Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:00:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Article 50  (Read 33346 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Article 50
« Reply #90 on November 20, 2016, 02:01:33 am by hoolahoop »
Brexit means Noexit. Where's BST gone these days btw ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on November 22, 2016, 12:51:54 pm by The Red Baron »

wilts rover

• Forum Member

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on November 22, 2016, 09:14:13 pm by BobG »
Reminds me of another has been who tried to 'reclaim' the centre ground when his party turned extremist: Francis Pym. He sank without trace too.

BobG

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on December 07, 2016, 04:36:31 pm by selby »
I cannot believe that we put any trust in M.Ps that find it difficult to fill in a expenses form to sort Brexit out.
   Lets hope they leave it to the smart ones who dont get caught.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on December 07, 2016, 05:23:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I cannot believe that we put any trust in M.Ps that find it difficult to fill in a expenses form to sort Brexit out.
   Lets hope they leave it to the smart ones who dont get caught.

Better than leaving it to fantasists like Fox or Gove, or opportunistic liars like Johnson and Farage.

But not by much!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on December 07, 2016, 05:52:14 pm by NickDRFC »
I see the point Cov. It has a lot of sense. But, by definition, it is adults who vote in elections. If we re-define adult as meaning anayone over 16, are you willing to accept all the other changes that would bring about? Ability to get pissed; ability to drive; ability to commit to mortgages and all sorts of other financial instruments and matters; ability to be sent down to adult prisons. The list goes on for miles and miles and miles....

A tough call not to allow 16 and 17 year olds to vote - but I reckon it was the right call overall.

Cheers

BobG

When I was 16 I was very able to get pissed. It only took me a couple of pints!  ;)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on December 07, 2016, 06:41:30 pm by Not Now Kato »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on December 07, 2016, 09:13:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Oh dear, oh very dear....

http://politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/12/06/very-quietly-liam-fox-admits-the-brexit-lie

Uh-oh, didn't St Nigel of Farage predict riots in the streets if we didn't get a proper Brexit?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on December 07, 2016, 09:27:44 pm by BobG »
That link is now winging its way to several interested and interesting people around the globe. Thank you Kato.

BobG

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on December 07, 2016, 09:55:15 pm by IDM »
With all the kerfuffle in the courts at the moment, whether the terms for Brexit should be debated in parliament and voted on by MPs etc - shouldn't the terms of Brexit been made decided and made public BEFORE the referendum??

That's not sour remainer grapes by the way - "leave" may still have won and by a greater majority - but surely to f**k we should have been told what we were voting for, because at the moment, nobody knows!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on December 07, 2016, 10:01:05 pm by idler »
On the other hand election after election a party gets in and then ignores,reverses or buries policies that got them elected.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on December 07, 2016, 10:05:52 pm by IDM »
Absolutely, but they can then be held accountable for those lies at the next election, general elections, local council elections, but not Brexit.  That's why it was IMHO vital to get a clear message of what it meant before the vote.  Chances are the leave majority could have been bigger, but it would have been a darned sight more open!

All parties are as bad as the other.  South Park had it right, it's always a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on December 08, 2016, 12:22:35 am by BobG »
That is why Cameron will go down in history as the worst Prime Minister since Lord North. His gambling in pursuit of a purely internal party matter, his failure to develop a positive story and his failure to recognise the decade and more of chaos and the century of lost opportunities has and will continue to cause more harm than any other Prime Minister has achieved in almost two and a half centuries.

Try this link if you don't believe me. It's not a long read. But it is a very, very painful one nevertheless.

http://politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/12/06/very-quietly-liam-fox-admits-the-brexit-lie

BobG

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on December 08, 2016, 10:52:36 am by The Red Baron »
You can add to Cameron's charge sheet his utterly botched  "negotiations" where he went in with his position - not exactly a strong one- advertised in advance. He also rushed his negotiations and came back with next to nothing.

Let's hope the actual Brexit negotiators are rather more astute.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on December 08, 2016, 03:59:12 pm by selby »
I wonder if the electorate decided that if Brexit was abandoned,there would be no need for the house of commons, and the house of lords,therefore saving millions of pounds.And we the electorate would be willing to be governed entirely by Brussels making all our MPs redundant how many would try to stop Brexit?
    If we cannot make our own laws,are held to common agreements and rules,why should we have layer and layer of pigs with snouts in the trough.
   I bet Soubry and her mates wouldnt be so full of shit then.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on December 08, 2016, 05:00:25 pm by RedJ »
    If we cannot make our own laws

Good thing we can, eh?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on December 08, 2016, 11:53:21 pm by selby »
Red only after scrutiny and approval by the E.U. courts.We were kept in the dark about treaties  and what they meant by our leaders at the time.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on December 09, 2016, 08:08:33 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Red only after scrutiny and approval by the E.U. courts.

