Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:31:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The new goalkeeper  (Read 2476 times)

selby

• VSC Member
The new goalkeeper
« on January 16, 2017, 10:03:27 am by selby »
When his name and club was put on the rumours site,I posted that I hoped he was better than Man Cs first team goalkeeper.
   After watching the game at the weekend,I can confirm that in my opinion he is,he actually caught a cross,and made a good save in a one on one situation near the end of the match,which is more than I have seen the Spanish pillock in their first team do all season.
  A great start for the lad after being sold short early on in the game,and one of the best all round team performances of the season in my humble opinion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: The new goalkeeper
« Reply #1 on January 16, 2017, 11:48:15 am by wing commander »
   While many believe Pep is the best coach in the world,he certainly doesn't look it in England....He would have to be pretty good to convince anybody that the decision to oust Hart for his sweeper keeper has worked....And frankly after watching yesterdays match I'm not sure how the average man on the street could have done much worse in organising that amount of talent into playing like that...He also s saying top 4 is a success...For anybody else that has managed City over the last 5 years that would be enough for the tin tac.....

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 16, 2017, 12:19:51 pm by nightporter »
I applaud every goal Man City concede after the disgraceful treatment of Joe Hart.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2017, 12:22:21 pm by boro_rover »
He is Chilean Selby. But that doesn't alter the fact that he is shit. It is easy to be made to look good in a side like City's but he can't even do that.

Agree with you as well WC, anyone else would have had the sack by now. They look terrible at the minute, and Pep is living on his reputation.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2017, 12:26:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
...he actually caught a cross....

A great start for the lad after being sold short early on in the game,and one of the best all round team performances of the season in my humble opinion.

From the vids I've seen of him, Lawlor's work on that "catching" thing will be key.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2017, 01:01:41 pm by selby »
Boro, Chilean thats even worse,I personally would not bring him over Askern lake, never mind a full ocean.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2017, 01:21:24 pm by NickDRFC »
When his name and club was put on the rumours site,I posted that I hoped he was better than Man Cs first team goalkeeper.
   After watching the game at the weekend,I can confirm that in my opinion he is,he actually caught a cross,and made a good save in a one on one situation near the end of the match,which is more than I have seen the Spanish pillock in their first team do all season.

Agreed, on the strength of a quiet 90 minutes on Saturday I also now believe that our veteran of 21 league appearances is better than guy who has won La Liga and the Copa America twice, and the Champions League.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2017, 01:38:34 pm by selby »
Just shows you what you can win with two good centre halves.Did one of them play in goal when the  last man? like we did on the street when kids.
   Thats it he is a centre half who cant play very well in goal, but is good with his feet according to Pep.
   Good at judging goalkeepers and a centre half is Pep,got both wrong this season, but is still considered a managerial genius.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 16, 2017, 04:54:58 pm by andyst79 »
Just shows you what you can win with two good centre halves.
Ask Gary Woods!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012