Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:27:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next Four Matches  (Read 12192 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
Next Four Matches
« on January 16, 2017, 06:44:26 pm by andysly »
We are on a great little run since the defeat at Plymouth with 16/18 points from some tricky looking fixtures.
We all know that sometimes it's the surprising game that can catch you out but looking forward a few weeks should we be greedy and expect 10/12 from these.
Home games against Crewe & Morecambe, and away at Yeovil & Newport.

A good return from this lot could see us well clear before the game at Carlisle.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:26:50 pm by andysly »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Next Four Matches
« Reply #1 on January 16, 2017, 07:21:17 pm by mushRTID »
Honestly think we will win them all.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 16, 2017, 07:27:32 pm by Draytonian III »
I would be happy with 10points out of the next 12

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2017, 07:29:58 pm by BobG »
I think we should expect 14 or 15 to be honest.

BobG

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2017, 07:32:21 pm by Branton Rover »
That's the issue when we expect things as Rovers fans we fall flat onto our faces

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2017, 07:32:36 pm by Rovers91 »
I think we will draw at Yeovil but win the other 3 before the Carlisle game.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2017, 07:54:21 pm by Campsall rover »
I think the biggest problem will be the Newport pitch as there is vey little grass on it judging fro seein it on TV
How you are supposed to play football on that I don't know.
Having said that I would still expect 4 wins as the team are oozing confidence now, and DF is not going to allow any complacency.
Onwards and upwards towards being champions yet again and possibly the magic 100 points :woohoo:

darren61

« Reply #7 on January 16, 2017, 08:01:00 pm by darren61 »
That's the issue when we expect things as Rovers fans we fall flat onto our faces
All fans of any team world wide want and expect their team to do well, So are you saying we shouldnt expect our team to do well, incase we invoke bad results? Its not a issue, if our team plays well, we will do well. COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!!!!!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 16, 2017, 08:37:13 pm by IDM »
We are on a great little run since the defeat at Plymouth with 13/15 points from some tricky looking fixtures.
We all know that sometimes it's the surprising game that can catch you out but looking forward a few weeks should we be greedy and expect 10/12 from these.

A good return from this lot could see us well clear before the game at Carlisle.

Sorry for being pedantic but isn't it 16 points from 18 after Plymouth?

All the next 4 games are winnable but nothing is guaranteed..  we need to avoid complacency and take one game at a time.. this is where the manager will prove himself further..

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 16, 2017, 08:54:37 pm by dknward2 »
Fergie is aiming for 2 points a game i will take that average till the end of the season
So 8 points from the next 4 games is minimum 10 is what most will expect and 12 would be amazing

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 16, 2017, 09:08:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What would we need for a record run?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 16, 2017, 10:41:46 pm by drfchound »
Well apparently we have just done six games unbeaten for the first time in four years.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 16, 2017, 11:27:38 pm by andysly »
We are on a great little run since the defeat at Plymouth with 13/15 points from some tricky looking fixtures.

Sorry for being pedantic but isn't it 16 points from 18 after Plymouth?

All the next 4 games are winnable but nothing is guaranteed..  we need to avoid complacency and take one game at a time.. this is where the manager will prove himself further..

Having scratched me head its the Stevengae win I forgot about.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 16, 2017, 11:31:44 pm by les@donr »
The game I would be most worried about is Yeovil, they seem to know how to beat us, we've had some battles with them over the year, hope for a win, happy to take a draw.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 17, 2017, 12:53:02 am by bobjimwilly »
The game I would be most worried about is Yeovil, they seem to know how to beat us, we've had some battles with them over the year, hope for a win, happy to take a draw.

