Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:42:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marosi  (Read 11692 times)

biggle

• Forum Member
Marosi
« on January 07, 2017, 10:20:43 am by biggle »
Any info on his injury?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Re: Any news on Marosi ?
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2017, 10:37:01 am by 5minstogo »
I would think if it was broken we'd know by now. I expect they are waiting for any swelling to go down before doing an MRI for ligament damage. Fingers crossed it's just swelling.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2017, 02:15:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Has to be ligament judging by the way he reacted holding upper lower leg. Fingers crossed for the lad it's not long lasting whatever it is.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2017, 02:18:50 pm by roversdude »
Some respects a break is better than ligament damage
Know that from experience, apparently I was tripped by a stray crisp packet
Hope he's back soon been impressed with the lad this season

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2017, 06:22:56 pm by Susan Abbott »
It was nice while it lasted he's a great shot stopper . It's bite your finger nails form here on in if we don't get a useful replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 07, 2017, 09:59:34 pm by the vicar »
Has to be judging by the way he reacted holding upper lower leg. Fingers crossed for the lad it's not long lasting whatever it is.
ligament damage is usually worst than a break

phil old leake

• Forum Member
MAROSI
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2017, 12:33:10 pm by phil old leake »
I don't know if I've missed anything but I haven't read anything about his injury and the severity. Does anyone have any news

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: MAROSI
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2017, 12:36:38 pm by steve@dcfd »
I think it will depend on the amount of swelling when scan can be done.
It will probably been X Rayed on Thursday night so I suspect there is no break unless the information is been kept quiet.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
Re: MAROSI
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2017, 09:29:08 am by Geoff Blakesley »
He hasn't said anything on twitter about his injury.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2017, 09:48:20 am by The Red Baron »
He hasn't said anything on twitter about his injury.

I imagine they are under fairly strict instructions not to talk about things like that until there's something official from the club.

His girlfriend joked that it was a full time job looking after him, but he'll be non-weight bearing on that leg until it is fully diagnosed anyway.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 09, 2017, 09:57:54 am by wing commander »
  I would be very surprised if it isn't pretty much a season ending injury...wether its a break or not tbh...such a shame for the lad...

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 09, 2017, 10:08:47 am by Danmckay456 »
One things for a sure a new contract will be on the table with him being out of contract in the summer  and the club have been busy with new deals for the younger element of the squad.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 09, 2017, 10:26:53 am by wing commander »
    Just read a interview on the free press website were DF states they are hopeful the injury to Marosi isn't to bad after all....Regardless we as fans have a part to play in this...Regardless of if you rate Ross or not,he is going to have a spell as our no1 and that means we have to get behind him and support him and do nothing to effect his confidence...That means a end to the criticism and abuse during games regardless of what happens....That's going to be vital for him as its obviously effected him as DF has intimated before....

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 09, 2017, 11:10:12 am by Donnywolf »
Agree - constant criticism does nothing positive for any Player and / or the Team itself but I fear there will be those who will exercise their right to write and boo whatever the vast majority think

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 09, 2017, 12:04:01 pm by rtid88 »
    That's going to be vital for him as its obviously effected him as DF has intimated before....

I would have thought being dropped by your manager pretty quickly after making a few errors rather than guiding him through it would have done more to tarnish his confidence.

However I think Fergie saying what he did after the match on Thursday about Ross was top notch!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 09, 2017, 12:15:55 pm by GazLaz »
    That's going to be vital for him as its obviously effected him as DF has intimated before....

I would have thought being dropped by your manager pretty quickly after making a few errors rather than guiding him through it would have done more to tarnish his confidence.

However I think Fergie saying what he did after the match on Thursday about Ross was top notch!

I thought that was very good management at the time as well.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 09, 2017, 12:34:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thing is, if Etheridge plays on Saturday, he's going to have to deal with those long throw bombs from all angles. Any keeper, would be under pressure from them!

I wish Marosi a quick recovery though as he's been a revelation so far!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 09, 2017, 12:39:07 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Thing is, if Etheridge plays on Saturday, he's going to have to deal with those long throw bombs from all angles. Any keeper, would be under pressure from them!

Muggleton hasn't been in the Barnet side for sometime so hopefully Ross won't have to deal with it.

ballysbackin

« Reply #18 on January 09, 2017, 12:43:31 pm by ballysbackin »
I had the thought of deleting the problem and destabilising Barnet which might just have got a bit easier, why doesn't Donny put an enquiry into buying him which probably Barnet may or may not refuse but should upset the applecart, if they refuse nothing lost but if they give permission he would probably not play in case of injury, then Donny could botch the deal OR have a full back that can launch the ball anywhere, Just an idea

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 09, 2017, 01:36:44 pm by wing commander »
    Don't be fooled by the Barnet we saw at the Keepmoat,they are a totally different team now...They are having a decent run of results and have completely changed there style of play...I'm sure the management team are aware of that but for those going,dont expect long throws or the ball just lumped into the box....

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 09, 2017, 01:42:49 pm by wing commander »

I thought that was very good management at the time as well.

I think he took him out as much to protect him from us as much as for the team..His confidence was shot and he was being heckled at every opportunity..I'm far from convinced with him but only because I haven't seen much to be positive about...
     But it should be a clean slate from here...Sing his name when he comes out..Clap him at every opportunity and put him at ease..And then we might see what he's capable off....

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 10, 2017, 02:13:44 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I think Etheridge will do well for us. It's sad this is how he get's his opportunity but that's football. Marosi has done well for us so far though i haven't been convinced with some things he has done, he has taken his opportunity and proved very good at shot stopping.
Etheridge i have always held the view that he has the ability to be better than Marosi now he get's his chance. Get behind the fella don't get on his back and help the other side.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 10, 2017, 08:41:48 am by the vicar »
another scan today i think

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 10, 2017, 08:46:32 am by the vicar »
I had the thought of deleting the problem and destabilising Barnet which might just have got a bit easier, why doesn't Donny put an enquiry into buying him which probably Barnet may or may not refuse but should upset the applecart, if they refuse nothing lost but if they give permission he would probably not play in case of injury, then Donny could botch the deal OR have a full back that can launch the ball anywhere, Just an idea
We are crap on corners so what makes you think we would be any better with launched ball

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 10, 2017, 09:04:06 am by GazLaz »
I was thinking against Pompey how much better we were at dealing with balls into the box.

ballysbackin

« Reply #25 on January 10, 2017, 11:07:41 am by ballysbackin »
We are crap on corners so what makes you think we would be any better with launched ball

Dave it is not about us getting him it is about destabilizing Barnet but on his throws, I was thinking more where we have throws in our own half, to quickly turn the tables and turn defence into attack. However if he is not going to play on Saturday then no problem for our lot.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 10, 2017, 12:23:28 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »

Muggleton hasn't been in the Barnet side for sometime so hopefully Ross won't have to deal with it.

I thought this was Carl Muggleton at first.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 10, 2017, 12:49:27 pm by Draytonian III »
His son

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 10, 2017, 02:06:55 pm by albie »

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
Marosi