Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:53:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last match - Hartlepool  (Read 14562 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Last match - Hartlepool
« on January 17, 2017, 08:46:52 am by philsky »

A cheeky 251 miles from Pinner.

£130 return on the train.

Car it is !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Last match - Hartlepool
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2017, 08:51:54 am by the vicar »
If fans are not  season ticket holders then they wont get hold of a ticket, as they wont reach open sale

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 17, 2017, 09:32:37 am by DaveDRFC »
I'm sure you'd get it cheaper once the advance tickets go on sale 12(ish)weeks in advance. For some reason Virgin release cheap ticket 24 weeks in advance for weekdays but only 12 for weekends. I'm doing the London Marathon on 23rd April and already booked my train back to Donny on the Monday for £14 but won't be able to buy one for the Saturday for another couple of weeks yet.

JonnyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 17, 2017, 10:47:29 am by JonnyRover »
Check out Grand Central, they run direct from Kings Cross to Hartlepool. Usually have cheap advance tickets if you get in as soon as they are available.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 17, 2017, 10:59:52 am by IDM »
If fans are not  season ticket holders then they wont get hold of a ticket, as they wont reach open sale

That's a risk non-ST holders take.  Can't complain when the other club doesn't have the capacity to accommodate as many as we would potentially take...

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 17, 2017, 11:25:23 am by DannyRovers »
Do we think it will get to Members?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 17, 2017, 11:41:01 am by GazLaz »
No.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 17, 2017, 11:42:19 am by IDM »
I would doubt it..

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 17, 2017, 11:45:02 am by The Red Baron »
Depends what's riding on it. I'd love to have everything wrapped up before the final game. Brentford was a wonderful experience, but I don't really want to live through it again.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 17, 2017, 12:05:32 pm by Copps is Magic »
There will be no atmosphere if they sell to just season ticket holders. Too many sit-down tourists on their first away game of the season.

Not to cry about it (although I am), this shafts over people like me and my family. People who've been season ticket holders for many consecutive years in the past but who have moved to membership. We'll end up giving far more money to the club than an average season ticket across the season and we go to more aay games but for this one we won't get a ticket.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 17, 2017, 12:41:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
Don't give up that easily Copps. ;)

Where there's a will, and all that.

Surely, when it gets nearer to the time, their Club may well want to 'cash-in' on the possible/probable hoard that will be wanting to descend on Hartlepool. All is not yet lost.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 17, 2017, 12:55:44 pm by swintonrover »
Might be an idea to create a priority above daytripper STH? Produce a ST and an away ticket from another game this season maybe?

EDIT: thinking about it this brings to mind the daft points scheme that some bigger clubs use.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:00:08 pm by swintonrover »

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 17, 2017, 01:02:18 pm by philsky »
Don't give up that easily Copps. ;)

Where there's a will, and all that.

Surely, when it gets nearer to the time, their Club may well want to 'cash-in' on the possible/probable hoard that will be wanting to descend on Hartlepool. All is not yet lost.

I live in hope but not expectation.

I might ask Jeff Stelling to see if any of his family can buy me 2 x home end tickets.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 17, 2017, 01:07:01 pm by German Rover »
Get on the Hartlepool database now. By a ticket for a match. And then when tickets go on sale for rovers buy one in the home end.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 17, 2017, 01:14:16 pm by philsky »
Get on the Hartlepool database now. By a ticket for a match. And then when tickets go on sale for rovers buy one in the home end.

Stage one completed

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2017, 01:33:00 pm by chrisd_123 »
Definitely a home end one this! Time to make use of my uni friends from Teesside to get me a ticket if they make it a post code thing for tickets!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2017, 01:45:20 pm by wing commander »
There will be no atmosphere if they sell to just season ticket holders. Too many sit-down tourists on their first away game of the season.

Not to cry about it (although I am), this shafts over people like me and my family. People who've been season ticket holders for many consecutive years in the past but who have moved to membership. We'll end up giving far more money to the club than an average season ticket across the season and we go to more aay games but for this one we won't get a ticket.