Utter crap. The European Court of Justice can only rule on matter of EU Law. It has no power whatsoever regarding member states internal legislation.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on December 10, 2016, 03:11:34 am by hoolahoop »
Exactly the whole thing is a mess  thanks to the lies and deceit. !
Wait until the factories close and the jobs disappear . :(

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on December 10, 2016, 12:34:24 pm by Yargo »

Wait until the factories close and the jobs disappear . :(
Those racist bas**rds in Sunderland that voted out will get it when Nissan pull out,and the Taffies will regret voting out when Port Talbot closes

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on December 11, 2016, 09:22:37 pm by BobG »
I spotted this today - on a Warwick University site. A thought about the impact on British management of the impact of Brexit. I should have thought of it for myself - but I didn't. What do you reckon?

"A related issue is the assumption that there are senior managers who, in the event of negative consequences with our European market, will spring into action and conquer new markets. Any manager with the competence and motivation to go after new markets is already doing it. The idea that that they are sitting on their backsides waiting for brexit is nonsense. We export more to the Republic of Ireland than we do to China. We have a problem!"

I can't see anything at all wrong with that logic. I wish I could.

BobG
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:27:36 pm by BobG »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on December 11, 2016, 09:38:40 pm by wilts rover »
Where's the problem Bob, Liam Fox is on the job and supporting British business to find new markets...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/09/british-business-fat-and-lazy-liam-fox-claims/

ahhem...

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on December 24, 2016, 02:58:14 am by hoolahoop »
I wonder if the electorate decided that if Brexit was abandoned,there would be no need for the house of commons, and the house of lords,therefore saving millions of pounds.And we the electorate would be willing to be governed entirely by Brussels making all our MPs redundant how many would try to stop Brexit?
    If we cannot make our own laws,are held to common agreements and rules,why should we have layer and layer of pigs with snouts in the trough.
   I bet Soubry and her mates wouldnt be so full of shit then.

Selby just where do you get all this shite from ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on December 24, 2016, 03:00:26 am by hoolahoop »
Red only after scrutiny and approval by the E.U. courts.We were kept in the dark about treaties  and what they meant by our leaders at the time.

You have made that up or are suffering from a severe case of Daily Mail/ Express/ Sun.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on December 24, 2016, 02:42:41 pm by selby »
Hoola if the vote is ignored in the U.K.and we stay in the E.U.what the hell do we need The House of Lords,the Commons,Stormont,the  Welsh Assembly and bless them, the Scotish Parliament for.
   Just bite the bullet and elect the E.U.M.Ps and let them sort it all out.We would most likely be short cutting history by about two hundred years.
   That could well be the future if we stay in,and just think of the money we would save,pluss the w**kers we would be getting rid of that spout crap on T.V.telling us they are protecting our way of life.
    The only way of life they are protecting is their own,pigs in the trough and the good life for the so called elite.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on December 24, 2016, 03:13:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Hoola if the vote is ignored in the U.K.and we stay in the E.U.what the hell do we need The House of Lords,the Commons,Stormont,the  Welsh Assembly and bless them, the Scotish Parliament for.
   Just bite the bullet and elect the E.U.M.Ps and let them sort it all out.We would most likely be short cutting history by about two hundred years.
   That could well be the future if we stay in,and just think of the money we would save,pluss the w**kers we would be getting rid of that spout crap on T.V.telling us they are protecting our way of life.
    The only way of life they are protecting is their own,pigs in the trough and the good life for the so called elite.

If we keep the House of Lords, The Commons, Stormont, the Welsh Assembly and the Scottish Parliament, what would we need parish councils, town councils or county councils for? It's exactly the same argument - and exactly the same answer - just at a different layer of governance.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on December 24, 2016, 05:13:42 pm by selby »
Lets start to get rid from the top then, and work our way down.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on December 24, 2016, 08:49:59 pm by BobG »
There speaks the frustration of someone who hasn't got a clue about what to put in place to replace the object of his frustration. And there, too, is a clear and simple demonstration of the manifest failure of every politician, of all parties, pro Brexit and anti Brexit, to develop a vision of where we should be going amd how we could set about getting there. This current generation of politicians are, for me, the most abject and cringeworthy of any throughout the last 60 years. In fact, the only other generation I can think of who might be as intellectually and morally moribund as this lot today are those we suffered under during the 1930's.

BobG
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 08:52:06 pm by BobG »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on December 24, 2016, 09:36:32 pm by selby »
Bob dont think I am so simplistic,I am just pointing out the obvious situation that we are digging ourselves into,and trying to get a reaction.
   Our forbears in the early 20th century would have been much more vocal,and would have been demonstrating their disgust on the streets if they had been led into such a situation.
   Instead off Cameron has gone into the sunset of corporate lectures for big bucks,leaving others to pick up the pieces.
    I  totally agree with you we have been led by the most inept set of  politicians since the 1930s,and the media has compounded the situation.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012