Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:08:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Poll time?  (Read 3064 times)

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
Poll time?
« on January 14, 2017, 08:08:46 pm by Mac the hooped man »
I cant do an official poll, but just a quick mid season review.  Where are we going to finish?...

I'll get the ball rolling with.....

CHAMPIONS!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Poll time?
« Reply #1 on January 14, 2017, 08:46:34 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Champions ☝️

adsrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 14, 2017, 09:20:28 pm by adsrover »

Champions .

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 14, 2017, 09:31:55 pm by philsky »

Champions

:scarf:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 14, 2017, 09:33:05 pm by jonnydog »
Mid table

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 14, 2017, 09:45:55 pm by drfchound »
Top o' the league.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 14, 2017, 09:48:08 pm by Campsall rover »
Champions no question and 100 points :woohoo:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 14, 2017, 09:49:57 pm by RedJ »
Remember when we got relegated after losing to Accrington in August? good times.

Automatically promoted, definitely - title winners, probably.

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 14, 2017, 09:52:16 pm by Mac the hooped man »
I was having a look back at August's results, we had a slow start and I remember thinking it's gonna be a long season... how wrong was I.   

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 14, 2017, 10:10:27 pm by RoversAlias »
In fairness there was plenty of reason to be concerned in those first two league games - we soon gelled though and have since become quite a force. This recent run has been truly terrific. I remember some worry on here when we had a string of not-so-great performances in October time, even though we were still winning - the Barnet comeback, labouring past Colchester - but since going out of the FA Cup we've really kicked on and made this division ours to lose.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 14, 2017, 10:22:02 pm by Pancho Regan »
We will not be relegated.......

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 14, 2017, 10:52:47 pm by les@donr »
Number 1!

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 14, 2017, 10:54:27 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Should be safe from relegation, hopefully.

Seriously it's starting to look pretty good.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 14, 2017, 11:33:30 pm by craigdrfc »
2nd

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 15, 2017, 12:38:23 am by hoolahoop »
Champions - time we had our hands on that trophy, I'm sick of relegation too but it is fun to see fine results and the team playing well.
This current bunch +/- 4 or 5 ( allowing for loanee changes ) could easily hold its own in Division 1 .

Now we need everyone to tip up at the Keepmoat in bigger numbers to improve the balance sheet for next season. Plenty to enjoy in the next 20 games this season still....

niteowler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 15, 2017, 12:42:06 am by niteowler »
Up down at the top looking down ! (hopefully)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 15, 2017, 02:47:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Champions.
That's providing we have a bit of good luck with injuries and that the manager and team don't let complacency set in.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 15, 2017, 06:38:20 am by Donnywolf »
Remember when we got relegated after losing to Accrington in August? good times.

I DO ...and I hope I dont remember this particular Thread in May for anything other than really accurate punditry !!!  :bscarf:

...and SCWK (just above) I am sure there will be no complacency in the Clubs Management and Players .... but only perhaps within the ranks of the supporters  :bbscarf:

One thing for sure the atmos on here is great compared to the doom and gloom of last Season !  :scarf:

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 15, 2017, 09:20:55 am by dknward2 »

I DO ...and I hope I dont remember this particular Thread in May for anything other than really accurate punditry !!!  :bscarf:

...and SCWK (just above) I am sure there will be no complacency in the Clubs Management and Players .... but only perhaps within the ranks of the supporters  :bbscarf:

One thing for sure the atmos on here is great compared to the doom and gloom of last Season !  :scarf:

If you listen to copps interview with radio Sheffield he basically says that everyone is pushing each other on unlike last season where only a few players were doing it.

These players want the title second is not good enough, I think if we do we will get some of the players on loan to sign permanent maybe not houghton due to his new Chelsea contract but maybe another season long loan

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 15, 2017, 11:27:38 am by nice one rovers »
2nd please.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:49:27 am by nice one rovers »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 15, 2017, 12:49:11 pm by IDM »
The aim has to be promotion, winning the title is the icing on the cake, great for kudos and for the thrill of winning trophies and the status as champions..

I will be delighted with the top 3, and if the players are aiming higher then there is a bit of room if we don't quite get there.

DF cannot let complacency creep in.  Every game needs to be approached as vital as any other regardless of the opponents and their relative league positions.. one game at at time and the next one is always most important!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 15, 2017, 12:58:43 pm by RoversAlias »
I'd like to hope he has learned from last season about complacency. I'm sure we all thought we were too good to go down until that winless run became a crisis, and he knows that the character in that side just wasn't up to scratch hence his excellent recruitment on that front since.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 15, 2017, 01:14:17 pm by NickDRFC »
The aim has to be promotion, winning the title is the icing on the cake, great for kudos and for the thrill of winning trophies and the status as champions..

I will be delighted with the top 3, and if the players are aiming higher then there is a bit of room if we don't quite get there.

DF cannot let complacency creep in.  Every game needs to be approached as vital as any other regardless of the opponents and their relative league positions.. one game at at time and the next one is always most important!

The aim has to be the title. This group are more than capable of doing that so they should be aiming high.

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 15, 2017, 01:31:19 pm by Mac the hooped man »

He won't,  after last two wins he has emphasised that the players need to improve.  So it's good but not good enough at the minute.   It's as if he's sub conciously preparing them for the harder task next season.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 15, 2017, 01:33:12 pm by MrFrost »

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 15, 2017, 01:53:52 pm by deebee »
After what I have witnessed the last 10 games it has to be top. As long as we can keep key players fit and on the pitch we have every chance of finishing top of the pile. Even after Barnet tried to kick us off the pitch the lads fought on and out classed a form team. If we are still top in 6 games time I cannot see us not getting promotion and we could be the first team in the whole 4 divisions to achieve it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 15, 2017, 09:14:07 pm by drfchound »
Being pedantic, only three divisions offer promotion.  :whistle:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 16, 2017, 01:05:37 am by Sammy Chung was King »

We were the main problem when we were relegated for complacency. When the supporters feel that way i have a theory that sometimes it can infiltrate the players. Let's keep a good atmosphere but don't take it for granted we've already got it won. I also think the mentality of the squad has improved.
We have a bunch of players that expect certain standards from each other. Last season we had some but not all the squad was like that. What we have now is a building strength in the squad. Before players could afford bad games now they know there are players on the bench, in the youth team and also returning from injury that could take their place.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 16, 2017, 10:45:58 am by bobjimwilly »
2nd

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 16, 2017, 12:56:52 pm by ZiggerZagger »
Walking to the ground on Saturday I would of taken a draw as they have been on a great run. One of the top form teams over the last few weeks, but, we just demolished them in the first half. Second half was more like a stroll, not going through the gears so to speak. I backed us to go up/win the league before the season started, mainly due to the players Fergie had brought in.  I have been confident of going up for a while but, on the way back to the tube we were chatting to a couple of Barnet fans who told us we were the championship elect. "We beat Plymouth the other week, they were a decent side but we matched them. Today we got out played from start to finish, from back to front. Only thing to stop you winning the league is yourselves".
Does make you feel better when other teams fans say how good your team is.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012