Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:00:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time to calm down  (Read 2000 times)

BigH

• VSC Member
Time to calm down
« on January 07, 2017, 10:05:46 pm by BigH »
Thursday was terrific but let's not get carried away:

1. January's a big month for us. Eight points this month and I'll start believing
2. In this division you're only ever a couple of injuries/suspensions away from a bad result and a slump in form
3. Remember this time last year; we'd just beaten Southend and thought the next stop was the play-offs
4. We're a keeper down at the minute
5. Still a bit vulnerable down the left hand side

There's a long way to go. We haven't won anything yet. But the future looks good. Time to get behind the team and be the twelfth man.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Time to calm down
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2017, 10:11:24 pm by the vicar »
Here here

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2017, 11:06:32 pm by Jonathan »
Agreed.

We're in a great position but there's a long way to go yet. Chances are we'll hit a difficult patch at some point where it doesn't go our way. But we have the quality to get through that and if everyone sticks together we'll have every opportunity to finish where we all want.

Right now we just need to keep picking up the points.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:27:21 pm by Jonathan »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2017, 11:25:12 pm by the vicar »
and enjoying the moment

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2017, 11:55:07 pm by jonnydog »
Your number 5 is not an issue. We have Taylor-Sinclair coming back from injury any time soon. Despite folks opinion on him last season, he will easily piss this league and open up options down that left flank.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2017, 12:10:38 am by DearneValleyRover »
I agree its too early to get carried away but I believe we've had our rough patch at the beginning of the season with all the injuries to the team. I'm looking forward to seeing even better play now that most of them are back and the addition of Grant and May

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2017, 12:28:25 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I think most of us are enjoying a touch of optimism. I wouldn't think any of us think we've achieved anything yet. Yes we've probably all gone a little bit over the top after the last game, after last season it's nice to see almost a whole page of positive thoughts.
It's not over far from it for these reasons. Our side has tended to be subject to complacency when we think we've cracked it. Even the manager has dropped into that trap before, although it was last season.
We are a club that get's regular injuries-that's a given for us we expect it. We have a block of clubs still just behind us. A couple of games dropping points and those nearest can swap places with us.

I'm hoping this won't happen but does anybody think Conor Grant coming straight into a winning side and starting straight away won't cause some bad feeling?. Surely players are not happy about that after doing so well.
We have a nice cushion but it can all turn around quickly if the players stop doing what got them there. Playing as a team, hard work and taking the scoring chances they get.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2017, 09:40:31 am by the vicar »
Your number 5 is not an issue. We have Taylor-Sinclair coming back from injury any time soon. Despite folks opinion on him last season, he will easily piss this league and open up options down that left flank.
hope not waist of time player, how can you call him a player, he should leave and get a job in another business

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2017, 09:42:29 am by 1879Rovers »

Not expected to be fighting for a place until the end of February along with McSheffrey. We have nine games before the end of Feb.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2017, 10:03:35 am by Bristol Red Rover »
.... We have nine games before the end of Feb.

27 points  :woohoo:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2017, 11:24:11 am by i_ateallthepies »
I certainly wouldn't rate ATS ahead of Mason even at LB.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2017, 11:38:23 am by IDM »
We had a tough patch in recent games.. not in terms of results but they were hard fought and we have not been at our best..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012