Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:17:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Good Article on Rovers  (Read 1361 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Good Article on Rovers
« on January 13, 2017, 01:48:03 pm by godlike1 »
You can't fault Alfie Mays old boss for the level of credit he has given Rovers and DF. I've always understood we had a good name in the game ever since SOD was here on how we did dealings with other clubs.

It good to see the DF is making his own stamp and keeping the clubs good rep going, hopefully enhancing it even further

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/isthmian-league-step-three/18090/budding-alfie-may-will-star-at-doncaster-rovers-says-his-ex-hythe-town-boss-clive-cook/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
Re: Good Article on Rovers
« Reply #1 on January 13, 2017, 02:17:51 pm by CrippyCooke »
You can't fault Alfie Mays old boss for the level of credit he has given Rovers and DF. I've always understood we had a good name in the game ever since SOD was here on how we did dealings with other clubs.

It good to see the DF is making his own stamp and keeping the clubs good rep going, hopefully enhancing it even further

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/isthmian-league-step-three/18090/budding-alfie-may-will-star-at-doncaster-rovers-says-his-ex-hythe-town-boss-clive-cook/

John Ryan and O'Driscoll were, I imagine, a perfect mix when negotiating with other clubs and selling the club to potential players. John Ryan was clearly incredibly passionate about the club whereas O'Driscoll was more reserved and perhaps a bit more of a steady hand - traits which I dare say reinforce other clubs' high opinion of DRFC during and after transfer negotiations.

The current board and Ferguson seem to be just as effective, albeit with the roles having switched somewhat. Ferguson, I can imagine, is very good at selling the club with his passion and, for want of a better word, ruthlessness. The current board, on the other hand, seem calm, astute and offer a great degree of stability whilst also acting with great integrity.

I must admit that I would not have opted for Ferguson if the decision had been mine. However, the board hired and stood by their choice and have continued to back him. The partnership between the two seems to be working superbly.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012