It's the age old dilemma that Copps..This is my first year in 20 I haven't got a season ticket due to having my kids every other weekend...It's one of those that there isn't a answer too,the club is desperate for st money to plan a budget and have to offer incentives to secure them I can understand that,but I can also understand people who attend away matches regulary who don't have them feeling annoyed that they will miss out after they put the effort in all season...
    That said I always take solace I was at Brentford...It will always be the holy grail of matches as far as I'm concerned...

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 17, 2017, 03:23:37 pm by donnievic »

A cheeky 251 miles from Pinner.

£130 return on the train.

Car it is !

look 12 week in advance for cheap tickets if not to Hartlepool then to York or Darlington and then and return from there which is I'm sure only about £12 and £6

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 17, 2017, 04:20:18 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Never know, depending on their home crowd, they may give us a section of the home end too.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 17, 2017, 04:34:22 pm by drfchound »
I can see Hartlepool giving us quite a big allocation of tickets, why would they restrict the numbers if loads of our fans want to be at the game.
No club wants to turn away revenue.

On the subject of STH people only attending limited numbers of away games well there are many reasons why that happens.
I don't get to many away games because of work and family commitments but get to as many as time allows.
That may change next season after i have retired but if i had to produce an away ticket stub to be able to attend this game i could be snookered.
I haven't saved any so far and my only other away day before Hartlepool is likely to be Grimsby, as long as work doesn't prevent that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 17, 2017, 05:06:40 pm by silent majority »

Surely this was the same situation at Brentford and that didn't lack atmosphere?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 17, 2017, 05:20:22 pm by Copps is Magic »
I wasn't at Brentford, I was on a different continent. I can't comment on the atmosphere but don't forget half that stand is a terrace.

I was at Cheltenham though (2008) and that was dead.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 17, 2017, 05:20:41 pm by johnny rovers »
The cheap train tickets won't be out yet, that's why cost was expensive

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 17, 2017, 05:22:08 pm by RoversAlias »

At the end of the day you chose to be a member rather than a season ticket holder so this is one of the consequences that you have to consider when making that choice. I too am now a member rather than a season ticket holder and try to get to away games when I can, but for one reason or another can't always make it and it does leave me a bit more vulnerable when it comes to big games like this one.

Hopefully they'll give us some higher allocation, it would make sense providing their season is done and dusted by then which I expect it will be.

EDIT: To note of those two games you've just mentioned there CiM, I was at Brentford and the atmosphere was incredible. However I missed out on a ticket to Cheltenham and was probably better off at home as I could go out in the garden and get the loss out of my system there and then. Funny how it works out!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 17, 2017, 05:25:32 pm by silent majority »
I wasn't at Brentford, I was on a different continent. I can't comment on the atmosphere but don't forget half that stand is a terrace.

I was at Cheltenham though (2008) and that was dead.

The atmosphere at Cheltenham was different, but mainly because we were rubbish on the day. I was at Boston too, and that didn't suffer either.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 17, 2017, 05:30:54 pm by IDM »
The atmosphere vs Bournemouth (?) at Belle Vue at the end of the 1981 season was pretty good too...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 17, 2017, 05:32:10 pm by Copps is Magic »
I was at Boston also, again a terrace - the singers congregated in the middle and the noise spread.

As soon as our fans see a seat, they are the first to sit down and behave themselves.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 17, 2017, 05:38:01 pm by RedJ »
Only if it's their allocated seat, mind. God forbid anybody else happen to be in the vicinity. ;)

:chair:

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 17, 2017, 05:43:22 pm by philsky »
Only if it's their allocated seat, mind. God forbid anybody else happen to be in the vicinity. ;)

:chair:

So was I:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM0W7l2qnVk

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 17, 2017, 05:45:15 pm by silent majority »
I was at Boston also, again a terrace - the singers congregated in the middle and the noise spread.

As soon as our fans see a seat, they are the first to sit down and behave themselves.

The point you're making though is that ST holders have priority over tickets on reduced allocations, and that causes a lack of atmosphere. Quite clearly that isn't the case.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012