Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:10:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barnet - away  (Read 9429 times)

essexrover

• Forum Member
Re: Barnet - away
« Reply #30 on January 07, 2017, 04:49:14 pm by essexrover »
I'll be in attendance.

Does anyone know if Underhill is still standing? Was hoping to have a mooch over before the game.

I think it is. I think it is used as a training base by one of the London Rugby clubs.
London Broncos use it as  training ground.
I used to love going to Underhill to see Rovers, when I lived in London.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 07, 2017, 06:05:06 pm by The Red Baron »
I was out of date. The Broncos have moved out now and Underhill is going to be demolished to make way for a school.

http://barnetsociety.org.uk/component/k2/underhill-stadium-site-for-new-six-form-entry-academy-school

I don't know whether the demolition work has started yet.

Update. Doesn't look like it. Might be worth a look while it is still standing.

https://publicaccess.barnet.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=dates&keyVal=ODE684JIH0X00
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 06:12:34 pm by The Red Baron »

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 07, 2017, 06:36:04 pm by sheffield exile1 »
5 of us going  10.30 from Donny. Euston Flyer for me. Fullers ESB, expensive but terrific yum! Probably back there after the match or the Post Sorting Office thingy in KX upstairs before the 6.30 back up.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 07, 2017, 07:10:15 pm by MrFrost »
Working in London unfortunately means I come bCk up to Doncaster on a Friday evening and thus have no interest returning bCk down on the Saturday.  A shame as I'm sure it will be a good game.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 07, 2017, 07:20:25 pm by philsky »

We have a spare bed ?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 07, 2017, 07:21:33 pm by MrFrost »

We have a spare bed ?

Cheers for the offer. Have family. Commitments Saturday now. Sounds like plenty are going though.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 08, 2017, 08:53:04 am by Guernsey Exile »
Do we really think this will sell out? Does anyone fancy getting me a ticket and meeting me there? Worried I am going to get there and no tickets!

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 08, 2017, 09:44:01 am by 1879Rovers »
I hope tickets will be available on the day as it will be a last minute call for me.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 08, 2017, 10:06:29 am by nice one rovers »
Do we really think this will sell out? Does anyone fancy getting me a ticket and meeting me there? Worried I am going to get there and no tickets!
You can buy over phone at Donny tkt office and pick them up at Barnet tkt office.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 08, 2017, 10:08:11 am by philsky »
You can buy over phone at Donny tkt office and pick them up at Barnet tkt office.

Yup, that what I do for most away matches - Notts County and Mansfield most recently and will do this for Barnet.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 08, 2017, 10:11:34 am by the vicar »
me and 2 more going

BeesKnees

« Reply #41 on January 08, 2017, 11:55:27 am by BeesKnees »
 Hi,
Barnet fan in Peace.
The away end holds 1800 but also there is a section of 700 seats in the west stand held in reserve.  You are almost certainly going to be able to pay on the day.

Safe trip.  If you are looking for decent free parking within 5-10 min walk then use postcode HA7 1JR to get to a non residential slip road on honeypot lane with plenty of parking.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 09, 2017, 10:30:46 am by besty »
Got married on Saturday.
The honeymoon is a trip round Britain doing shows,fine dining,thames cruise etc...

We are in London Saturday and whos playing there then?!

The new wife is off to watch the Rovers on her honeymoon  :laugh:

The miserable female will be with me  :rtid:

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 09, 2017, 11:26:08 am by DRFC-Hanksie »
I was out of date. The Broncos have moved out now and Underhill is going to be demolished to make way for a school.

http://barnetsociety.org.uk/component/k2/underhill-stadium-site-for-new-six-form-entry-academy-school

https://publicaccess.barnet.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=dates&keyVal=ODE684JIH0X00

Great, thanks for the update Red Baron. Will add to the hitlist for Saturday.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 09, 2017, 11:35:27 am by RedRover45 »

Great, thanks for the update Red Baron. Will add to the hitlist for Saturday.

According to maps its 17 mins drive, 54 mins by tube and 2 hours walk between the two grounds or else I'd have done the same.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 09, 2017, 11:43:50 am by RoversAlias »
Got married on Saturday.
The honeymoon is a trip round Britain doing shows,fine dining,thames cruise etc...

