Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:04:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLO  (Read 6391 times)

besty

• Forum Member
TLO
« on September 26, 2016, 05:36:41 pm by besty »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: TLO
« Reply #1 on September 26, 2016, 05:43:03 pm by RedJ »
Hilariously bitter.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 26, 2016, 06:08:41 pm by NickDRFC »
Pretty much the same reaction I would expect to see on here if the roles were reversed (not on a Carlisle board mind, they're never going to piss any league!)

Didn't realise that Lewis Guy had played for Carlisle, looks like he doesn't have many fans up there either!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 26, 2016, 07:17:48 pm by MrFrost »
Is their stadium still under water?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 26, 2016, 07:46:27 pm by Filo »
Do we qualify to sing Champions of Europe now we're Billy Big b*llocks? 😀😀😀😀

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 26, 2016, 07:48:44 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Do we qualify to sing Champions of Europe now we're Billy Big b*llocks? 😀😀😀😀

Only if we kick bins at the same time

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 26, 2016, 08:33:53 pm by RoversAlias »
I hope they chant "where were you when you were shit?" at us, like in that one post on there.

Since we are shit now, this is hardly us on a tear up the leagues past our historical level is it?

Funny how they're singling us out before the season has even started for being cocky...doing that halfway justifies our attitude, not that it even is arrogant in the DRFC fanbase.

Someone start the "[scoreline] in your cup final!" chant tomorrow night if we take the lead for the benefit of these Cumbrian obsessives, please.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:37:55 pm by RoversAlias »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 26, 2016, 08:49:27 pm by MrFrost »
I hope they chant "where were you when you were shit?" at us, like in that one post on there.

Since we are shit now, this is hardly us on a tear up the leagues past our historical level is it?

Funny how they're singling us out before the season has even started for being cocky...doing that halfway justifies our attitude, not that it even is arrogant in the DRFC fanbase.

Someone start the "[scoreline] in your cup final!" chant tomorrow night if we take the lead for the benefit of these Cumbrian obsessives, please.

I doubt we will hear much in the way of chants from the minibus full of supporters they will bring.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 26, 2016, 09:41:29 pm by nortikorner »
Dont we have Cumberland Sausages for breakfast

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 26, 2016, 09:55:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We expect promotion and have one of the best teams on paper but we all know that doesn't necessarily mean we'll go up. You have to be simple to think that we're saying we'll turn up to 46 games and be given 3 points.

We have the second highest budget in the league, of course we expect to be up there. Is it wrong for Chelsea and Man City to expect to be up there because they used to be shit?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 26, 2016, 10:00:16 pm by DearneValleyRover »

I doubt we will hear much in the way of chants from the minibus full of supporters they will bring.

Why do you think we will take 2 up there when we play Tuesday night?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 26, 2016, 10:06:04 pm by pib »
Look hard enough on any club forum and you'll find a selection of comments you can deem as whatever you like - arrogant, confident, optimistic, pessimistic.  Whatever.

We do have a good squad for the league, our stated aim as a club is promotion, and our own CEO says we have a budget to match.  It's not as if there is nothing to back up the expectation.  We're not just living off being in L1/Champ for a few years.

I don't think we think we're too big/good for this division - we had a squad good enough to stay up last year and we f*cked it up.  We have a squad that should be good enough to compete this year but as Pompey found out last season it's not always that straight forward.  We are hoping to be up there, as anyone with a decent squad and decent setup is.

I'm sure Carlisle will be hoping to be at the top end of the table as we are.  They have a good squad this year and I think they'll be contenders.  Tough game tomorrow night.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 26, 2016, 10:30:22 pm by silent majority »
I quite like the Carlisle supporters. I've met quite a few on my England travels and they've always turned out to be OK. You have to tip your hat to their dedication though, being stranded at the top of England can't be fun for the away trips.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 27, 2016, 01:19:44 am by bpoolrover »

they sold there allocation at Blackpool last week and took over 2700 and its 100 mile away so they might bring a few

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 27, 2016, 02:41:51 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I don't see most of us on here as arrogant i'm surprised at that one. We proved we didn't have a good enough squad when we were relegated.
Surely other teams expect us to be slightly confident with the players we have managed to get?.
 We know only too well that what looks good on paper doesn't always transfer to the pitch. I think they are taking a hopeful optimism for arrogance.
 Before we got to the championship carlisle were seen as a bigger club than ours. I remember them having some great battles with us when jamie lawrence etc played for us.

