Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:43:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cedric Not Playing Ball  (Read 5577 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Cedric Not Playing Ball
« on January 11, 2017, 07:28:44 am by Alan Southstand »
According to Thorne Gazette, Evina has turned down a loan move! Maybe he's hoping for a permanent deal, but he'll not see much football where he is, presently, as I think all bridges have been burned.

That could affect us getting in his replacement?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Cedric Not Playing Ball
« Reply #1 on January 11, 2017, 08:01:52 am by GazLaz »
Evina is entitled to do as he pleases. The club offered him a new deal not so long ago and he's entitled to sit on it till something that suits him better comes up.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 11, 2017, 09:45:24 am by RoversAlias »
Fergie says the deal was worked out and Evina pulled out after speaking to the manager. He's perfectly entitled to do that.

Apparently it was a League Two club, maybe it really was Mansfield...I'd not need more than one conversation with Steve Evans to know I don't want to play for him.

ballysbackin

« Reply #3 on January 11, 2017, 09:59:53 am by ballysbackin »
He had a very good Tutor in Le Toe, similar in many ways. I did notice that in the Checkatrade. Le Toe was listed as a sub against us, unless there are two of them, then they would be Les Toes'  Dump him get rid and YES I know there is a contract to sort, he will go and IMO is playing Donny. As I have heard on here for many years. No player is bigger than the club. Get rid.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 11, 2017, 10:12:47 am by RoversAlias »
He had a very good Tutor in Le Toe, similar in many ways. I did notice that in the Checkatrade. Le Toe was listed as a sub against us, unless there are two of them, then they would be Les Toes'  Dump him get rid and YES I know there is a contract to sort, he will go and IMO is playing Donny. As I have heard on here for many years. No player is bigger than the club. Get rid.

Wasn't Dany, don't think he's found a club yet.

I know that we want Evina off the books because he's not good enough, but in football you shouldn't treat a person as discarded rubbish so we can't get annoyed at Evina for wanting to control his next career move. It's perfectly reasonable, especially as he has a contract with us. I'm sure someone will come in for him in the next week or two.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 11, 2017, 10:17:21 am by mushRTID »
Ferguson just needs to accept he made a mistake with this one. You can't have it all your own way, handing out 3 year contracts one year then getting rid a year later.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 11, 2017, 10:29:21 am by GazLaz »

Absolute rubbish. Evina is a good character and a good preffesional. His performances have not been up to scratch but he's not disruptive. He was handed a good three year contract last year and he believes that he's good enough to play his way back into the team. He is perfectly entitled not to move unless the club and situation is right. 

ballysbackin

« Reply #7 on January 11, 2017, 10:33:41 am by ballysbackin »
I do not think you GAZ will ever see him in a Donny first team shirt again, now that does not do him any good if he wants a move. I stand corrected re Blackpool.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 11, 2017, 10:39:48 am by GazLaz »
I do not think you GAZ will ever see him in a Donny first team shirt again, now that does not do him any good if he wants a move. I stand corrected re Blackpool.

He's obviously been told he's not in the managers plans. He shouldn't be forced to move to the first club that shows an interest though. He spoke the the potential new manager and didn't like what he heard.

ballysbackin

« Reply #9 on January 11, 2017, 10:55:39 am by ballysbackin »
Well shall just have to wait then won't we. Personally we signed a full back from Charlton that the season previously Coppinger tore to pieces. I like him playing further upfield and IMO he did better flying down the wing and getting deep crosses in.. I am not anti him but just like my mate Heffernan, when the manager closed the book it did not matter who said what.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 11, 2017, 11:40:39 am by esdailles left foot »
Sticking around like shit to a blanket. Get thee Sen off lad

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 11, 2017, 11:44:45 am by The Red Baron »
I think he might be hoping for a permanent move, and I'm sure he'll have his agent working on one. In the circumstances he is probably wise to keep his options open.

Not so good for us of course if we are looking to move him out and bring someone in.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 11, 2017, 06:46:18 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Well shall just have to wait then won't we. Personally we signed a full back from Charlton that the season previously Coppinger tore to pieces. I like him playing further upfield and IMO he did better flying down the wing and getting deep overhit crosses in.. I am not anti him but just like my mate Heffernan, when the manager closed the book it did not matter who said what.

You was far too charitable there Bally.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 11, 2017, 08:25:26 pm by drfchound »
Why should Cedric have to go to the first club that makes him an offer?
He is a decent enough player so other offers will come around.
As someone else said, he was offered a three year deal so if he chooses to sit around and wait then it will be up to him.
On the other hand if he had been performing really well and a club from say, the Championship, had come in for him would he suddenly become "one greedy bas**rd" like Wellens and Bennett were in the eyes of some of our supporters, even though they would not hesitate to change jobs for better wages.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:23:32 pm by drfchound »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 11, 2017, 08:44:35 pm by idler »
Didn't someone (SM) perhaps say that Bennett was on little or no more than he was on here?
The upsetting thing about him going was saying that he wanted to be like Copps and then disappear after avoiding penning the contract that was ready.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 11, 2017, 08:48:06 pm by drfchound »
Irrespective of whether that is true or not, for some reason some of our supporters call players greedy bas**rds for moving on to other clubs.
Cedric wants to stay until the right offer FOR HIMSELF comes along and what is wrong with that?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 11, 2017, 09:07:40 pm by idler »
I would like players to be honest hound.
I have no problem with a player moving to better himself or improve his career. I just like to see my club get something out of it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 11, 2017, 09:11:41 pm by drfchound »
So do I mate.
Surely Cedric is being honest though.
He is available for selection and I would imagine he turns up for training so it isn't his fault if he can,t break into the team.
He has the right to wait for the right offer from elsewhere.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 11, 2017, 10:01:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
Eh? If it isn't Evina's fault, then who's is it? Did someone make him? If he was good enough, then he'd still be first choice, surely?