We are in London Saturday and whos playing there then?!

The new wife is off to watch the Rovers on her honeymoon  :laugh:

The miserable female will be with me  :rtid:

Brilliant, hope it's a win to mark the occasion!

I have a hard enough time getting my girlfriend to a home game in spring so the chances of me whisking her off to the Rovers on honeymoon seems a distant dream.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 09, 2017, 03:53:46 pm by Mike_F »
If you are looking for decent free parking within 5-10 min walk then use postcode HA7 1JR to get to a non residential slip road on honeypot lane with plenty of parking.

That's a familiar street name.

I've seen it countless times over the years as I'm sure have most of us... On hand dryers in public bogs. I assume it's the same Honeypot Lane.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 09, 2017, 05:49:34 pm by Al4475 »
Why not hit the famed 'coal hole?' I'm sure I walked past it (or a pub with that name) last time I was down there!

I think it was on the strand! Not sure how far away from Barnet it is though!

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 09, 2017, 06:13:27 pm by acacia94 »
Blimey Al – drinking at the Coal Hole before the Barnet game would be a bit like supping in Rotherham before a game at the Keepmoat. Its very fine on Strand and a cut above Rotherham but a fair old distance to the game.
Barnet used to be alright for a pre pint when at Underhill but they've moved quite a way down into suburban London and in that bit where they just didnt build pubs. Long A roads, little stands of shops, but not much cop for boozers. I reckon it'll need a bit of exploration further afield to find a handy watering hole but the Coal Holes a bridge too far mate.

darren61

« Reply #49 on January 09, 2017, 06:15:09 pm by darren61 »
Ive had some good nights in the coal hole, yes its on the strand, dont have their buy one get one free 5 rum cocktail, if you want to see the match.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 09, 2017, 06:16:25 pm by podrover73 »
Should be able to get a few drinks around the Green park tube and jump on the Jubilee line up to Cannons Park , that is if there not on strike again 

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 09, 2017, 06:20:39 pm by Al4475 »
Fair enough acacia! Good point well made! Lol

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 09, 2017, 06:30:10 pm by NickDRFC »
I'd recommend going somewhere like Baker St or West Hampstead rather than Green Park. Green Park is basically Mayfair and although there are some great restaurants and high end bars it's not really a place for pre-football boozing.

You can get a train from St Pancras to West Hampstead in about 15 mins, and a tube to Baker St in about 25 minutes, and there are a lot of pubs around both of them. Both are on the jubilee line so can get to Queensbury/Cannons Park within 15-20 mins.

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 10, 2017, 12:59:27 am by DD »
If you like "proper" pubs / CAMRA / traditional pubs I've been recommended these;
Near green park tube - Ye Grapes, the Red Lion (off Pal Mall) , the Golden Lion, and another Red lion (off Jermyn st) - the last 3 are within  200yds of each other!
Near baker St is the Barley Mow (plus the big spoons but I don't count that)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 10, 2017, 08:16:50 am by Albert Trousers »
Ive had some good nights in the coal hole, yes its on the strand, dont have their buy one get one free 5 rum cocktail, if you want to see the match.
Or if you want to keep up repayments on your mortgage, judging by my one & only visit in the summer.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 10, 2017, 01:47:34 pm by acacia94 »
The old classic pre England games pub is the The Globe opposite Baker Street tube. Its not 'next to the ground handy' but suburban North West London's a bit of a desert for pubs. Jubilee Line direct from Baker Street to Canons Park 20mins.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 10, 2017, 09:43:26 pm by normal rules »
There has been well over 3000 views of this thread. Wonder how many of these views translate into attendees.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 11, 2017, 11:55:21 am by philsky »
There has been well over 3000 views of this thread. Wonder how many of these views translate into attendees.

4 from Enfield

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 11, 2017, 02:50:29 pm by moses »
Moranos looks like the nearest pub to the ground from Cannons park tube station, a recommendation from someone going to watch Barnet as an away fan.

https://www.facebook.com/Moranos-356844591018548/?fref=ts

Buckley's Bar past the ground from the tube station seems more Rovers appropriate though.
https://www.facebook.com/buckleysbarharrow/?fref=ts

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 11, 2017, 03:19:00 pm by MrFrost »
500 sold I've been told

TinyPortal © 2005-2012