Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:25:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Would you think it good  (Read 4843 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Would you think it good
« on September 29, 2016, 12:23:38 pm by selby »
To score two very controversial goals in the last few minutes at Portsmouth,probably the winner being chucked into the goal by hand,that everyone but the referee sees,and causes their fans to call any tit forevermore, let's say a Butler.
    I would not that I am bitter.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Would you think it good
« Reply #1 on September 29, 2016, 01:08:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Yes, I'd love it. LOVE IT.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 29, 2016, 01:35:34 pm by dijit8 »
Add in Williams getting tripped 5 yards outside the box and ending up 5 yards inside the box and we score the resulting penalty as well as their centre half being sent off.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 29, 2016, 03:08:53 pm by idler »
So many wrong decisions always going the same way is only likely happen once in a lifetime. I still get mad thinking about it. 😡

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 29, 2016, 03:49:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Aye, you'd think the authorities would be equally interested in dodgy dealings on the pitch as well as off it.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 29, 2016, 06:04:34 pm by TheFunk »
No one can conice me to this day that darker forces weren't going on that day. I remember even Harry Gration commenting on Look North about how he'd never seen such a terrible referee in all his years of watching sport.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 29, 2016, 06:12:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Now I might be wrong here (for once), but it looked to me like the referee that day was very, very, very, very, very much intimidated by K*tson, and shat himself everytime K*tson told him to give Portsmouth every decision.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:15:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 29, 2016, 06:31:54 pm by Donnywolf »
No one can conice me to this day that darker forces weren't going on that day. I remember even Harry Gration commenting on Look North about how he'd never seen such a terrible referee in all his years of watching sport.

.... aye and he did that great bit with his Glasses and really took the p*ss out of the Ref. Unfortunately the damage had been done and I DO bear a grudge and it will never go away

I would sooner the things wished for in the OP would NOT happen Saturday but happen in a meaningful game - say the Play Off Final at Wembley so they would feel how I feel even to this day. Maybe it should happen in the Play Off Semi so they don't even get to Wembley - or better yet in the last game of the Season and the resulting decisions with a blatantly punched in Goal relegates them to Non League Soccer but that is stretching it a bit far and unlikely !

Like I said I DO bear a grudge in Footballing terms !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 29, 2016, 07:43:08 pm by RedJ »
NLS stands for National League System, by the way.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 29, 2016, 08:07:03 pm by MrFrost »
I remember someone chasing Kitson down the tunnel. Could have really kicked off

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 29, 2016, 08:08:24 pm by IDM »

I heard that the video of that game was used as an example in referee training as how NOT to do it..

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 29, 2016, 10:25:09 pm by swintonrover »
I just remember JR absolutely ripping into him, and due to FA rules they had to charge him, so the FA just gave him the most nominally small fine they could.
Didn't Russell get demoted to League 2 the following week and colossally cock that up as well?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 29, 2016, 11:47:58 pm by RoversAlias »
I just remember JR absolutely ripping into him, and due to FA rules they had to charge him, so the FA just gave him the most nominally small fine they could.
Didn't Russell get demoted to League 2 the following week and colossally cock that up as well?

I believe he somehow managed it three weeks running. Relegated to League 1 the following week (like us har har oh) he cocked up royally in a Tranmere game if memory serves, then had an absolute stinker in a Hereford match in League 2.

Teams might be wrong but I'm sure that's what happened. Awful official.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 29, 2016, 11:56:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
And despite all the evidence you'll still get people saying football isn't bent!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 30, 2016, 06:54:21 am by MrFrost »
Is Kettle still refereeing?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 30, 2016, 07:30:36 am by The Red Baron »
Is Kettle still refereeing?

He is. As he's one of the group who do mainly L1 & L2 games the odds are we'll see him soon.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 30, 2016, 07:32:30 am by The Red Baron »

I believe he somehow managed it three weeks running. Relegated to League 1 the following week (like us har har oh) he cocked up royally in a Tranmere game if memory serves, then had an absolute stinker in a Hereford match in League 2.

