron »
When I saw the header I was expecting to be reading something far removed from the machinations of the Tory Party.

Looks like a three horse race - Johnson, May and Crabb. I've been saying it will be May for a while. She strikes me as the best bet if you want unity.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 29, 2016, 01:45:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I see Crabb's candidature as that of a junior Minister just trying to raise their profile in the hope of a better job from whoever wins it. So why Javid's hug his hat on him is a bit of a poser - unless he's fearful of not having a job of any kind from the new leader..!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 29, 2016, 01:53:41 pm by The Red Baron »
I see Crabb's candidature as that of a junior Minister just trying to raise their profile in the hope of a better job from whoever wins it. So why Javid's hug his hat on him is a bit of a poser - unless he's fearful of not having a job of any kind from the new leader..!

Probably true about Crabb. as for Javid, he's probably trying to make sure people remember who he is. He's backed the wrong horse politically in the Referendum and his main patron (Osborne) is damaged beyond repair.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 29, 2016, 02:03:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Probably true about Crabb. as for Javid, he's probably trying to make sure people remember who he is. He's backed the wrong horse politically in the Referendum and his main patron (Osborne) is damaged beyond repair.

I can understand that, but then if it was just that you'd think Javid would run himself as that would give him more spotlight - which is why him backing Crabb and not standing himself is baffling...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 29, 2016, 02:09:24 pm by The Red Baron »
Maybe Crabb was determined to run and Javid realised they'd be pitching for the same vote. The way they launched the campaign it was like Javid was his running mate.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 29, 2016, 02:14:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Perhaps, but then as Javid has more Cabinet seniority and higher profile you'd think he'd be the headline act hoovering up Crabb's support..? Whatever, it's their campaign.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 29, 2016, 02:50:46 pm by Nudga »
BB, you may need a tin hat for starting g this thread. If you can't find it, I've got a purple helmet that you can borrow.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 29, 2016, 03:43:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Its a tough one to call as we only tend to see him clowning around on HIGNFY and elsewhere but that obviously must be a front and he cant be as daft as he acts.

Well, ask Max Hastings.

His chaotic public persona is not an act – he is, indeed, manically disorganised about everything except his own image management. He is also a far more ruthless, and frankly nastier, figure than the public appreciates.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 29, 2016, 03:49:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Even on HIGNFY the mask slipped occasionally and Boris's nasty side showed through. Usually when Ian Hislop reminded everybody of his past actions. This phone call springs to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJWkS2A9T0

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 29, 2016, 09:49:05 pm by BobG »
I've just sent that link on a few places Glyn. Thank you! I had no idea. How could we broaden it's circulation???

Bob

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 29, 2016, 09:56:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I've just sent that link on a few places Glyn. Thank you! I had no idea. How could we broaden it's circulation???

Bob

Private Eye has exposed loads of stuff about him over the years, point people in that direction too. There must be a clip of Hislop confronting Boris about this and other things on HIGNFY somewhere on the net?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 29, 2016, 10:09:19 pm by StocktonRover »
If you think BJ is a fruit loop did you see his old man on the last leg on Friday night?
It's obvious that it's a family trait.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 29, 2016, 10:34:55 pm by BobG »
Amongst about 500 other people, I've just sent the link to Priti Patel, my local conservative MP, the owner of the Tory party mailing list, three journalists on national papers, 4 on local papers, one on the BBC and two on Sky - along with a short but very polite note assuring them, on the basis of our past contact and correspondence, that if they invest 2 minutes of their time they won't regret it.

So I'll probably find the boys in blue banging on my door shortly....

Cheers

Bob

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 29, 2016, 10:47:05 pm by wilts rover »
No need to worry Bob. Rupert Murdoch, Paul Dacre and Michael Gove's wife don't trust him, so I think you are pretty safe with that lot on your side. I wont want them against me mind.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/29/michael-goves-wife-doubts-boris-johnson-email-sarah-vine-dacre-murdoch

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 29, 2016, 10:49:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Of the candidates, I probably favour Theresa May really. She deliberately stayed quiet of late, clever move.  Boris I can deal with but the two I don't like are hunt and gove.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 30, 2016, 12:19:26 am by RedJ »
The only person that likes Michael Gove is his mum.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 30, 2016, 01:26:10 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The only person that likes Michael Gove is his mum.

And that's never been proved, conclusively.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 30, 2016, 11:17:38 am by The Red Baron »
Looks like Gove has sunk him. May now odds on.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 30, 2016, 11:28:04 am by bpoolrover »
Why not ask the man who used to employ him?

Max Hastings. Lifelong Conservative party member and ex-editor of The Telegraph.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/oct/10/boris-johnson-unfit-to-be-prime-minister
he also called Gordon brown unfit to so Boris is not the 1st

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 30, 2016, 11:50:44 am by drfchound »

No I cant

The Tories have been scrapping like cats in a sack for ages over this single issue. I said that if the Vote was Remain they would continue going on and on and on till they got another Vote

Haven't the labour rabble been infighting as well Wolfie?

However now we have a Leave Vote I cant see what will change within the Tories. They will still scrap forever with the Remain rump blaming Boris's Team for getting us in this mess

So NO I cant see him or anyone who will bind that rabble together and at the moment only maybe Dave Milliband who can glue Labour back together as well

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 30, 2016, 12:05:51 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
ok  it's finally happened -- as usual he played the last card (he folded last) 
so in my world 

my moneys on

may v Andrea Leadsom

i.e.  woman versus woman  goes well compared to labour v labour

let's see what happens today now borage is brown bread

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 30, 2016, 09:42:28 pm by BobG »
Who or what is 'borage' please?

Cheers

BobG

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 30, 2016, 10:00:27 pm by The Red Baron »

Cheers

BobG

I think it's a curious hybrid of Boris and Farage.

However for once I think Coleman is on the money. I think it will be May v Leadsom because the Boris fans will now do anything to stop Gove being in the final two.

I should know Andrea Leadsom. She was a contemporary of mine at Warwick. She wasn't called Leadsom then, her maiden name was Salmon and she was a year below me. But I can't call her to mind at all. I don't think she was involved in Student Union politics at all.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 30, 2016, 10:23:36 pm by Donnywolf »

Cheers

BobG

Actually an edible Herb so you can swallow it unlike the s*** that Boris or Farage come out with !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 30, 2016, 11:30:02 pm by RedJ »

Cheers

BobG

I think it's a curious hybrid of Boris and Farage.

That sounds utterly horrific.

Possibly the most obnoxious little Kitson in history.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012