We've actually only lost 1 and drew 1 in the last 6 against Yeovil. However between 2003 and 2012 we lost 7 out of 9 and only won once, even losing twice in the 07/08 promotion season  :chair:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2017, 02:47:12 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I think we can get ten points out of that lot. All it needs though is a bad game in one and the following game becomes about recovering confidence.
Crewe and Morecambe are capable of coming to us and taking points if we are not on form. The away games Yeovil can be a tough place to go and even Newport if the pitch is cut up and they make it a battle even a side like ours could struggle.

If we play as we have been doing recently then we are capable of taking every point. I'm sure none of us expect these sides to 'roll over' and let us win?!.
 We will be a scalp they want to take they won't care if it's ugly as long as they get something. Sometimes the worst sides to play are those who know their limitations and adjust the team to be hard to beat rather than being open and going for it!.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2017, 05:25:32 am by andysly »
I think 7/8  points would still see us top of the table, 10/12 and I'd imagine us being 5 or 6 points clear at the top.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 17, 2017, 08:07:01 am by Alan Southstand »
For all those interested and to make things easier to compare:

Saturday 21st January 2017

Accrington Stanley v Carlisle United

Cambridge United v Mansfield Town

Cheltenham Town v Plymouth Argyle

Crawley Town v Portsmouth

Doncaster Rovers v Crewe Alexandra

Exeter City v Colchester United

Wycombe Wanderers v Luton Town

Tuesday 24th January 2017

Exeter City v Wycombe Wanderers

Saturday 28th January 2017

Carlisle United v Barnet

Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers  P-P

Luton Town v Cambridge United

Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool

Portsmouth v Exeter City

Yeovil Town v Doncaster Rovers

Tuesday 31st January 2017

Luton Town v Cheltenham Town

Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle

Saturday 4th February 2017

Blackpool v Colchester United

Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle

Doncaster Rovers v Morecambe

Exeter City v Crewe Alexandra

Grimsby Town v Luton Town

Leyton Orient v Carlisle United

Wycombe Wanderers v Portsmouth

Friday 10th February 2017

Newport County v Doncaster Rovers

Saturday 11th February 2017

Carlisle United v Blackpool

Colchester United v Barnet

Luton Town v Crawley Town

Morecambe v Cambridge United

Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City

Portsmouth v Accrington Stanley

Stevenage v Wycombe Wanderers

Tuesday 14th February 2017

Carlisle United v Doncaster Rovers

Colchester United v Crawley Town

Crewe Alexandra v Wycombe Wanderers

Luton Town v Hartlepool United

Notts County v Exeter City

Plymouth Argyle v Leyton Orient

Portsmouth v Blackpool

Yeovil Town v Cambridge United

Saturday 18th February 2017

Accrington Stanley v Colchester United

Barnet v Portsmouth

Cambridge United v Newport County

Doncaster Rovers v Luton Town

Hartlepool United v Plymouth Argyle

Exeter City v Stevenage

Wycombe Wanderers v Carlisle United

Tuesday 21st February 2017

Accrington Stanley v Cambridge United

Saturday 25th February 2017

Barnet v Cambridge United

Carlisle United v Portsmouth

Colchester United v Hartlepool United

Doncaster Rovers v Accrington Stanley

Exeter City v Blackpool

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle

Wycombe Wanderers v Crawley Town

Tuesday 28th February 2017

Accrington Stanley v Wycombe Wanderers

Cambridge United v Doncaster Rovers

Cheltenham Town v Carlisle United

Crawley Town v Exeter City

Grimsby Town v Colchester United

Newport County v Luton Town

Plymouth Argyle v Notts County

Portsmouth v Morecambe

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 17, 2017, 10:57:27 pm by BobG »
Completely irrelevant but I think I read somewhere recently that Coventry City have not finished in the top half (or top 10?) of any league even once in the last 50 years. While it rings pretty true, does anyone know what the exact stat is?

Imagine having a record like that............

a glorious time under Jimmy Hill, an FA Cup 30 years ago and nowt else. Nothing. Zilch. Zero.

