Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:53:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marosi  (Read 11709 times)

ballysbackin

Re: Marosi
« Reply #60 on January 10, 2017, 07:13:24 pm by ballysbackin »
Portsmouth of old, two games two crippled to a degree opposing players , ours and the lad from Luton, they trying to kick their way back up

Pure accident the way I saw it. He landed badly and I feared he'd done his ligaments at the time.

Yes maybe but who was he under a challenge from, from where I could see (SE COrner) looked like Smith - might be wrong but he certainly did not go for a swan dive without help

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 10, 2017, 07:34:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
No room for sentiment, best keeper plays.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 10, 2017, 07:44:37 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I don't see the logic in spending money right now on another keeper. Play Etheridge with Louis Jones on the bench. If it's not working out after a couple of games, then may be the time to spend. This could be the making of Etheridge, who I am sure will blossom at some point. It's a gamble to a degree but one worth taking in the bigger scheme of things IMO.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 10, 2017, 07:46:17 pm by roversdude »
Only problem is Jones is injured too isn't he

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 10, 2017, 08:27:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
I don't see the logic in spending money right now on another keeper. Play Etheridge with Louis Jones on the bench. If it's not working out after a couple of games, then may be the time to spend. This could be the making of Etheridge, who I am sure will blossom at some point. It's a gamble to a degree but one worth taking in the bigger scheme of things IMO.

The manager looks to have made his mind up what we require

Quote from Freepress

Ferguson has commenced the search for goalkeeping cover and hopes to have a signing in place by Thursday.

The new arrival will compete for the starting shirt with Ross Etheridge, who was recalled from his loan with Alfreton Town last week and replaced Marosi in goal against Portsmouth. Ferguson said: "It leaves us with Ross and Louis (Jones).

The reason I brought Ross back was I didn't really want to have to have Louis on the bench, no disrespect to him. "We did our job getting Ross out on loan which has give him a lot more confidence. It got him games and gave him sharpness. "I brought him back for the Portsmouth game and he did very well when he had to come on.

"Certainly, I'll be looking to get one in. "There's a chance it will be before the weekend but you never know. We made one or two calls on Monday and Tuesday and we're waiting on calls back. "It's going to be for competition. I have to make a decision on who starts on Saturday. That's why I want this done as quickly as we can.

"Hopefully we can get someone in by Thursday if we can and make a decision from there."

Read more at: http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-marko-marosi-ruled-out-for-three-months-1-8326768

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 10, 2017, 10:32:03 pm by PDX_Rover »
It's a shame Sam Johnstone's gone on loan to Villa.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 10, 2017, 11:20:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
It's a shame Sam Johnstone's gone on loan to Villa.

The third string keeper at Man United would not have been allowed to drop to League 2. To get games he would have had to go to the Championship.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 11, 2017, 12:51:09 am by RoversAlias »
We need a keeper in by the weekend, it's as simple as that. Jones isn't fit, we can't have Etheridge and no one else. An experienced head on the training field would do Etheridge the world of good as well.

ballysbackin

« Reply #68 on January 11, 2017, 10:03:25 am by ballysbackin »
Shay Given is still registered at Villa I believe

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 11, 2017, 10:30:35 am by GazLaz »
Shay Given is still registered at Villa I believe

He plays for Stoke.

ballysbackin

« Reply #70 on January 11, 2017, 10:31:28 am by ballysbackin »
Ah I did not know that, but it does give an option to get him, if we were inclined

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 11, 2017, 10:32:43 am by GazLaz »
Ah I did not know that, but it does give an option to get him, if we were inclined

The £20k a week wages might be a little bit steep for us.

ballysbackin

« Reply #72 on January 11, 2017, 10:34:29 am by ballysbackin »
nah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chicken feed (gulp)  :that: :that: :that: :that: :that: :that:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 11, 2017, 11:39:51 am by Nudga »

The £20k a week wages might be a little bit steep for us.

Ahh, if only Sequentia Capital were the owners. Wouldn't have been a problem 😂

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 11, 2017, 12:13:57 pm by roversdude »
That's SM physically shaking now you mentioned them

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 11, 2017, 12:31:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
DF can't afford to muck about. It's his task to get us promoted and as we move towards the business end of the season we need the best possible chance to make sure we don't slip up.

If this was a case of managing for a couple of weeks then you could understand his reliance on Etheridge. We're talking 3 months here. By the time Marosi's back the promotion spots could easily have been determined.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012