Teams might be wrong but I'm sure that's what happened. Awful official.

He's still on the list although he didn't do any games last season due to injury. He's not appeared this season either.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 30, 2016, 08:00:45 am by Donnywolf »
Surely if you are perceived weekly by almost every Team as being "lacking in aptitude". "useless" and other less appropriate but more "accurate" descriptions you MUST surely have a thick skin to just simply fly in the face of all that "evidence" against you and believe you are still RIGHT

I am sure I would be thinking I must be doing my job badly as everyone is pointing it out - or is he / was he just so stupid or such a cocky or thick skinned individual who was oblivious to the criticisms or even worse thought he was right ?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 30, 2016, 08:07:37 am by IDM »
And despite all the evidence you'll still get people saying football isn't bent!

I just think some referees have poor games.  Doesn't mean they are bent, just weak.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 30, 2016, 08:20:03 am by Donnywolf »
Agree .... but I would also add       / and or extremely POOR to the end of your sentence !

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 30, 2016, 03:47:41 pm by idler »
Surely if you are perceived weekly by almost every Team as being "lacking in aptitude". "useless" and other less appropriate but more "accurate" descriptions you MUST surely have a thick skin to just simply fly in the face of all that "evidence" against you and believe you are still RIGHT

I am sure I would be thinking I must be doing my job badly as everyone is pointing it out - or is he / was he just so stupid or such a cocky or thick skinned individual who was oblivious to the criticisms or even worse thought he was right ?

What are the assessors marking on then for them to remain on the list?

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 30, 2016, 07:47:38 pm by arkseyrover »
wasn't at the game (on holiday with mrs arkseyrover!!!) but have heard so much about it. Is the video still available on you tube? Or would I have to train to be a ref to get to see the training video!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 30, 2016, 07:59:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I just think some referees have poor games.  Doesn't mean they are bent, just weak.

Refs who are weak enough to be intimidated by the crowd or players or managers etc to the extent that they show favour to them are bent.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 30, 2016, 08:02:46 pm by Donnywolf »
wasn't at the game (on holiday with mrs arkseyrover!!!) but have heard so much about it. Is the video still available on you tube? Or would I have to train to be a ref to get to see the training video!

Lucky escape imo ... better to read how infuriating it was than actually have to endure living through it. FFS it was only a game but I still cant believe some of the stuff that went on and was allowed to go on by the inept x 100 Ref. My BP is still up just writing this

Did you go anywhere nice anyway ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 30, 2016, 08:08:29 pm by Donnywolf »

Still there. P*ss boiling again after watching the first Penalty / Sending off and that Kitson Kitson and his Maradonna act for goal 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oYttnvgCM

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 30, 2016, 08:42:54 pm by arkseyrover »
Thanks Donnywolf. Its irrelevant where the holiday was as a whole 2 weeks trapped in the company of mrs arkseyrover with no escape was worse than anything at the Portsmouth match!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 01, 2016, 03:53:53 am by hoolahoop »
Night on 50 years and that was the worst referee for bias I have seen. Yep you get on the wrong side of a ref. being obedient to the crowd and/or players of bigger clubs but NEVER on the scale that t**t inflicted on us that day. Horrible excuse for a human being !

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 01, 2016, 09:02:09 am by Donnywolf »
http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=232465.msg234586#msg234586

Just cant help torturing myself.

Someone remind me what "Mr" Russell did the very next game he Refereed . I know it was massively controversial but memory not what it was ! Sent off wrong player ?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 01, 2016, 09:18:05 am by The Red Baron »
I think he showed a yellow to a player he'd already booked but didn't send him off until the linesman or 4th official intervened.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 01, 2016, 09:22:51 am by The Red Baron »
Seems he has some  "dissatisfied customers" in Norwich too.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3177349/PrintPost.aspx

TinyPortal © 2005-2012