Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:29:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Derek Blackham (Newyankee) Memorial Fund  (Read 17656 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: The Derek Blackham (Newyankee) Memorial Fund
« Reply #60 on April 01, 2017, 03:14:35 pm by Alickismyhero »
Just one more win Derek does the job, how's Hools?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ballysbackin

« Reply #61 on April 01, 2017, 04:16:51 pm by ballysbackin »
Good job I have an empty seat next to mine. I know who will be sat in it.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 02, 2017, 02:00:20 am by hoolahoop »
Fine thank you just waiting for us to lift that trophy for Derek and Jill .
I went today and sat watching our faithful from the comfort of the Grimsby Main Stand . As the goals went in I allocated them to someone that wasn't there today - Derek would be pleased with the 4th goal I think . 😀

ballysbackin

« Reply #63 on April 08, 2017, 06:55:14 pm by ballysbackin »
There you go Derek, part one done for you. I think I have arranged your picture being taken with the trophy.  All will be revealed if we get it

ballysbackin

« Reply #64 on April 08, 2017, 08:15:24 pm by ballysbackin »
Just had a twenty min telephone conversation with Donna and Scott (Derek's Son in Law). They are over the moon on the club gaining Promotion, also they send their thanks again for all the support they received from the fans of the Rovers. They also wish to send their Congratulations to the Players, Staff, and everybody connected with the Club and more so to all the Supporters, Donna says that Derek must have been giving some rollickings out from the upper tiers.

Thank you MB

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 09, 2017, 07:36:42 am by Alickismyhero »
Derek wouldn't be happy with only getting promotion he would want the title as well and its on its way...

..Champions, Champions Champions

I can see him now searching for players to improve the side for next season looking to make the Championship at the first attempt. I have a vision of Derek debating the Rovers with King Alick and Albert Broadbent, who knows? who knows?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 09, 2017, 11:08:11 am by hoolahoop »
Lovely part 1 done now for part 2 " the icing on the cake ". Thank you Donna for wishing everyone the best this promotion is for Jill, Derek and everyone of our faithful past, present and future.

Excellent work Rovers and thanks to The Directors, DF  and the whole setup players and backroom staff of our great club.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 14, 2017, 01:00:04 pm by hoolahoop »
There you are Derek - promotion for you , a couple more surprises should follow.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 19, 2017, 08:49:39 am by roversdude »
Derek keep the faith it wouldn't be Rovers if we didn't have twists and turns
Hope you can see the path from your seat way up there

ballysbackin

« Reply #69 on May 06, 2017, 01:16:57 pm by ballysbackin »
Well Derek. it is up to you and the lads and lasses in the top tier stands now.

Now as for part two which I know looks doubtful but here it is and it is not made up, it has in principal been agreed by the Club.

Rovers to win the Championship and at a date not too distant the trophy would be held aloft over the Memorial Garden by possibly Copps and Butts and it would be cast as a tribute to all the named within, On the walls of the KM and the more recent departed who do not have a marker. It is not a publicity stunt but it was to be a reminder that the Rovers are a family club, whether it will now happen I do not know.

I did suggest it after Derek's plaque was put up and the club were keen to acknowledge the departed fans and their families who have and do support the club. It is for everyone. I must admit that it may not happen but If I have overstepped the mark I unreservedly apologise it was never meant to show any disrespect to the bereaved.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 08, 2017, 04:48:40 pm by roversdude »
Have to settle for promotion Derek, sure you can give Fergie some advice from up there

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 17, 2017, 10:35:10 pm by hoolahoop »
Have to settle for promotion Derek, sure you can give Fergie some advice from up there

Give him a right earful I hope .

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on November 21, 2017, 07:40:20 pm by PDX_Rover »
Derek's lovely wife, Donna, connected with me and sent me some of Derek's recent programmes and Rovers' bits and bobs. I knew Derek for more than 40 years. He ran the Ridgewood when I was a nipper growing up in Edenthorpe and he and my Dad and Mum were all good mates. I reconnected with Derek again about six years ago, and we chatted regularly about life, Rovers, beer.... I do miss our chats, especially as my Dad passed away back in 2011. A top man. 

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on November 26, 2017, 08:26:47 pm by Alickismyhero »
I too miss the phone calls from Derek. We disagreed very strongly on issues surrounding our club problems with comments that we had written on the forum but what I found interesting was that when we talked our views where not that far apart. In the end we were both Rovers supporters wanting the best for the club we have supported all our lives, there can be no other club we could support.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on December 10, 2017, 06:39:34 am by hoolahoop »
Miss you too mate ...more than you could ever know. I got the all clear this week after a harrowing 12 hour trip to Brum Orthopaedic but then you would have already known that ;)

You epitomized all that is positive and real in a proud Yorkshireman if I could only be half the man I knew you to be then I would be happy.

One day we will meet to share that pint we always promised each other but I'm allowing you just one joke ! You were a brave and decent man and it's such a pleasure to see that you found the time to always talk to others in an honest, positive and straightforward manner.  :bbscarf:

Loads of people miss you that is testimony in itself to the man you were.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:43:34 am by hoolahoop »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on December 27, 2017, 10:28:50 am by roversdude »
Hoola pleased to hear that mate

TinyPortal © 2005-2012