Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:46:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 2 more sackings  (Read 3053 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
2 more sackings
« on January 08, 2017, 12:10:07 pm by watto-drfc »
At chesterfield and Crewe

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: 2 more sackings
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2017, 02:41:09 pm by RoversAlias »
Crewe seem to have been wanting Davis gone for ages. My question is why do they persist in their policy of only appointing ex-players? It clearly isn't working very well, and for all the promise their academy has always shown it isn't much good if your senior side is in the National League.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2017, 02:46:18 pm by silent majority »
Unfortunately for Crewe supporters their club is potentially on the slippery slope into oblivion. Having Dario Gradi sidelined whilst investigations take place and that club being the focus of child molestation allegations it can only spell troubles ahead. One or two significant legal claims and they will be gone.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2017, 05:51:23 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Crewe seem to have been wanting Davis gone for ages. My question is why do they persist in their policy of only appointing ex-players? It clearly isn't working very well, and for all the promise their academy has always shown it isn't much good if your senior side is in the National League.
I remember going on the crewe website when they were due to play rovers last back end and they were saying the managerer wasn't even attending matches (they were doomed at the time) .................what SM knows but hasn't posted on here is the fact that Crewe have come off worst of all with the stopping of these MINI loans (or Elastoplast signings as I call them)now Crewe will become the new Siberia ..... everyone knows where it is but "nobody wants to send their youngster there " allegedly.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2017, 09:30:37 pm by BobG »
Why on Earth not Coleman? What makes Crewe a worse place to send a player on loan than Stevenage say or Newport or Leeds united?

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2017, 12:49:26 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I thought a few years ago they were a team that many could do worse than follow in how they do things. The youth system is still trundling along providing first team players-the problem is where have all the transfer fees they've received over the years gone?.
They have had some very big fees paid into that club, apart from the youth system and they are still in the football league what do they have to show for it?.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 09, 2017, 09:21:36 pm by BobG »
Several years in the Championship for a start Sammy. That's a hell of an achievement for Crewe Alexandra. Some good cup runs second. That also is a hell of an achievement for Crewe Alexandra. Some excitement. Some good feeling. Some trend setting for the rest of the lower leagues. Some bloody good players developed, including an England regular.

Crewe have achieved a damn sight more than the Rovers have in that time frame Sammy. What's your beef with Crewe?

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2017, 09:28:54 pm by RobTheRover »
Running a club at Champ/L1/L2 level on 4k gates is a money pit.  They havent really sold anyone for big money for ages.  I think the last one might have been David Platt (to Coronation Street - undisclosed)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2017, 10:47:58 pm by BobG »
How much did they get for Luke Varney?

Bob

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2017, 10:54:04 pm by RobTheRover »
How much did they get for Luke Varney?

Bob

£2m to Charlton, according to Soccerbase

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 09, 2017, 10:55:44 pm by RobTheRover »
Luke Murphy to Leeds in 2013 for £1m was the last one they sold.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 09, 2017, 11:01:09 pm by esdailles left foot »
Danny Wilson's tour of failure continues...... beware Rotherham!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 10, 2017, 02:27:14 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Several years in the Championship for a start Sammy. That's a hell of an achievement for Crewe Alexandra. Some good cup runs second. That also is a hell of an achievement for Crewe Alexandra. Some excitement. Some good feeling. Some trend setting for the rest of the lower leagues. Some bloody good players developed, including an England regular.

Crewe have achieved a damn sight more than the Rovers have in that time frame Sammy. What's your beef with Crewe?

BobG

I haven't really got one. They are a club i have admired for years but they don't seem to spend any money on strengthening the side for the present. Everything seems to be future based. You can't run a football team like that. You have to plan for now and the future not just the future.
Everytime they sold a player i didn't see them go out and buy a player who cost say a quarter of what they received to replace the outgoing player. They didn't get stronger each time a player went they got weaker. They don't seem to put much value in having a good manager they have to be somebody from inside the club or a former player. I understand that they want people in charge to carry on similar to how Gradi ran things. But that is a very restricted pool to choose from. Do they pick 'yes men' who allow others to pick the team?.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 10, 2017, 08:23:48 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
They don't seem to put much value in having a good manager they have to be somebody from inside the club or a former player. I understand that they want people in charge to carry on similar to how Gradi ran things. But that is a very restricted pool to choose from. Do they pick 'yes men' who allow others to pick the team?.

Its not a unique idea.  Liverpool's "boot room" system of management appointments worked well enough for them through the 70s and 80s.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 10, 2017, 10:14:25 am by Mike_F »
Everytime they sold a player i didn't see them go out and buy a player who cost say a quarter of what they received to replace the outgoing player. They didn't get stronger each time a player went they got weaker.

If they could get stronger by buying a player for a quarter of what someone paid them for an outgoing player it would be some feat!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012