Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:48:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marosi  (Read 11737 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Marosi
« Reply #30 on January 10, 2017, 02:22:10 pm by NickDRFC »
Big loss with the way he's been performing and now a big test of DF's management. Does he bring in a new keeper and risk shattering Etheridge's confidence? Or does he give him a go?

I'd personally give Etheridge the next two games whilst discreetly setting some wheels in motion. If Etheridge performs, great, if not, we should have time to get someone else in.

Question for those who track the rules better than I do - what is the situation with emergency loans these days? If DF decides to give Etheridge a chance, and then he gets injured early Feb, can we still get special dispensation to bring somebody else in?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 10, 2017, 02:25:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bring in another keeper anyway with Jones touch and go over the last week. You don't want to be relying on Etheridge not getting injured.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 10, 2017, 02:25:55 pm by Mike_F »
I think we need to bring someone in regardless. I would definitely give Ross a shot and hope that his loan spell has given him some confidence (and that the fans support him too!) but we need cover so it may take a Frazer Richardson type contract for an experienced pro to help out until the end of the season.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 10, 2017, 02:30:07 pm by esdailles left foot »
Correct must be experienced

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 10, 2017, 02:33:42 pm by RedRover45 »
Chris Kirkland ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 10, 2017, 02:36:37 pm by GazLaz »
Why sign a renowned injury prone player? I wouldn't.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 10, 2017, 02:42:52 pm by glosterred »
The search is now on for a replacement keeper to compete for the starting spot

COYR

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 10, 2017, 02:44:41 pm by donnygeoff »
From Free Press
Rovers boss Darren Ferguson has begun the search for goalkeeping cover and hopes to have a signing in place by Thursday. The new arrival will compete for the starting shirt with Ross Etheridge, who was recalled from his loan with Alfreton Town last week and replaced Marosi in goal against Portsmouth.

Tom-RTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 10, 2017, 03:06:14 pm by Tom-RTID »
Would expect Fergie to start Etheridge on Saturday, would hit his confidence even more by bringing in a loan keeper and starting him straight away. Tough first game for him though, with those Barnet throws...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 10, 2017, 03:31:21 pm by wing commander »
There isn't any Barnet throws!!!!!!!!! They are playing a different game from when we saw them...There wont be much long ball from them on Saturday...

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 10, 2017, 03:45:45 pm by the vicar »
I had the thought of deleting the problem and destabilising Barnet which might just have got a bit easier, why doesn't Donny put an enquiry into buying him which probably Barnet may or may not refuse but should upset the applecart, if they refuse nothing lost but if they give permission he would probably not play in case of injury, then Donny could botch the deal OR have a full back that can launch the ball anywhere, Just an idea
We are crap on corners so what makes you think we would be any better with launched ball

Dave it is not about us getting him it is about destabilizing Barnet but on his throws, I was thinking more where we have throws in our own half, to quickly turn the tables and turn defence into attack. However if he is not going to play on Saturday then no problem for our lot.
I know what you mean Mick i hope he is out on satuday

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 10, 2017, 03:48:10 pm by Jersey Rover »
That length of time with rehab and getting back up to speed really he is out for the rest of the season. Although Ross deserves a second chance we need to have in place an experienced keeper just in case things don't work out. DF has given numerous players this year their chance to step up to the plate and make the position theirs. It's literally in your own hands now Ross, best of luck

ballysbackin

« Reply #42 on January 10, 2017, 04:16:04 pm by ballysbackin »
Big loss with the way he's been performing and now a big test of DF's management. Does he bring in a new keeper and risk shattering Etheridge's confidence? Or does he give him a go?

I'd personally give Etheridge the next two games whilst discreetly setting some wheels in motion. If Etheridge performs, great, if not, we should have time to get someone else in.

Question for those who track the rules better than I do - what is the situation with emergency loans these days? If DF decides to give Etheridge a chance, and then he gets injured early Feb, can we still get special dispensation to bring somebody else in?

Nick, we need two and no disrespect to young Jones, but there are some brutal fixtures on the way, I currently do not think either of our two remaining keepers will have the mental capacity, we do not want to lose games at this stage, Derby have just brought back Roos ? is it from loan...

ballysbackin

« Reply #43 on January 10, 2017, 04:17:48 pm by ballysbackin »
Portsmouth of old, two games two crippled to a degree opposing players , ours and the lad from Luton, they trying to kick their way back up

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 10, 2017, 04:35:13 pm by glosterred »
Portsmouth of old, two games two crippled to a degree opposing players , ours and the lad from Luton, they trying to kick their way back up

Thought it was Alcock that landed on Marosi causing the injury

COYR

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 10, 2017, 04:38:18 pm by Bessie Red »
Stuckmann's available!!

chave

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 10, 2017, 04:50:10 pm by chave »

COYR

Pompey fan here. Our striker was challenging with a defender and Marosi for the ball, however it was the bad landing that injured him. For the Luton incident, their player injured himself trying to tackle one of ours. We're a dirty team, but we're not trying to cripple players.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 10, 2017, 04:59:46 pm by glosterred »
Stuckmann's available!!

There's worse keepers out there.

COYR

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 10, 2017, 05:04:31 pm by roversdude »
There are a lot better too, BFG was good but goes down in instalments now

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 10, 2017, 05:09:26 pm by Woodhead Passer »

COYR

Baudry was closest to Marosi.

I personally think that Marko caused his own injury. He didn't jump with his hands in the air to grab the ball as a keeper should. He waited and caught it in his midriff; leading him to fall awkwardly into Baudry and the Pompey player.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 10, 2017, 05:15:20 pm by dknward2 »
Would expect phone calls being made to premiership club and championship clubs. TBH I would expect fergie to already have 3 or 4 names ready to call. Could Neil Sullivan come back or is he still coaching with Leeds (as a bench option only)

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 10, 2017, 05:18:43 pm by karldew »
Who was the lad from Villa? Jed Steer? Could be a possibility as they've just got Johnstone.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 10, 2017, 05:34:04 pm by podrover73 »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 10, 2017, 05:34:52 pm by IDM »

COYR

Pompey fan here. Our striker was challenging with a defender and Marosi for the ball, however it was the bad landing that injured him. For the Luton incident, their player injured himself trying to tackle one of ours. We're a dirty team, but we're not trying to cripple players.

I thought he fell badly - I was at the other end of the stadium however..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 10, 2017, 05:35:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
We need to bring in a more experienced keeper than Ross who can go straight into the first team if DF decides.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 10, 2017, 06:11:30 pm by Jonathan »
Ross (Turnbull) isn't up to much at the moment is he? Third choice at Leeds I think. Not sure if he's injured, if not I'd have him back here in a heartbeat.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 10, 2017, 06:22:09 pm by karldew »
2 on a free that stand out with experience is Kirkland and Paul Smith...

Turnbull is a decent shout though.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 10, 2017, 06:22:45 pm by The Red Baron »

Pure accident the way I saw it. He landed badly and I feared he'd done his ligaments at the time.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 10, 2017, 06:23:10 pm by albie »
It would ruin the confidence of Dame Edna if DF did not start him at Barnet.

No need to rush as the window is open until the end of January so Rovers can give Ross the chance.

No-one knows what Jones is like. He might be the new Dennis Peacock.

Hang on.....big Dennis!
What's he doing these days?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 10, 2017, 07:05:36 pm by ravenrover »
How many more times do I have to say it " KIRKLAND HAS RETIRED"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012