Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:05:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Toe is back...  (Read 8103 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: The Toe is back...
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2016, 05:21:37 pm by jonnydog »
I'd give him a go, it might be good to have the numbers during the injury era.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 08, 2016, 05:24:22 pm by RedJ »
What, in the treatment room?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 08, 2016, 05:49:03 pm by the vicar »
the size of him will terrorise the league 2 players for the one game he would play but if he did play he would get injured and no one would want him

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 08, 2016, 07:29:04 pm by Northants Nomad »
No no no. The risk of playing him? No!!! He's just got fit. While he's fit, ship him out. Don't risk playing him. Not with the combination of his glass toe and our injury hoodoo.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 08, 2016, 07:38:38 pm by the vicar »
that is what i was saying

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 09, 2016, 12:12:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If he is fit, why not give him an opportunity from the bench. An experienced guy, injury has got him in this situation, he hasn't got there by playing badly, we have barely seen him, give him a chance, nothing to lose.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 09, 2016, 09:42:58 am by wing commander »
  Your presuming somebody will want to sign him....I'm not sure how you go about doing that with the amount of players available out there and with his recent record...I wouldn't pay him off though,keep him in the fold and see if he surprises us...

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 09, 2016, 10:32:13 am by Danmckay456 »
I can see him being loaned out , Ferguson is obviously in the market for another striker and you have to think he will be at least 5 choice if we bring someone In .

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 09, 2016, 11:47:22 am by wing commander »
   it sounds easy that but with only long term loans this season,who is going to waste one on a player with his recent record over the last few seasons,i certainly wouldnt...?? Also would he actually want to go?? I suspect he's on wind down...lol..He admitted before he joined he had fallen out of love with the game and we haven't seen a thing to suggest he's recovered the love for it again...
  I would let him train,try and get fit and play him in the crazy group stages..You never know he might score a couple and turn it around,theres no question he has the talent..

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 09, 2016, 12:42:30 pm by Danmckay456 »
Fair point , yeah play him in the 2nd round of the league cup when we turn forest over 😜😜

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 10, 2016, 12:01:04 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Other teams are more likely to be interested, if he is playing at least a few minutes here and there, then if you are lucky you might be able to use him to bring a player in, with him going the other way.
Otherwise, they will have to pay him off, because nobody wants a constantly injured player, as it is now, the only moves he might get are non league, or maybe a stint in india, like hume did.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 23, 2016, 07:11:38 pm by The Red Baron »
http://m.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/rovers-news/doncaster-rovers-darren-ferguson-hoping-for-positive-news-as-dany-n-guessan-trains-with-southend-united-1-8084643

Let's hope The Toe did well for Southend. They seem to have a liking for former Rovers strikers as they are having a look at Theo as well.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 23, 2016, 08:06:40 pm by andyst79 »
What was actually wrong with his toe was it broken?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 23, 2016, 08:40:24 pm by The Red Baron »
I don't think it was broken, just painful.

Though it is worth pointing out that both Martin Guptill and (***ing Hell It's) Fred Titmus had decent cricket careers despite the loss of several toes.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 23, 2016, 09:01:24 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I believe after a bad injury and poor medical care at a previous club he got an infection in it and has had to have that cut away

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 23, 2016, 10:24:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I believe after a bad injury and poor medical care at a previous club he got an infection in it and has had to have that cut away

Barbary! I hope we sent the maggots in  :mad:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 24, 2016, 12:38:53 am by Sammy Chung was King »
A toe injury sounds trivial just like it did when david haye lost to klitschko. But in professional sport everything has to be in near perfect condition because of the strain they put on every part of the body.
It very rarely get's mentioned that players have had bad treatment at clubs. Most supporters assume they get the best of everything, but it isn't always the case.

Players we sometimes wonder why they don't have the love of playing that we think we would. It's because they are treated at times as expendable commodities, once they lose their use to the club then they are pushed to the side.
We supporters have a 'romantasized' idea of football. I think if we were involved with clubs it might just put us off the game just a touch.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 24, 2016, 10:58:09 am by GazLaz »
A toe injury sounds trivial just like it did when david haye lost to klitschko. But in professional sport everything has to be in near perfect condition because of the strain they put on every part of the body.
It very rarely get's mentioned that players have had bad treatment at clubs. Most supporters assume they get the best of everything, but it isn't always the case.

Players we sometimes wonder why they don't have the love of playing that we think we would. It's because they are treated at times as expendable commodities, once they lose their use to the club then they are pushed to the side.
We supporters have a 'romantasized' idea of football. I think if we were involved with clubs it might just put us off the game just a touch.

David Haye used it as an excuse though! Dany was really injured.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 24, 2016, 12:10:58 pm by RoversAlias »
Yeah, and I reckon N'Guessan could knock Haye out as well.

You know, if both had all their toes in working order.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 24, 2016, 02:06:34 pm by graingrover »
Nice sentiments expressed on here .. lovely people !

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 25, 2016, 12:13:48 am by Sammy Chung was King »

David Haye used it as an excuse though! Dany was really injured.

It seemed that way didn't it?. Personally i think as a fighter he needed to just congratulate the guy who beat him, and not bother mentioning it.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 26, 2016, 09:44:56 am by wing commander »
   Sent back from his trial at Southend and now back training with Rovers..looks like we are stuck with him then..Not a shock really,with the amount of players available who wants one with half a toe and who hasn't played for yonks...

That said DF needs to stop being so stubborn...We haven't got the biggest squad so if he's fit play him in that crap pointless competition so we don't pick up injuries and who knows,he may surprise us..

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 26, 2016, 09:49:40 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
   Sent back from his trial at Southend and now back training with Rovers..looks like we are stuck with him then..Not a shock really,with the amount of players available who wants one with half a toe and who hasn't played for yonks...

That said DF needs to stop being so stubborn...We haven't got the biggest squad so if he's fit play him in that crap pointless competition so we don't pick up injuries and who knows,he may surprise us..

I agree on the point with Ferguson, he is essentially leaving Dany no way back in. Whilst we are paying his wages he should be in contention for the squad.

Must have had a fall out.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 26, 2016, 09:49:48 am by Retdon1 »
If he's going to be here and he's fit then we might as well give him a go.

darren61

« Reply #25 on August 26, 2016, 10:10:06 am by darren61 »
We are paying his wages so make him play, if he is going to see out his contract with us at least make him work for some of it.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 26, 2016, 10:29:54 am by GazLaz »

I agree on the point with Ferguson, he is essentially leaving Dany no way back in. Whilst we are paying his wages he should be in contention for the squad.

Must have had a fall out.

The club aren't happy he signed when he knew he was injured and didn't declare it.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 26, 2016, 10:48:17 am by wing commander »
Gaz surely there is a part of the contract were he has to declare any problems?? I can only presume wether they are happy or not if they could have wriggled out of it they would..

I've often wondered wether a contract is just to play football or a employment contract for Doncaster Rovers...Get him mowing the grass..lol

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 26, 2016, 11:03:42 am by Bentley Bullet »
...Get him mowing the grass..lol

Can't see that being a success, he'd hardly cover every blade if his playing performances were owt to go by.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 26, 2016, 11:19:20 am by NickDRFC »
Gaz surely there is a part of the contract were he has to declare any problems?? I can only presume wether they are happy or not if they could have wriggled out of it they would..

I've often wondered wether a contract is just to play football or a employment contract for Doncaster Rovers...Get him mowing the grass..lol

It's not like we have a great track record in terms of signing favourable contracts *cough* Curtis Main *splutter* advertising in the Frenchgate.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012