Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:48:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: is it my computer????  (Read 2127 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
is it my computer????
« on October 26, 2016, 12:13:56 pm by wing commander »
  All of a sudden about 3 weeks ago whenever I click on any of the Doncaster free press articles all I get is the headline...followed by a survey request and loads of shaded out lines underneath...Anybody having the same problem or just me??? cheers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: is it my computer????
« Reply #1 on October 26, 2016, 12:25:56 pm by IDM »
no it happens a lot.. their advertisers will be paying for that..

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 26, 2016, 02:43:04 pm by wing commander »
but the article isn't even there and hasn't been on any free press links,normally you click skip and it vanishes or the article is underneath but I just get loads of shaded in blue lines...

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 26, 2016, 03:07:03 pm by Dagenham Rover »
If you click back then go back into it usually it doesn't ask for the survey again, a lot of newspaper sites are doing this survey crap now

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 27, 2016, 10:33:22 am by DevilMayCry »
Do you have installed adblock in your browser? I have this extensions and I don't have any problems like you have.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 27, 2016, 10:56:05 am by Donnywolf »
  All of a sudden about 3 weeks ago whenever I click on any of the Doncaster free press articles all I get is the headline...followed by a survey request and loads of shaded out lines underneath...Anybody having the same problem or just me??? cheers

I don't get that problem with DFP but if I access any Johnson Press sites including DFP it takes an aeon to tell me anything !

I get the Headline and then wait and wait etc till I eventually can read the story

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 27, 2016, 12:17:34 pm by MrFrost »
It's designed to piss people off so they go out and buy the paper.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 27, 2016, 01:48:33 pm by IDM »
It is designed for advertising revenue..  Advertisers or survey sponsors will pay a price per 1000 views regardless of whether the readers act on what they see.

the publishers will know how many folks read the sports reports, and use that data to sell such things. 

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 28, 2016, 01:35:01 am by rich1471 »
just click the box that says not interested and it just goes to the story , it takes 5 seconds does it really annoy anybody that much there is so much more in live to worry about than an advert 

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 28, 2016, 11:03:44 am by wing commander »
just click the box that says not interested and it just goes to the story , it takes 5 seconds does it really annoy anybody that much there is so much more in live to worry about than an advert 

It wouldn't if it actually did that but it doesn't which is why I was asking, so wind your neck in..!!!!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 28, 2016, 11:04:52 am by wing commander »
Do you have installed adblock in your browser? I have this extensions and I don't have any problems like you have.

No mate it went on fine until a month ago and haven't installed anything since...very odd..lol

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 28, 2016, 11:25:48 am by roversontheup »
I installed an AdBlocker on my iPad and it stopped me being able to open some web pages/sites. The FP page was much better but had to remove it to free up everything else!

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 29, 2016, 07:52:19 am by DevilMayCry »
I installed an AdBlocker on my iPad and it stopped me being able to open some web pages/sites. The FP page was much better but had to remove it to free up everything else!
You can disable adblock on any page you want and will work just fine, you don't have to remove the extension. For example, you can use adblock on Doncaster free press website and disable it for the rest of websites.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012