BobG

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 17, 2017, 11:05:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yeovil are improving, Morecambe are better away from home. Definitely happy with 8 points. Over the moon with 10 and wetting myself with 12.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 17, 2017, 11:14:47 pm by JonWallsend »
Plymouth v Blackpool on Jan 28th be off now, due to FA Cup commitments.  Against all experience, I am going for 12 pts from the next 4 games. However anything between 6 and 12 wouldn't surprise me.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 17, 2017, 11:25:03 pm by RedRover45 »
Completely irrelevant but I think I read somewhere recently that Coventry City have not finished in the top half (or top 10?) of any league even once in the last 50 years. While it rings pretty true, does anyone know what the exact stat is?

a glorious time under Jimmy Hill, an FA Cup 30 years ago and nowt else. Nothing. Zilch. Zero.

BobG

They've finished in the top 10 nine times in the last 50 years Bob, including finishing 8th just last season.
Looks like you've been drinking too much of that whiskey lol

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 17, 2017, 11:37:05 pm by BobG »
I wish RR! JUst some cheap wine tonight.

I did read that though somewhere recently. I thought it might be true cos they've not done much for decades. But clearly theyve done more than my errant reading!

Thanks for the info.

Bob

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 18, 2017, 03:28:11 am by les@donr »

We've actually only lost 1 and drew 1 in the last 6 against Yeovil. However between 2003 and 2012 we lost 7 out of 9 and only won once, even losing twice in the 07/08 promotion season  :chair:

Still think of them as our bogey team due to results up to fairly recent.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 18, 2017, 09:20:56 am by RoversAlias »

BobG

They've finished in the top 10 nine times in the last 50 years Bob, including finishing 8th just last season.
Looks like you've been drinking too much of that whiskey lol

No, no, Bob hasn't had too much but he has the stat slightly wrong.

Coventry City have not finished in the top SIX of any division since 1970. An astounding run stretching 47 years now! The only other team I can think of with such a lack of success yet is still sticking around is Oldham, who have played in League One for 20 seasons consecutively and have only even made the Play-Offs twice in that time. So 17 times in the last 19 seasons Oldham fans have ended the season sat in League One with nothing of interest to console them.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 18, 2017, 01:30:47 pm by DonnyNoel »
It's one of those things I've been told numerous times but have never researched so apologies if it's wrong but apparently Gainsborough Trinity have never ever been promoted or relegated? Their only moves between divisions have come about through elections and league restructures. They may have finished in the top 6 of whatever division I suppose but it must have made May quite a boring month on the whole for their fans.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 18, 2017, 01:45:16 pm by Akinfenwa »
Coventry achieved their highest ever points total last season with 69. They finished 8th.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 18, 2017, 02:57:14 pm by RoversAlias »
It's one of those things I've been told numerous times but have never researched so apologies if it's wrong but apparently Gainsborough Trinity have never ever been promoted or relegated? Their only moves between divisions have come about through elections and league restructures. They may have finished in the top 6 of whatever division I suppose but it must have made May quite a boring month on the whole for their fans.

Yes indeed, this appears to be true. They were in the Football League once upon a time having been elected in but eventually failed re-election, missing out to local rivals Lincoln City and dropping out of the league. They have played in the Midland League, then the Northern Premier League when it was founded in 1968 and have actually been in that division ever since through it's changes into what is now the Conference North.

Morecambe have also never been relegated in their history, enjoying two promotions (into the Conference then into League Two) and nothing else in their entire history. Don't know if there's any other clubs like this, but it's interesting to think, with all the promotions and relegations that Rovers have had in their time, and particularly in the last 15 years or so, that some fans could support their team for a century and not see so much as one of these.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 18, 2017, 06:00:15 pm by RedJ »
Not strictly true - the Northern Premier League was not what the National League North is now. Yes, in the sense that it was then the 6th tier, but the NPL still exists.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 18, 2017, 07:33:43 pm by RoversAlias »
*Been at that level ever since.

Is that better?  ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012