Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:48:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What's wrong with Marquis?  (Read 4030 times)

TheFunk

• Forum Member
Re: What's wrong with Marquis?
« Reply #30 on December 27, 2017, 10:05:18 am by TheFunk »
He was far better than Alfie yesterday who was their best defender in the first half. I don't get why Marquis gets stick when he works his nads off and Alfie gets credit for running around and falling over.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 27, 2017, 10:14:49 am by adamtherover »
Yet Alfie may looks like he could play forever and not score, but gets clapped off the pitch.   He was clean thru, 8 yds out but still didn't have the confidence to get a shot off..

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 27, 2017, 10:29:53 am by Super Colin Cramb »
Yes I’ve got to agree with that. May doesn’t look like scoring and for me isn’t strong enough for this league. He’s quick of 5-10 yards but after that he quite slow. For some reason fans see him through rose tinted glasses.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 27, 2017, 10:46:34 am by Jonathan »
Ever wondered if our supporters see some of our players through ‘rose tinted glasses’ because they’re turning out for our club and we want them to do well and see the best in them. That seems to be a strangely alien concept for some, who would prefer to just pick and moan at everything.

We won 3-0 yesterday. 3-0. Back to back wins. And there are more threads on here complaining about things then there are celebrating it!

It’s Christmas, the team has found a little bit of form, enjoy it!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 27, 2017, 10:52:04 am by dickos1 »
Summed up perfectly mate

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 27, 2017, 11:03:46 am by The Beast »
I think he's been better last few games done a lot of running and taken a lot of hits.
Playing number 9 you take a lot of punishment  from the centre halves, takes a lot out of you.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 27, 2017, 11:23:24 am by IDM »
A few seasons ago our defenders were often “bullied” by opposing strikers..  ours never did, apart from now with Marquis..

They don’t like it up ‘em..

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 27, 2017, 11:25:25 am by Chris Black come back »
Both Marquis and May are hard working players.

Neither of them is particularly clinical in front of goal. For Marquis this looks temporary, for May it could be permanent or potentially something that can be coached in to him. Can’t fault either lad for effort though.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 27, 2017, 11:34:56 am by IDM »
May scored shedloads in non-league didn't he?  Of course, he would have been up against slower thinking defenders, and could afford that extra touch, but putting the ball in the net is the same..

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 27, 2017, 04:18:40 pm by Iberian Red »
We have some complete bell ends that claim to support us. One yesterday has quickly removed his post suggesting Marquis wants May to fail!!!!!!

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 27, 2017, 04:42:17 pm by Fur Calf »
Why don't you so called supporters get off his back. I love his attitude he works hard for the team sometimes as the loan striker, never hides and battles with hairy arsed defenders.  All the best players have that arrogant  attitude and he has the ability to improve. Keep doing what you are doing, just add some goals which I'm sure will come, you can't keep a good man down.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 27, 2017, 05:02:23 pm by RedJ »
May scored shedloads in non-league didn't he?  Of course, he would have been up against slower thinking defenders, and could afford that extra touch, but putting the ball in the net is the same..

That's just it though. He no longer has the time to take that extra touch, which he did yesterday and the chance became infinitely more difficult and ultimately not taken. I desperately want him to make it, but that, at this level, is the difference between making it and not making it as a striker.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 27, 2017, 05:24:07 pm by GazLaz »

Just because you score goals for the Dog and Duck doesn’t mean you can score goals at any level does it.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 27, 2017, 06:36:16 pm by IDM »
That's not what I was saying though, Gaz.. Finishing, he should be good at, but getting to that point is harder in L1....

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 27, 2017, 06:42:03 pm by GazLaz »
That's not what I was saying though, Gaz.. Finishing, he should be good at, but getting to that point is harder in L1....

You are facing better keepers, you have much less time to make decisions and exicute the finish. You get less chances so the pressure on the finishes is far higher. When he was at Hythe he may have got 40 a season but had 200 good chances a season, who knows. Fergie obviously saw something in him to take a punt. Maybe he was forced to by financial restraints, who knows. What I do know is that if a manager has the resources to sign a proven finished article they would always do that over taking a punt on an unproven prospect.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 27, 2017, 07:28:26 pm by dickos1 »
Unless you're arsene wenger

TinyPortal © 2005-2012