The lad has a right to see his contract out if he wishes, but if he still enjoys his football, then he ought to think hard about his next choice.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 11, 2017, 10:18:02 pm by drfchound »
Very obviously not every player at the club is in the team every week.
It doesn't make them all bad players does it?
As for thinking hard about his next choice, I would suggest that is exactly what he is doing.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 11, 2017, 10:52:15 pm by RoversAlias »
Eh? If it isn't Evina's fault, then who's is it? Did someone make him? If he was good enough, then he'd still be first choice, surely?

The lad has a right to see his contract out if he wishes, but if he still enjoys his football, then he ought to think hard about his next choice.

Well exactly, he should think hard about it not accept the first thing that comes along just because we want rid of him.

I don't get this attitude (and it's one I see a lot of fans have), as I said before Evina isn't discarded rubbish, he's a good professional who has done nothing wrong other than maybe not be as good at football as we want him to be, so he has every right to seek the best career move for himself.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 11, 2017, 11:31:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with him turning down this deal. There's plenty of time left in the window. I think he's the kind of player that would rather play than sit out a contract so there's nothing to suggest he's anything other than good character.

That said, it's still not enough to earn himself another chance as those chances have gone.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 11, 2017, 11:33:15 pm by PDX_Rover »
Put yourself in his boots. It can't be nice going to work knowing you really don't have a future there. But you want to get the best deal for yourself and your career, right? Can't blame him at all for turning down an offer if he feels it's not right.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 12, 2017, 07:35:59 am by Alan Southstand »
I totally understand that he needs to get the best deal for himself, but the manager may just be thinking of the player and his fitness levels, when offering the chance to go out on loan. Nothing wrong with that, either!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 12, 2017, 08:53:05 am by dickos1 »
If it was Mansfield, then how can You have a go at him for not wanting to go there, as Ferguson said there's a few clubs interested in him. Nobody in their right mind would sign for Evans if other clubs were also interested
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:22:25 am by dickos1 »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 12, 2017, 09:20:42 am by The Red Baron »
I totally understand that he needs to get the best deal for himself, but the manager may just be thinking of the player and his fitness levels, when offering the chance to go out on loan. Nothing wrong with that, either!

I don't think there's any great secret that his career here is as good as over. I don't blame him though for waiting for a better more, especially as there is a good bit of the window to go.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 13, 2017, 03:30:51 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He has the right to wait for the right deal for him. The club signed him to a contract then they have decided they don't want him. As far as i am aware he has never let the club down with a lack of professionalism.
Personally i would retain him until the summer and play him wide left in some games. The manager for all his strengths has a tendency to rate a player highly then totally change his mind very quickly. Some would say it's a strength to be so decisive i would say why did he make the choice in the first place to extend his deal?.
We have seen it a few times since he has been here. Stuckmann an experienced popular player wasn't treated great. If you keep being so reactive with player deals then you cost the club a lot of money.
I want Ferguson to make the decisions that are needed and i expect mistakes along the way. It's just sometimes maybe wait a while if you are not fully convinced of a players ability.

Evina to me has been a scapegoat from the moment he came through the door. He has been in and out of the side mostly-at Charlton he played every week. For a long time we played him in a flat back four when he had been playing for a few seasons as a wing back and a very good one at championship level.
He did okay wide left for us probably lacking a bit of quality in the final ball. Left back he didn't do well-wing back for us he was hit and miss.
A lot of why he hasn't done well for us is down to confidence in my opinion. He's a fit player rarely injured-quick and adaptable to a few positions. I would keep him but the managers confidence in him doesn't seem to be there.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 13, 2017, 06:32:56 am by coventryrover »
People seem to forget it's his livelihood.   Why should he go somewhere for 6 months when he has a 3 year contract that gives him short term security. Would you guys leave?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 13, 2017, 07:32:43 am by Alan Southstand »
Depends how much he likes playing. If he gets a permanent deal offered it's only going to be a 1 year deal, 2 if he is very lucky, but a chance to show that he's worth keeping for longer. Now, if he goes somewhere and he's not fit, he isn't going to prove anything. Staying here is only going to get him a wage for a similar time somewhere else and then what? Staying put is not the right option for him.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 13, 2017, 09:18:19 am by wing commander »
   On the other side of the fence Alan..We don't know what he was offered to sign the new deal when he did,more than he would probably get elsewhere I imagine....He has turned down 1 club at the beginning of the window..For all we know his agent could be talking to others and he didn't fancy the first one....
    Evina has time on his side,he will always get a club at this level...We gave him the deal asking him to commit to Doncaster Rovers until next year..He agreed to do so....That's earned him the right to decide his next move and I would be doing exactly the same as he is right now..Making sure my next move is right for me with the luxury of a contract giving me security

TinyPortal © 2005-2012