They would be thinking similar if they had dropped from the championship. Keith curle seems to be doing a good job there i see them finishing inside the top half and maybe more.
Carlisle has had a tough old time with the floods like many of our villages did. So i would think there is a mutual respect rather than us thinking we are better than them.
 We are a club trying to build our fanbase, we have lost some from the relegations.
We aren't a big club we are a club that's punched way above our size. We get the 'Likes of donny' off many teams, maybe not in this league but we have had it for years.
 Rather than them feeling bad towards us i would think they would be happy to see a small club do so well.
They played in the top league way back, we haven't managed that in our history. I've always thought of carlisle as a 'sleeping giant' waiting to be awakened from it's slumber. They might just have the manager to do that for them. Good luck to them but need these three points.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 27, 2016, 07:12:37 am by MrFrost »
I was just trying to get them to bite, which worked.

Apparently our new stadium is the only reason we are doing well and why our attendances have increased from 1500 from Belle Vue.

I guess they missed the promotions, League Cup quarter final etc at Belle Vue.

Morons. We will stuff em tonight

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 27, 2016, 08:49:15 am by Filo »
Is Carlisle an English overseas territory?

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 27, 2016, 08:55:38 am by IDM »
Who cares?

Who really cares what an opposition team's fans are saying on their forum?  As we know on here, there's a lot of BS and extremes of opinions on such forums, as that is the nature of what goes on.  So why bother what others say?

What happened to the "All we care about is D R F C" attitude?

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 27, 2016, 09:25:39 am by drfc1951 »
Didnt they get beaten by Leeds in the 2008 Lg 1 playoffs.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 27, 2016, 11:20:30 am by wing commander »
     I have a lot of time for Carlisle and there fans...Always a good away day trip..Reality is for those of us who have been watching Rovers many many years, we have spent a lot of it in the same division as similar sized clubs...It's only the last ten years that we have kicked on..But Football being football we are together again...We would be saying the same if we were reading the same stuff...it's just a bit of banter..A good side this season by the looks,wont be a easy game this one....

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 27, 2016, 11:55:06 am by BobG »
And, we mustn't forget, this little old 4th division side did make it all the way to the top league in my lifetime - which Rovers certainly have not done.

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 27, 2016, 12:10:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We're all deluded, but some more than others.

If you can't take bullshit you shouldn't give it.

Personally I wish we'd stop using the TLO slogan.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 27, 2016, 01:59:25 pm by bobjimwilly »
Personally I wish we'd stop using the TLO slogan.

I was thinking the other day I might stop using it for thread titles in the Lucky Pint; was maybe more relevant when we were in the Championship? Then again, I have read recent articles discussing League Two promotion candidates and mentioning "The likes of Portsmouth, Plymouth, Doncaster"

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 27, 2016, 02:06:52 pm by Drover »

they sold there allocation at Blackpool last week and took over 2700 and its 100 mile away so they might bring a few

But thats like a local for them,Morecombe is there closest at 70ish miles,Hartlepool 90 Fleetwood 90 odd and BlackPool 100.Would therefore expect Blackpool to be their biggest away following,unless there are some holiday or cup games more enticing.Would hazard a guess of about 300-400.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 27, 2016, 02:31:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
This team should win tonight. That's no slight on them but the expectation we have and should have.

Equally there's every chance we won't as the players have to perform. But as fans we should demand wins in this league, but it won't be easy.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 27, 2016, 02:35:20 pm by StocktonRover »
Didnt they get beaten by Leeds in the 2008 Lg 1 playoffs.
Yes they did - and promptly passed on the coach reservations they had provisionally booked for Wembley to Rovers instead of Leeds.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012