Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:57:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Frazer Richardson / Craig Alcock  (Read 3360 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Frazer Richardson / Craig Alcock
« on October 27, 2016, 11:10:43 am by The Red Baron »
Richardson's deal is being extended until January. Not fit for Saturday but hopefully will feature in the Cup games that follow.

Alcock stepping up training and also may be fit for the Cup games.

Apologies to anyone for whom this is old news.

Comes from the DFP.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Frazer Richardson / Craig Alcock
« Reply #1 on October 27, 2016, 01:53:51 pm by The Red Baron »
Update from the press conference. Alcock could return on Saturday so must be ahead of schedule. Marosi a doubt. Fitness test tomorrow.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 27, 2016, 01:54:51 pm by The Red Baron »
Cedric also fit. His toe must heal quicker than Dany's.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 27, 2016, 03:18:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The Grand Canyon will heal quicker than a certain person's toe..!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 27, 2016, 06:08:08 pm by ravenrover »
I have a feeling healed toe or not it could be that Ceddie may well be benched for Saturday along with 1 or 2 others if DF stands by what he said to DFP. He reckons he has given a number of players chances even though they have made mistakes but enough is enough.
I reckon it could revolve around Alcock being fit or not Lets see!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 27, 2016, 06:55:21 pm by drfchound »
Alcock coming back will be a big boost to the defensive quality.
Obviously he won't be 100% fit but may be good enough for an hour.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 27, 2016, 07:19:22 pm by Red wizard »
Alcock will be the best full back in this league by a lpng way. Just hope he gets played there rather than centre back. A back 4 of Ca,MB, AB,CE will be my choice.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 27, 2016, 07:45:09 pm by Retdon1 »
Alcock will be the best full back in this league by a lpng way. Just hope he gets played there rather than centre back. A back 4 of Ca,MB, AB,CE will be my choice.

Agree with the first 3 but no way should evina get in our strongest back 4.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 27, 2016, 08:09:24 pm by Donnywolf »
Richardson's deal is being extended until January. Not fit for Saturday but hopefully will feature in the Cup games that follow.

Comes from the DFP.

I have seen the comments "having a pop" at those who have duplicated posts and imo it reinforces what I said t'other day

For injuries (to name but one) we should have a sticky and post Players name and any relevant info. It would be the "go to" resource and I for one would welcome it

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 28, 2016, 12:51:30 am by Red wizard »

Agree with the first 3 but no way should evina get in our strongest back 4.
[/quot] Because he's our best lb imo and is also not as bad as some say. Again just my opinion. He's got his faults just like all players in the 4th tier. Thats what I think some fans are forgetting. He's a player playing in L2. If he was better he would be gone. We've been spoilt over the last 7-10 years and its showing now big time.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 28, 2016, 03:19:46 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Ferguson seems to like to pick Alcock in a three at the back. For me he is better as a full back, not brilliant going forward but as near to an 'old fashioned' full back as we have.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 28, 2016, 07:05:23 am by Donnywolf »

Comes from the DFP.

I have seen the comments "having a pop" at those who have duplicated posts and imo it reinforces what I said t'other day

For injuries (to name but one) we should have a sticky and post Players name and any relevant info. It would be the "go to" resource and I for one would welcome it

24 hours on I thought what would the situation if I looked at a USA Team and / or Sport for similar information
and having looked at Toronto Blue Jays (Canada I know) there was loads of official and unofficial information

So I looked at "American Football" and found this :

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/new-york-jets-team-injuries

OK the terminology would need to be amended but if you use the drop down boxes you can pick a time right back to Preseason and see who was injured with "what" and as its default is the current week you see at a glance the CURRENT situation

It is a simple Database and it would be fairly easy to do
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:11:54 am by Donnywolf »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 28, 2016, 08:08:00 am by The Red Baron »
Thing is, in the NFL the teams are required by the League to provide a report on the injury status of players. No such requirement exists in football and I can imagine the howls of outrage from managers if such a thing was proposed.

You rely a lot on the local media asking the right questions at press conferences. Quite often long term injuries get forgotten about - ATS being a case in point.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 28, 2016, 08:13:09 am by Donnywolf »
Agree but in the Premier League the people who "play" Fantasy Football like to know who is injured and for how long and there are loads of things like this available

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php#c2

I am not advocating one way or another just that very simply "we" could get intelligence from the Club and Local press even "inside" information and have one resource so we don't have 4 threads on Danny's toe and even worse still the squabbling and p*** taking re who posted what and when

Your last point would be sorted because of course in the Jets example he would be there in the current week along with Luke M too.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 28, 2016, 08:18:31 am by GazLaz »
Alcock will be a standout in this division. We are a left back and a front man away from having a very good squad. Especially when the new keeper comes good.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012