Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:28:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Colchester (in form) v Carlisle (starting to crack?)  (Read 7747 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Colchester (in form) v Carlisle (starting to crack?)
« Reply #30 on January 08, 2017, 07:56:51 am by dickos1 »
Weird that people want the chasing pack to win! Have we sewn up automatics?

Colchester are still 6 points behind Carlisle, them winning was the best result for us

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 08, 2017, 08:31:36 am by RobTheRover »
Exactly Dickos.  I'd rather Carlisle and Plymouth have one eye watching behind them. Whilst we can concentrate on widening that gap.

#MindTheGap

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 08, 2017, 08:38:20 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Exactly Dickos.  I'd rather Carlisle and Plymouth have one eye watching behind them. Whilst we can concentrate on widening that gap.

#MindTheGap

Yep, we could really tighten the screw with a few more big results.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 08, 2017, 08:40:03 am by hoolahoop »
I'm not sure that Carlisle will drop out of this current 3 way dogfight quite that easily . I might back them to win that would make sure they don't win today.

That bet certainly worked now to place a few more little ones on Rovrum,  Scunny and the Weeds. Never fails . Lol

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 08, 2017, 11:19:58 am by i_ateallthepies »
For me, the current top three would be my preference for automatic, and Portsmouth fall over in the playoffs.  f**k em.
Weird that people want the chasing pack to win! Have we sewn up automatics?

CIM, if your comment is in reference to mine, please tell me where I said anything about wanting the chasing pack to win.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 08, 2017, 11:57:05 am by Copps is Magic »
No, not you. Everyone else. Conventional wisdom is for the top 3 to pull away and develop a big gap between the chasers but apparently everyone on here is now looking at the title.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 08, 2017, 12:59:55 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Yes, I share your reluctance to raise expectations.  How short memories can be.  Whilst this appears to be a very different situation to last year, do people not remember what happened only one season ago?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 08, 2017, 01:02:43 pm by IDM »
We have a great chance and are in pole position..  but my philosophy is one game at a time and the next game is always the most important one...

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 08, 2017, 01:11:38 pm by StocktonRover »
In the season that we went up as champions at Brentford, weren't Tranmere at the top until around Christmas?
They then had a massive downturn in results and missed out altogether if my memory is correct.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 08, 2017, 01:28:41 pm by The Red Baron »
I think Tranmere's problem was that they had a couple of key loan players who went back after Christmas. We have kept ours and added another.

Buy I take your point that it's too early to be over-confident.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 08, 2017, 02:47:06 pm by RedJ »
Jake Cassidy's form was non-existent after Christmas, he was key to their great start. They dropped like a stone and finished about 12th I think.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 08, 2017, 03:44:51 pm by Draytonian III »
Jake Cassidy is at Guiseley now

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 08, 2017, 09:36:18 pm by BobG »
If we're top in March that's the time to start crossing fingers and toes. Before then it's simply the triumph of hope over experience.

BobG

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 08, 2017, 09:47:29 pm by IDM »
Or just adding to the 52 points we already have..

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 09, 2017, 01:09:59 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Overconfidence could be a big enemy to our team. Yes it's nice being top but we've achieved nothing yet. People don't tend to remember who was top in January if you end up dropping out of the promotion places.
Some teams thrive on being number one for months on end, others wilt under the pressure. Last season our squad showed they couldn't handle pressure-have they learned from those mistakes?.

We haven't been truly tested with intense pressure yet that's to come. For all we have done well we have been away and been beaten comfortably a few times-Luton, Plymouth and Blackpool and got edged out at Accrington and Crewe.
At home we are totting up the points but away there is still work to be done while maintaining the home form. Nineteen points away and thirty three at home. We need plenty of wins away second half of the season and when we are poor at least pick a point up. At home i think we will be challenged more so we will even have to improve there.

Barnet away is just the start. Very limited when we played them but we made a meal of them at home, we were pretty sloppy. They have improved their squad since. For one they have brought Santos in from Peterborough for this level a good signing. Though at a hundred grand they have paid some fair money out.
Colchester for me won't maintain the form they don't have the squad to do it. And for me i don't see a lot of money being available. Carlisle score too many goals not to be involved around the top. That defence is a major problem it's far worse than ours even when we are at our worst.

Carlisle will be up there come the end. They have hit a bad run that i was kind of expecting. To go so long with only one defeat it was always going to come.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 26, 2017, 04:06:21 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
just been looking at the league table amazed to see Carlisle are a mere 20 points behind Rovers (Rovers 1-0 down at the moment) which made me look up when I first suggested Carlisle might be starting to crack

that was very early January so their form must almost be relegation form and the manager should be on the way out soon ??

TinyPortal © 2005-2012