Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:05:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barnet Highlights  (Read 4807 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Danny Powell

Re: Barnet Highlights
« Reply #1 on January 14, 2017, 07:11:15 pm by Danny Powell »
Looked like a cheeky handball from baudry for second goal. Good lad. Also have a look at the guy who has butler in a headlock for around 20 mins! Great stuff rtid

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 14, 2017, 07:51:25 pm by Alickismyhero »
Just look closely at Barnet's goal.

OK Mason was guilty of a poor back pass but look at the push in his back as he kicked the ball. The ref had a good position to see it but never gave the foul.

What you don't get in the highlights is where Butler fell over as he was back passing to the keeper. Their striker should really have scored but up popped Mason to get a foot in which made up for the goal he gave away.

It was a nervy start for our new keeper and Mason in particular but they made up for it as the game went on.

The ref had a good game and the result 3-1 was a fair reflection of the game.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 14, 2017, 08:11:13 pm by Jenny »
I thought the ref had a terrible game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 14, 2017, 09:55:44 pm by drfchound »
Someone was giving Mason stick for his "bad back pass" but clearly the two handed push in the back should have been given as a foul.
It threw him off balance resulting in the ball being played short.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 14, 2017, 09:59:11 pm by podrover73 »
one of the best refs we've  had

LoudmouthBFC

« Reply #6 on January 14, 2017, 09:59:48 pm by LoudmouthBFC »
Here is my vlog of Barnet v Doncaster Rovers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoqStkc0MYU

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 14, 2017, 10:06:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »
one of the best refs we've  had

well he totally missed the two handed push for their goal I must admit I didn't notice till it was pointed out but there again it aint my job but it is his  I'm sure someone with the knowhow can screenshot it off the highlights
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:12:35 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 14, 2017, 10:11:47 pm by Alickismyhero »
Jenny,
As ref's go at this level he was good. My marker of a good game is where a ref gets 8 out ten decisions right in a game. Its when a ref gets the big game changing decision(s) wrong he has a shocker. I admit that the push on Mason was a bad decision or lack of a decision but it ended up not influencing the result. So in my book the ref had a good game. I had the misfortune to Ref for 20years and I had some shockers so I can identify a bad ref when I see one.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 14, 2017, 10:20:24 pm by Alickismyhero »
I have just thought of a bad decision the ref made in the game. In the 2nd half a high ball was being challenge for by their CB with the beard. He moved very fast toward the ball with a high jump. Marquis challenged but with his feet on the ground and that was a bit naughty. Marquis backed in to the CB which caused him to fall from a great height. The ref gave us the free kick, for me that was a yellow card for Marquis.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 15, 2017, 12:21:21 am by RedJ »
I didn't think he was too bad. Got the majority of things right, missed a couple that I'd have given (to both sides), but thought he should've been a bit harsher on some of the nasty tackles. I was surprised the match finished with a full compliment of players.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 15, 2017, 12:29:07 am by hoolahoop »
I have just thought of a bad decision the ref made in the game. In the 2nd half a high ball was being challenge for by their CB with the beard. He moved very fast toward the ball with a high jump. Marquis challenged but with his feet on the ground and that was a bit naughty. Marquis backed in to the CB which caused him to fall from a great height. The ref gave us the free kick, for me that was a yellow card for Marquis.

Serves him right for having a norty beard ;)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 15, 2017, 07:30:38 am by The Red Baron »
I wasn't impressed with the referee at all. I thought he made decisions totally at random. And he booked Houghton for a tackle when he took the ball as clean as a whistle.

I thought Campbell-Ryce could very well have seen red for the tackle on Coppinger. Very bad challenge.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 15, 2017, 10:01:41 am by RedRover45 »
Funny how people view things differently. I thought he was probably one of the best refs we had this season. Nobody expects refs to get every decision right, but I thought he was consistent for both sides, tried to play the advantage and brought it back when there wasn't one and most of the bad tackles were booked. Might be wrong but weren't five of their players booked ?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 15, 2017, 10:13:46 am by The Red Baron »
Five of theirs, two of hours. I've put up a poll in the RTR section. Personally I wasn't greatly impressed.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 15, 2017, 10:32:28 am by donnievic »
Just look closely at Barnet's goal.

OK Mason was guilty of a poor back pass but look at the push in his back as he kicked the ball. The ref had a good position to see it but never gave the foul.

What you don't get in the highlights is where Butler fell over as he was back passing to the keeper. Their striker should really have scored but up popped Mason to get a foot in which made up for the goal he gave away.

It was a nervy start for our new keeper and Mason in particular but they made up for it as the game went on.

The ref had a good game and the result 3-1 was a fair reflection of the game.
if other incident was the one were the keeper should of come out as dealt with it easily I thought it was Blair who came in and slid it away

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 15, 2017, 10:50:19 am by Spud »
Great goal keeping for Copps's first, I reckon I might have managed to score that  :lol:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 15, 2017, 12:57:15 pm by RoversAlias »
Just seen the highlights on Rovers' Twitter...their goal is definitely a foul, Mason is pushed in the back right as he goes to kick it, causing the scuff so certainly not his fault. In the interest of fairness, the defending on both of our first two goals is hilarious by Barnet, the low pass by Blair to Copps totally fools the goalie, and they are all over the shop for the second. Copps' strike for the third is terrific though.

Also, didn't hear at the time of how Santos missed that last chance, should've done better. Didn't he net the winner for Peterborough against us when Stuckmann went walkabout in the final minute in the spring of last year?

Also also, I love how much Marquis loves the wind-up. Notice his reaction to both his own goal and Copps' second towards the Barnet fans behind the goal. If he was playing for a rival I expect I'd loathe him, but he is just brilliant to have on our side.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 12:59:29 pm by RoversAlias »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 15, 2017, 01:55:06 pm by donnievic »
The reaction to the 2nd is because they thought it was hand ball

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 15, 2017, 02:32:22 pm by RedJ »
We haven't had a proper shithouse in the side for a while now.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 15, 2017, 04:30:36 pm by albie »
Some poor defending on show.

Mason is clearly pushed in the back, their keeper goes awol for our first, then from their free kick towards the end Butler makes a right rick of clearing a simple ball.
Barnet v Doncaster - YouTube

Room for improvement, as DF said.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 15, 2017, 04:39:24 pm by Bessie Red »
Good save from Lawlor right at the end. Spread himself well!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012