Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:00:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket system upgrade  (Read 3854 times)

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
Ticket system upgrade
« on October 24, 2016, 12:44:26 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Glad this is sorted. It's put me off a few times in the past. I've had a membership for the past few years, but the system has never recognised this, which would have resulted in me having to wait till general sale to buy so had to phone up which is sometimes a little inconvenient.

Club Doncaster have invested in a new ticketing system following feedback from supporters.

The new system, provided by Toptix, is designed to be easier to use when purchasing tickets online.

Staff have already been trained to use the new service, but we will be unable to sell any tickets - online, over the phone or in person - on Monday October 24 due to essential work to move over to the new system.

Box Office Manager Tracy Bawden said: "This investment will mean an improved service for fans buying tickets for all games at the Keepmoat Stadium - whether it be Rovers, Dons, the Belles or events such as the Big Bang. That does mean one unavoidable day when we cannot sell tickets as we change over to the new system, but I am sure people will quickly see improvements.

“We ask fans who are on our database to take this opportunity to ensure their contact details are up to date, so we can provide more offers tailored to your needs.”

The new site will enable supporters to access and manage their own records via the online portal, as well as purchase tickets, memberships, season tickets and other club products.

Mark Hughesman, Club Doncaster’s Media Manager said: “We always strive to deliver a quality service to supporters and we felt that it was a key operational requirement over the summer months to carry out a review of the ticketing services we offer and understand which solutions were in the marketplace to best support our needs. TopTix Sport were able to demonstrate a track record in delivering excellent solutions to a range of UK sports clubs.

“We wanted to revamp our ticketing systems in order to enable smarter ways of working and take advantage of new technology on the market and we look forward to working with TopTix Sport to achieve this. The new ticketing website is fully mobile responsive so works across a range of devices from desktop computers, tablet devices and mobile phones and we will be able to roll out a series of incentives over the season such as package offers, pricing benefits and the ability for disabled fans to buy their tickets along with carer tickets on-line”.

TopTix Sport’s Managing Director Peter Joyce added: "We are delighted to be working in partnership with Club Doncaster. The management team had a very clear set of requirements focusing on pushing the boundaries with new technology to improve the supporter experience and increasing efficiencies across the various departments within the club’s operation. We look forward to working closely with Club Doncaster to plan new innovations and functionality that will help drive the operational side of the business forward and enable the club to deliver a range of benefits to supporters”.

Read more at http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/ticket-system-upgrade-3376462.aspx#PrbciZQKeUMdbPB8.99

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Ticket system upgrade
« Reply #1 on October 24, 2016, 01:28:08 pm by RedJ »
Hopefully the new system will recognise those with a disability season ticket - will save me having to buy in person when I take my lad to make sure we get a carer's ticket too.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 24, 2016, 06:24:15 pm by deebee »
I posted this on Saturday mate.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 24, 2016, 07:07:44 pm by knockers »
Congratulations!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 25, 2016, 12:47:47 pm by drfc1951 »
Stiii cannot purchase online today,not tried ringing yet.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 26, 2016, 09:14:22 am by drfc1951 »
 Try to buy ticket for Saturday online,it says there are no tickets currently available.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 26, 2016, 10:42:59 am by bobbymax »
Won't even allow me on to the ticketing section this morning so there are clearly still issues.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 26, 2016, 01:21:36 pm by drfc1951 »
Now the ticket ordering site says i am entering an  invalid user name and id.I have been on hold for 30 minutes trying to order by phone.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 26, 2016, 04:07:54 pm by IDM »
I just ordered mine online.  I had to re-set my password as it didn't remember me, but once I had done that it worked OK.

It recognised my "fan number" and also that for my dad - you can add families and friends to the purchase too meaning each person doesn't have to log on individually.

It did not recognise we were members first, but that was because I selected "Adult" in the drop down for ticket categories rather than "Adult member", which appears further down the choices. Once I had done that, the system gave me the member prices, paid with my card, and got the confirmation email.  I printed that, to take to the collection point on Saturday just in case there are any issues, but I don't see why there would be..

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 26, 2016, 04:39:21 pm by drfc1951 »
Had to order by phone,not given a reference number or sent an email confirmation.lady hung up on me before i had finished speaking to her.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 26, 2016, 05:42:16 pm by silent majority »
I think the club would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, as it serves to help them settle the new system asap.

