Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:41:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordan Wheatley  (Read 1995 times)

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
Jordan Wheatley
« on January 09, 2017, 02:33:09 pm by Shawndrfc »
Was discussing DF ability of picking up young gems in the past and remembered this time last year we had a few bids for Jordan Wheatley rejected back when he was at Ilkeston, I know in the summer he reportedly turned us down again and then did the same to Mansfield to sign for Nuneaton because he wanted to play regularly.

Having a look and he has start a whole 2 games for them and one was in the cup for them this season.

I wonder what has gone wrong for the lad and if there is anyone in the know, do you think he would be worth another look as a scouting point a view, could be worth a lot less than a year ago.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: Jordan Wheatley
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2017, 04:08:14 pm by Alickismyhero »
Did some research and like you I turned up nothing due to no match reports. My guess is that Jordan sustained and injury  and has been out of action this season! Certainly many clubs thought he was a good prospect. He is still very young and worth keeping an eye on in the future.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2017, 04:25:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I went on Nuneaton forum and doesn't look like he's been injured. He's about 5th choice and their fans are confused about it.

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 09, 2017, 05:02:56 pm by Shawndrfc »
It is a strange one with him turning down League teams down to play regularly and not to stump hit progress. He played both left back and centre back if memory doesn't fail me. It could be a number of things keeping him out, only the Nuneaton manager and his staff know that.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 10, 2017, 01:41:51 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Has a new manager come in and just doesn't rate him?. Or is it the same manager and he has signed him and doesn't think he's as good as he thought?. Or is it a case of the manager 'looking after him' and seeing him as one for the future?.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012