Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:23:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If Marquis carries on with the form he has shown this season...  (Read 3486 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Marquis carries on with the form he has shown this season,I would not be surprised if other larger clubs dont come sniffing around.
   After watching a recording of the full match,I was surprised how he was so influential on our play,something that I did not pick up on quite so much while watching the match live at the K.M.
  The lad was brilliant with his hold up and link up play, and looked the complete centre forward.
  On that display,and with it being on T.V. his stock and value will have gone up considerably.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:44:13 am by Forum Admin »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: If
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2017, 10:29:14 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Like several other players, up to League 1 value ;)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2017, 10:32:30 am by Copps is Magic »
Do love football analogies. Only in this profession do other clubs come 'sniffing' around players. Perhaps Crufts is another one.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2017, 12:11:06 pm by GazLaz »
Let's be honest, he's played in this division before and done well but not done so well at higher levels. I wouldn't buy him if I was a bigger club.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2017, 12:50:37 pm by Copps is Magic »
We are the first club for which he has started more than 20 games. At other clubs he was played in different (wrong) positions. When he's been played properly he's scored more than 1 goal every two games. I think there will be many higher up clubs interested.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2017, 01:00:42 pm by IDM »
I agree clubs must be interested but we don't need to sell..

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2017, 01:15:18 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I agree clubs must be interested but we don't need to sell..

I agree IDM, and nor should we.  JM I suspect will be sufficiently shrewd to see the folly of being tempted to move when, as others have said, he has finally found a club where he is given the chance to reach his potential.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2017, 05:32:14 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
to quote him "he had to get away from London" Williams getting injured put responsibility on him*. I remember listening to the radio Sheffield commentary of the match at Exeter Rovers were losing 1-0 and going nowhere  Micky walker said - "Marquis was feeling down in the dumps on the pitch " and Micky Walker  said "Mandeville came on and had a right go at him " and Mandeville single handedly turned that match around and Rovers season .  Marquis won't forget that and owes one to "Mandy" 

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2017, 12:30:22 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I think clubs higher up would expect him to put those goals away. They tend to look for forwards that score with the movement they make. Marquis' goals were pretty static movement wise.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2017, 07:26:55 am by IDM »
So he just teleported into the right positions to tuck them away did he??

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 09, 2017, 07:29:03 am by dickos1 »
I'm not sure he would've found himself unmarked 5 yards out if he'd just stayed static.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 09, 2017, 07:47:34 am by GazLaz »
It's all about levels. I say it every week, this division is dreadful. Coppingers resurgence has showed that. Copps hasn't improved has he!!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 09, 2017, 08:09:48 am by Alan Southstand »
JM is such a vital part of our team that I worry that we have no real alternative for resting or replacing him if he gets injured. Neither Williams or Mandeville do not possess the same qualities and I think we could struggle in the attacking third if we lost him for whatever reason. I can't think of any other position in our side where we haven't the cover. Possibly Mason and that's it. JM is vital to our continued progress.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 10, 2017, 01:55:57 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I'm not sure he would've found himself unmarked 5 yards out if he'd just stayed static.

No he wouldn't but i don't see him as being particularly good at losing defenders on a regular basis. He is good at this level whether he would score goals higher up depends if he has a lot of improvement in him. He's twenty four so he has time.
 I see him joining us almost as a new start to his career with him being a permanent member of the club.I think over the years the continuous loan spells for lots of different sides has held back his progress. Personally i still think there is more to come with improvement in all areas.

As he is now i could see him scoring in the league above but i think this year is vital for him. Get twenty odd goals and the confidence from that would mean him going into the league above having improved. And he would need to improve again as would all our players if we managed to get promoted.
Teams will be looking at him but i think they will wait to see how he finishes this season. Which will suit us better as if he did go the fee should be bigger. I wouldn't like to lose him though his personality to the team is important and there can't be many of us that don't like him as a player?.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 10, 2017, 08:26:50 am by RoversAlias »
Marquis has really good movement, he regularly moves our attacking play around the field both on and off the ball.

As for scoring 20+ goals to show he's improved? He's scored 12 this season and it's January, it's already his best return in a season! Double the amount of league goals he scored at Millwall across several years, in fact.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 10, 2017, 09:13:04 am by IDM »
Marquis has really good movement, he regularly moves our attacking play around the field both on and off the ball.

As for scoring 20+ goals to show he's improved? He's scored 12 this season and it's January, it's already his best return in a season! Double the amount of league goals he scored at Millwall across several years, in fact.

I agree, but he has 13 so far this season..

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 10, 2017, 09:24:50 am by mushRTID »
I'm sure there are plenty of players who hang around the lower leagues and then get their chance higher up. He's only 24, just because he's played lower so far doesn't mean he can't/won't be capable of stepping up.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Re: If Marquis carries on with the form he has shown this season...
« Reply #17 on January 10, 2017, 10:06:29 am by Mike_F »
I was surprised when I saw the other day that he's only 24. I thought he was a bit older so he's got loads the majority of his career ahead of him and he's just found the form of his life. If he carries on developing at this rate he'll certainly have a great career at a higher level but he needs to keep it up for the rest of the season and hopefully into League One with us too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012