Club Doncaster’s new and improved ticket system is up and running.

The system, provided by TopTix, provides an easier platform to purchase online at https://tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk.

As this Saturday’s exciting home fixture against Wycombe Wanderers is the first matchday we have used the new system, we’d urge as many people as possible to book in advance online, in person or by calling 01302 762576.

Supporters can now purchase memberships online, providing an opportunity for discounted prices and priority sale for high profile games.

The new system will improve our service, but there will undoubtedly be a short period where staff and fans get used to it. Therefore, we encourage anyone looking to purchase tickets to do so before the day of the game. If that is not possible, please come to our Box Office as early as possible on the matchday.

Tickets purchased in advance will be available for collection from our usual ticket booths, situated to the side of the main reception on the South Stand.

Fans wishing to sit in the South Stand can also pay on the gate without any requirement to book a ticket in advance.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 26, 2016, 05:52:20 pm by MrFrost »
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to be able to choose a row and seat like before?

donnyguy61

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 06:06:28 pm by donnyguy61 »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 26, 2016, 06:03:55 pm by IDM »
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to be able to choose a row and seat like before?

When I did mine, I could select the block, then the individual seats by clicking on the stadium plan.  The strange thing I found, it wouldn't let me book seats which left a single spare seat afterwards - ie if I wanted 2 seats I needed to pick where there were just two together on a row, or 4 or more - not 3.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 26, 2016, 06:31:36 pm by NigelJ »
I get 'An error has occurred' when clicking on 'Add' Exeter tickets (yes, I am a STH). Also, it doesn't list the prices for this game, so how would you know if you wanted to 'Add' or not?  :thumbdown:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 26, 2016, 07:04:06 pm by silent majority »

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 26, 2016, 07:04:41 pm by drfc1951 »
Still no email confirmation of ticket i ordered by phone this afternoon.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 27, 2016, 10:25:39 am by Mike_F »

When I did mine, I could select the block, then the individual seats by clicking on the stadium plan.  The strange thing I found, it wouldn't let me book seats which left a single spare seat afterwards - ie if I wanted 2 seats I needed to pick where there were just two together on a row, or 4 or more - not 3.

That's a fairly standard procedure for a lot of events. I always get that when booking theatre tickets as single seats are harder to sell than blocks.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 27, 2016, 11:39:07 am by bobbymax »
My security software is flagging the payment page as 'unsafe' and blocking attempts to pay. I bought Saturday's ticket via phone and let the ticket office know of the problem. Apparently, someone from Toptix? is coming in at the weekend to look at issues arising.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 27, 2016, 11:41:20 am by silent majority »
I get 'An error has occurred' when clicking on 'Add' Exeter tickets (yes, I am a STH). Also, it doesn't list the prices for this game, so how would you know if you wanted to 'Add' or not?  :thumbdown:

It shows the prices when I access that page but, like you, I get the 'An error has occurred' message.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 27, 2016, 12:18:50 pm by SLO@DRFC »
I have spoken to the club regarding the issues some of you are having with the new system.  I am told you need to contact suzanne.uttley@clubdoncaster.co.uk and Suzanne will be able to help.
Regards Dean

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 27, 2016, 12:51:18 pm by IDM »
Am I the only one who had no problems?

The only issue I had was not selecting "adult member" on the ticket type drop down...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 27, 2016, 01:26:01 pm by silent majority »

The only issue I had was not selecting "adult member" on the ticket type drop down...

Home tickets aren't an issue for me, just the away tickets.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 27, 2016, 03:42:19 pm by idler »

I've heard about these sights that ask you to click on an adult member.
I'd be careful if I were you.😉

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 27, 2016, 04:19:27 pm by NickDRFC »
Click on or sit on an adult member?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 28, 2016, 07:30:15 am by Mr1Croft »
TopTix is also the ticketing system used at Derby, which is in my opinion the best ticketing system in place at a club outside the Premier League, so this switch is a positive sign.

Obviously it's still brand new to us as fans and the club staff themselves. As with any change in management system, there is going to be some errors and bugs and I imagine at this initial stage it will be a case of the club and TopTix liaising with each other to iron these out.

Glad the URL is now something simple and easy to get to, and it seems the number of clicks to buy a ticket has seriously reduced.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012