Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:31:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barnet - Retford Branch bus delay  (Read 2458 times)

DD

• Forum Member
Barnet - Retford Branch bus delay
« on January 15, 2017, 09:16:33 pm by DD »
Just an apology to all those on the Retford Branch coach returning from Barnet yesterday.
With just a few minutes of the game remaining my son Tom Biltcliffe (many whom will know him through his work in the Rovers media team) had the misfortune to (somehow) dislocate his knee!!! No - he hadn't had that much to drink!
As ever Mr Mayfield came to the rescue offering his assistance & a seat on his coach back to Doncaster. Getting Tom from the back row of the stand down into a wheelchair & checked over by the Barnet staff took quite some time - whilst the fans on the coach sat & waited patiently!

After all the delays Tom was then offered a lift in the car of one of the Rovers' directors Stuart Highfield, allowing the coach to set off.
Stuart's car was going to be a bit of a squash so when Liam Holden , who was travelling alone, offered then this was gratefully accepted.

So - many thanks to all those involved - Saint Paul Mayfield, the passengers on his bus, the Barnet FC medical staff, Stuart Highfield and Liam Holden (& the rest of our party Daz Neagle / Pork Pie Ray etc)

Furthermore this allowed me to continue with my drinking in London celebrating another fine victory whilst studying the table avidly!

PS After a checkup at DRI Tom returned home @1.30am no broken bones but torn ligaments suspected. A few days off work

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Barnet - Retford Branch bus delay
« Reply #1 on January 15, 2017, 09:24:49 pm by RedJ »
Run it off, lad. ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 15, 2017, 09:44:04 pm by BobG »
Ouch! I hope he gets better pdq. And comes back on the commentary as well!

BobG

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2017, 08:42:38 am by roversdude »
Great story and shows that in the main we are still a tight knit community club
Hope Tom is ok

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2017, 09:12:45 am by bobjimwilly »
Hope Tom is ok. Good to hear local journo Liam Hoden helping out too

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2017, 08:27:16 pm by BobG »
Daz Neagle - he's not the chap that used to do those awesomely good videos is he Stu?

Cheers

BobG

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2017, 09:18:21 pm by DD »
Can't be the same one -  "awesomely good" - never heard them described like that!
Could it be the same one that was questioned by the East Trains Guard on Saturday about his ticket eligibility? Oh yes!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2017, 10:16:52 pm by BobG »
ha ha ha ha!! Im sure it was Daz somebody who did several bloody great vids I think around the time we beat the Champions of Europe and won that Cup thing. I have a feeling he was based in Switzerland though!

Bob

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 17, 2017, 03:20:00 pm by RedJ »
There was a bloke who used to make videos called that, yes. Don't know if it was anything official.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 17, 2017, 10:53:01 pm by BobG »
It wasn't official. That's why I basically said 'videos made by that chap Daz Neagle'.

Bob

TinyPortal © 2005-2012