Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:12:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: York City  (Read 7685 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
Re: York City
« Reply #30 on January 18, 2017, 10:53:40 pm by les@donr »
Excellent news, hope it hasn't come too late to save York City from going under.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 18, 2017, 11:29:26 pm by Prez »
SM, with your knowledge of the York City situation, do you think a further relegation could see the end of the club?

To answer the question Les from my links with the local press in York, is that the club would have to go part-time should they get relegated.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 19, 2017, 01:05:17 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It would just make make clubs more likely to be run badly knowing they will have a life line.

You have a point there. It's part of football anyway that a club bigger than yourself tend to come after you're players when you are at your weakest. We have clubs smaller than us who we try to buy from. And there are teams we are smaller than who if they are interested in our players then they will probably get them.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 19, 2017, 03:21:23 am by les@donr »
SM, with your knowledge of the York City situation, do you think a further relegation could see the end of the club?

To answer the question Les from my links with the local press in York, is that the club would have to go part-time should they get relegated.

Stockport had to go part-time when relegated to Nat. North, problem with that is that your better players who are full time will leave the club and play elsewhere. Stockport are struggling to get out of Nat. North, similar would happen to York. Stockport have a good Lg1 ground and playing in Nat. North, their overheads will be more than most of the teams in their league, so are at a disadvantage.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 19, 2017, 11:29:28 am by Prez »
Agreed, and the amount of ex football league teams in Nat North 1 is staggering. With only the champions getting promoted, would be very difficult for York should they go down. Lot of blame lands at ex manager McNamara. Blown a top 5 conference budget on awful players. Gary Mills now left to pick up the pieces.

ballysbackin

« Reply #35 on January 19, 2017, 12:20:02 pm by ballysbackin »
There are four at Donny not doing anything, loans would benefit all

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 19, 2017, 12:43:06 pm by les@donr »

I agree, there are a few local Nat. North sides where we could send players to, Halifax, Harrrogate, Gainsborogh Trinity and Boston for starters.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 19, 2017, 01:20:10 pm by The Red Baron »

Apparently they are looking to send out both Fielding and Lund (and possibly Longbottom) on loans. Lund's will only be short term as it is to get match fit. I would have thought they would be looking at a National League premier side for Lund, so York, Guiseley or North Ferriby would fit the bill.

The younger lads will probably go to NL North or Evostik Premier sides.

Interestingly DF has said he's not sending Beestin out on loan, even though he's had little game time of late.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 19, 2017, 03:21:05 pm by RedRover45 »
Agreed, and the amount of ex football league teams in Nat North 1 is staggering. With only the champions getting promoted, would be very difficult for York should they go down. Lot of blame lands at ex manager McNamara. Blown a top 5 conference budget on awful players. Gary Mills now left to pick up the pieces.
The champions and one through play-offs for both  Conf North and Conf South as four are relegated from Conf National.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 29, 2017, 08:07:51 pm by les@donr »
It would be great if DF could send a couple of lads to York City, they are on a decent run, a couple of additions could make the difference to their survival chances in the National League.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 29, 2017, 11:23:05 pm by roversontheup »
It would be great if DF could send a couple of lads to York City, they are on a decent run, a couple of additions could make the difference to their survival chances in the National League.
I agree with the sentiment Les but I think York are in need of more experienced players than we could probably loan to them at the moment.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 29, 2017, 11:54:51 pm by les@donr »
A couple of young players who are buzzing with excitement from Rovers current form, could do wonders for the morale of the York City dressing room.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 30, 2017, 08:31:47 am by roversontheup »
You might be right. Everything I hear about Gary Mills and the players he has brought in to replace the underachievers that Jackie McNamara brought in suggests the morale is very good. I would love it if our youngsters could do it for them but I'm still not sure that's what they need.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 30, 2017, 02:36:03 pm by Mike_F »
I take that general point but Lund would be a top player at that level. If he were to go for the rest of the season (with a recall clause!) it could benefit all parties.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 30, 2017, 04:04:28 pm by roversontheup »
Yes Mike, I did wonder about Lund but thought he might be a bit rusty and would need a few games to get match fit. Think Fergie said Lund would only go out for a one month loan.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 30, 2017, 04:26:22 pm by les@donr »
I think it would benefit all parties if DF sent a couple of youngsters to York, give them much needed first team experience and hopefully help York move up the table. Sad to see 3 Yorkshire sides in the bottom 4 of the National Prem, wish them all well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012