Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:05:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: OT - Liverpool vs Plymouth  (Read 3381 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
OT - Liverpool vs Plymouth
« on January 08, 2017, 02:21:42 pm by philsky »

Im watching the match on BT Sports and its fair to say that its hardly a thriller !

Bloody commentators ripping into Plymouth for having no ambition but in the same breath reflect that the Liverpool bench alone is worth over £100m.

From what i see it's 0-0 at HT.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: OT - Liverpool vs Plymouth
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2017, 03:04:31 pm by The Red Baron »
Looks like a nasty injury to one of the Plymouth defenders. Gary Miller.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2017, 03:08:56 pm by RedJ »
It's like watching us against Stevenage only they're even more negative.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2017, 03:16:44 pm by normal rules »
Complete lack of respect by Liverpool for the fa cup and Plymouth. I hope they get beat even though my accy would be down

1-6 at the bookies to win. I suspect if they would have declared the kids team they fielded it would have been much fairer odds too.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2017, 03:19:19 pm by Metalmicky »
Looks like a draw and another game for Plymouth to fit in....

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2017, 03:27:30 pm by bobjimwilly »
Best result for us...

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2017, 03:28:00 pm by Draytonian III »
0-0 , which is good for us ,they have another game to fit and the players might loose a bit of focus

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2017, 03:30:09 pm by normal rules »
Plymouth will be very happy, and it's a welcome distraction from their league campaign for us.

Disgusted in Liverpool though.  I hope they get what they deserve at Holme park.
50,000 at Anfield to wAtch them field a reserve side. I would not be too happy if I were a regular there.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2017, 03:44:24 pm by glosterred »
Serves Liverpool right for fielding a much weakened team, they should now be fined for doing so.  But giving Plymouth an extra game won't hurt us any.

COYR

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2017, 03:45:39 pm by RedJ »
Well in fairness they do have an EFL Cup semi final midweek...

Deeping Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2017, 04:08:17 pm by Deeping Red »
2nd in the prem, semi final next week and a team of youngsters that would walk into most L2, L1  or championship sides. Took a gamble and it didn't work out - but it could help us!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2017, 04:28:15 pm by The Red Baron »
2nd in the prem, semi final next week and a team of youngsters that would walk into most L2, L1  or championship sides. Took a gamble and it didn't work out - but it could help us!

Would they? Didn't see too much evidence of that.

Stewart had a good game but some of the others were poor, to say the least.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 08, 2017, 04:35:52 pm by Metalmicky »
Tough when the bus is parked though...

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 08, 2017, 06:07:15 pm by 1879Rovers »
Complete lack of respect by Liverpool for the fa cup and Plymouth. I hope they get beat even though my accy would be down

1-6 at the bookies to win. I suspect if they would have declared the kids team they fielded it would have been much fairer odds too.

I don't think it was really hard to work out that Liverpool would change nearly the whole team for the game. Every club does it, even those outside the Premier League. I wouldnt do an accumalator in the League or FA Cup for that very reason.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 08, 2017, 07:14:03 pm by no eyed deer »
How can prem teams make 11 changes, yet teams get fined in the checka trade

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 08, 2017, 07:37:46 pm by RedJ »
Because the rules of the competitions are different, presumably...

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 08, 2017, 07:44:31 pm by no eyed deer »
Because the rules of the competitions are different, presumably...
Different to suit who ?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 08, 2017, 08:47:27 pm by IDM »
It doesn't matter..

Different rules for different tournaments..  I can't imagine why a premier league side wouldn't field reserves vs a 4th division side..  It is a good opportunity for their youngsters.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 08, 2017, 08:50:27 pm by Donnywolf »

I don't think it was really hard to work out that Liverpool would change nearly the whole team for the game. Every club does it, even those outside the Premier League. I wouldnt do an accumalator in the League or FA Cup for that very reason.

I picked an Accy as I thought the Clubs who will not win the League (Man U Spurs Everton Leicester Stoke etc) would be UP for the Cup. Luckily I did not put it on as only 3 of the 7 won

...... disastrous Super6 too. Our Leaders this week had only 3 results right - and Bournemouth too fielded 11 "reserves" I was told

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 09, 2017, 12:45:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Woodburn is like seeing Michael Owen just starting all those years ago. I hope Plymouth turn them over but they can't play as defensive at home which will probably lead to Liverpool nicking a lucky win.
Klopp played similar teams in last years cup run. It's not right but they have to get first team experience somewhere. As long as the rules are the same for everybody, no problem.
They will play a few more experienced players in the replay but it won't change much from what he played today. He might stick say Lallana and Sturridge in and the rest will be the same.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 09, 2017, 09:13:47 am by wing commander »
   Plymouth have had a lot of praise but I'm one of the few who was really disappointed in both them and Liverpool...I thought it showed massive disrespect from Liverpool to make that many changes and devalued the game and the competition..And for Plymouth to set up and play like they did against a team of kids some of whom had never played in a game like that in there lives showed once again that its no longer about the romance of the cup but cold hard cash...They will most likely never get the chance to go away to a team like that and actually have a chance but to set up and play in the style like they did they were never going to create a chance never mind score..If that was Rovers at Anfield I would hope that while you cant set up to go toe to toe with them..We would at least take some risk in trying to score a goal....

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 09, 2017, 10:33:22 am by The Red Baron »
   Plymouth have had a lot of praise but I'm one of the few who was really disappointed in both them and Liverpool...I thought it showed massive disrespect from Liverpool to make that many changes and devalued the game and the competition..And for Plymouth to set up and play like they did against a team of kids some of whom had never played in a game like that in there lives showed once again that its no longer about the romance of the cup but cold hard cash...They will most likely never get the chance to go away to a team like that and actually have a chance but to set up and play in the style like they did they were never going to create a chance never mind score..If that was Rovers at Anfield I would hope that while you cant set up to go toe to toe with them..We would at least take some risk in trying to score a goal....

I agree. Both Liverpool and Bournemouth proved that you can't make 10 or more changes and expect a decent performance. I'd expect a PL side to make a few for a Cup tie against lower league opposition, but once you make that many you tend to get a disjointed effort.

I also don't get the idea of putting lots of first teamers on the bench. They seldom change the game when they come on. Better to start them and bring them off once the game is won.

As for Plymouth, I think I'd have looked at that team sheet and thought we can win this. Instead the thoughts of a TV replay seemed to be most prominent in their minds.

It did the FA Cup no favours at all. Nor did the dreadful TV selections. Liverpool v Plymouth, Man United v Reading and Spurs v Villa had no business being on live TV. But of course BBC and BT just want to show the big clubs.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 10, 2017, 02:07:02 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The win should always come first rather than the replay and money. I agree on the disgrace of televising top teams rather than the teams that most want to see-the non league sides.
The BBC a fair few years ago had the balance right. It used to be at one point a saturday tea time fixture featuring say man utd. The following day there used to be a twelve o'clock kick off featuring a non league side and one at teatime the same.
Since BT came into the situation the BBC seems to have abandoned non league games altogether. That where they have them at the side of a game while the scores go down the screen isn't the same as a game that's commentated on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012