Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:40:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barnet - just walked in home  (Read 4445 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Barnet - just walked in home
« on January 14, 2017, 07:20:20 pm by philsky »

Completely bossed the match - bullied Barnet throughout.

100% professional job.

BTW - is Coppinger actually 35 years of age ? - he should be drug tested after that display. Sublime.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: Barnet - just walked in home
« Reply #1 on January 14, 2017, 07:34:56 pm by Alickismyhero »
That was a vintage display by Copps, just how does he keep doing it?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 14, 2017, 07:42:25 pm by ravenrover »
According to Jeff Stelling Copps is 105 and he hopes he scoring for another 105  :thumbsup:

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 14, 2017, 07:46:58 pm by nice one rovers »
Glad someone asked this , I was watching him and  wondering if he'd still be playing for us at 40!

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 14, 2017, 09:45:39 pm by ZiggerZagger »
I'm just glad his career wasn't ended today with that tackle. Absolutely disgusting........ plus the ref never sent him off.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 14, 2017, 09:47:33 pm by drfchound »
Glad someone asked this , I was watching him and  wondering if he'd still be playing for us at 40!

According to some Copps won't even make the team next season.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 14, 2017, 09:51:03 pm by RedJ »
According to some, Copps wouldn't play again after he reached his 500th appearance...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 14, 2017, 10:00:14 pm by drfchound »
Yeah, you have reminded me that probably the funniest comment on here was that DF was only selecting him until he broke the club appearance record so he didn't alienate supporters, then that would be it for Copps.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 15, 2017, 03:54:52 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Coppinger has obviously looked after himself all his career. He carries no extra weight so that helps. The challenge is if we got promoted can he dominate a game in league one?.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 15, 2017, 10:33:56 am by nice one rovers »
Coppinger has obviously looked after himself all his career. He carries no extra weight so that helps. The challenge is if we got promoted can he dominate a game in league one?.
On that display yesterday, yes absolutely.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 15, 2017, 09:17:14 pm by drfchound »
Yesterday's display was the most recent in a long line of top performances this season.
He isn't just a one or two game wonder.
Of course he can dictate games next season in L1.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 16, 2017, 01:12:49 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Every time i have doubted him he has made me look a fool i really should learn. I do dread the time when he can't play any more some of the things he does with the ball are worth the admission on their own.
I don't think we will see his like again. Somebody who stays with the club as long as he has. The list of managers we've had and everyone rated him and put him in the team.
When that sad day does come i would like to think he has a job for life with us. You don't want to lose somebody like him to another club. Whether it's coaching and inspiring young players or even managing the first team one day-you don't let guys like him go.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 16, 2017, 10:05:02 am by Mike_F »
He's said many a time that he loves football but hates the football business. That's probably why he's remained so focussed and professional in his playing career. It would also be a great model to impress on the next generation so whenever the time does come for him to hang up his boots I hope he would be interested in becoming part of the youth set-up.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 16, 2017, 10:24:40 am by The Red Baron »
I believe he does some coaching with the Academy Under-12s.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 16, 2017, 10:32:11 am by Mike_F »
That's good to read, RB.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2017, 02:53:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He's said many a time that he loves football but hates the football business. That's probably why he's remained so focussed and professional in his playing career. It would also be a great model to impress on the next generation so whenever the time does come for him to hang up his boots I hope he would be interested in becoming part of the youth set-up.

I can imagine it being a very false world if you get too involved with it. He's a Paul Scholes type he plays then goes home to the family-though i wish Scholes would go back to that, now he talks too much. Though a lot of what he says is true he can sound a touch bitter at times.
I suspect a lot of us wouldn't see the club the same if we were nearer to it. It would be a different thing working there and supporting. There will no doubt be the yes men and back biters or even brown nosers that you get in every company. There is a political side to every club.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2017, 03:18:13 pm by RedJ »

I can imagine it being a very false world if you get too involved with it. He's a Paul Scholes type he plays then goes home to the family-though i wish Scholes would go back to that, now he talks too much.

Kind of important to talk when you're a pundit...

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 17, 2017, 03:30:19 pm by rover-n-out »
I don't know if this is still the family plan for when he retires, but I remember reading a few years ago on here that he would be emigrating the family to Aussie, as his wife works in nursing and apparently the prospects are better down under for her, and the lifestyle would be better. As I say, that was a few years ago now, so I don't know if things have changed with the Coppingers.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 17, 2017, 03:36:06 pm by GazLaz »
He will have a few quid in the bank and his pension will already be rolling in. There's no value in staying at one club if you want to make money at the game though. Those signing on lumps are very attractive for lower league players.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 17, 2017, 04:12:31 pm by drfchound »
He has quite a few rental properties too.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 17, 2017, 05:27:23 pm by silent majority »
He will have a few quid in the bank and his pension will already be rolling in. There's no value in staying at one club if you want to make money at the game though. Those signing on lumps are very attractive for lower league players.

Players negotiate signing on lumps when they sign a new contract at the same club too.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:44:54 pm by silent majority »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 17, 2017, 05:33:57 pm by RedJ »
He also has some type of company to do with the psychological side of the game, though I don't know much about it.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 18, 2017, 03:59:36 am by Sammy Chung was King »

I can imagine it being a very false world if you get too involved with it. He's a Paul Scholes type he plays then goes home to the family-though i wish Scholes would go back to that, now he talks too much.

Kind of important to talk when you're a pundit...

Yes it is.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 18, 2017, 05:45:44 pm by Al4475 »
Redj - I think the company that he is involved with is Pro Mindset!

Gav said to me not long back (and a few others) that Copps is a dream and fergie backed it up - despite all his skill, experience and status at rovers he is always still trying to learn and improve!

At his 'veteran' stage that has to be a wonderful psychological model to the younger ones around him and is perhaps where his involvement with Pro Mindset stems from!

I think he'll still be around and dictating stuff for us in and around the first team for a coupla more seasons at least!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012