Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:41:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: More on attendances from the BBC  (Read 2184 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: More on attendances from the BBC
« Reply #1 on January 16, 2017, 09:18:24 am by MrFrost »
The Colchester increase is interesting

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 16, 2017, 10:14:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
What would be interesting to know is the conversion rate once kids get older towards adulthood. Are the future of football sticking with it once their cheap tickets expire?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2017, 12:23:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
What would be interesting to know is the conversion rate once kids get older towards adulthood. Are the future of football sticking with it once their cheap tickets expire?

Either that or we'll be seeing a rise in adults with tiger painted faces and a love of cheerleaders and giant sized smiley dogs. I think it's bound to have a positive effect, the question is how much?

Maybe a key is in the transformation from a positive kids experience to a positive mid/late teens experience, eg Black Bank.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2017, 12:39:30 pm by bobjimwilly »
I think kids will naturally grow out of painted faces and want to mix it with the bigger lads in the Black Bank

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2017, 12:41:54 pm by turnbull for england »
Im 44 and have a fondness for Cheerleaders.....

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2017, 12:50:29 pm by Mike_F »

I floated an idea a couple of months back as follows:

Give a 5% discount off an adult ticket for every year that someone has a junior ticket. When a kid reaches 16 if they've been indoctrinated from birth that would be an 80% discount on their first adult ticket. The discount could then be wound back at 5% a year so that a 32 year old would be paying full price which shouldn't be an issue by that stage.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2017, 12:55:11 pm by knockers »
As our attendances are not really rising this year do you think the club will put an offer on in March (usual time for new tickets) at say £250 across the board to fill some of these empty seats.
I'm quite happy to pay my West stand price again or a smidge more, just thinking of getting more folk in at about £11 a game on £250 

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 16, 2017, 12:56:33 pm by turnbull for england »
Either that or we'll be seeing a rise in adults with tiger painted faces and a love of cheerleaders and giant sized smiley dogs. I think it's bound to have a positive effect, the question is how much?

Maybe a key is in the transformation from a positive kids experience to a positive mid/late teens experience, eg Black Bank.

Ive been wondering that myself, I started off aged 16 in the main stand , migrated to my spiritual home on the crash barrier under the burger shed on the pop side, and have more recently been in family stand with my now 11 year  old.  Hes a couple of years off yet, Im sure he will want a more  vocal black bank type experience as he matures - so I can see that trying to steer and maintain engagement  unbill he gets that bit older  ( easy now  but hard work last year  only the the quid a kid really meant i took him some games as he wasnt bothered )  will be important in keeping him going long term

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 16, 2017, 03:18:45 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Ive been wondering that myself, I started off aged 16 in the main stand , migrated to my spiritual home on the crash barrier under the burger shed on the pop side, and have more recently been in family stand with my now 11 year  old.  Hes a couple of years off yet, Im sure he will want a more  vocal black bank type experience as he matures - so I can see that trying to steer and maintain engagement  unbill he gets that bit older  ( easy now  but hard work last year  only the the quid a kid really meant i took him some games as he wasnt bothered )  will be important in keeping him going long term

I'd definitely recommend taking young ones to away games for getting them hooked. The atmosphere and adventure is far more exciting, even for a 5 year old.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012