Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:21:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last match - Hartlepool  (Read 14628 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Last match - Hartlepool
« Reply #60 on January 19, 2017, 12:39:32 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I think you mean a dead rubber.  ;)

A few council estate lasses have got pregnant through one of them. :coat:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 19, 2017, 07:35:10 am by Donnywolf »
Just a thought

Would it get too messy administratively if there were Season Tickets that a) carried the "perk" of priority away Tickets as of now AND B) Season Tickets that "give up the right" to priority Away Tickets for a slightly lesser price ?

There are many STH's I am sure that maybe never go away from Home or like me*** have cut the away trips down to a minimum and by having a choice as above the STH could opt for the B) option and thus free up more Tickets for the Fans who like me between 1968 and 1975 hardly miss a game away or at home.

This would help those who CANT lay out huge amounts for a Season Ticket get easier access to away tickets and help get the Tickets themselves on general sale quicker !

If this sytem was brought in I personally would waive my rights to the Away Ticket priority and then "risk" not getting a Ticket for a really BIG away game in the future as it seems fairer to let the mega fanatics who go away almost every game to get the opportunity to get a Ticket rather than me ***

*** It would not and does not mean I am less of a Fan - I just cant be bothered to trek hours as I used to do - and indeed if I could be teleported "in an instant" to Plymouth Newport or wherever I would not miss a game home or away !

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:56:40 am by Donnywolf »

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 19, 2017, 12:24:59 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
For those who were at Hartlepool in the season we won the JPT,  I wonder whether Lawrence the local transvestite will making an appearance once again. Quite a character.

Little off topic, but talking about characters. Appeared on my Facebook 6 years ago today.

Wolves away in the FA Cup, 4th Round Replay lost 5-0. Anyone remember that bloke who appeared in the away end with a sleeping bag sniffing poppers? Very odd behaviour.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 19, 2017, 12:40:43 pm by MrFrost »
967 seats - not enough.

Grimsby were allocated more

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 19, 2017, 01:44:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
I seem to remember, back in the old Belle View days, that we give the entire side of the stand over to (I think it was) the Middlesbrough fans.

Hartlepool may be tempted to do something similar if there is the desire from away supporters.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 19, 2017, 01:57:19 pm by silent majority »
I believe the club have already contacted Hartlepool.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 19, 2017, 08:34:46 pm by drfchound »
I seem to remember, back in the old Belle View days, that we give the entire side of the stand over to (I think it was) the Middlesbrough fans.

Hartlepool may be tempted to do something similar if there is the desire from away supporters.

I was there for that Boro game Alan.
They had been relegated and won our division easily.
They won that game 4-0.
I remember their fans singing "give us a goal, John O'Rourke".

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 19, 2017, 08:37:15 pm by RedRover45 »

They won that game 4-0.

Pretty sure it was 2-0 but I stand to be corrected.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 19, 2017, 08:38:54 pm by drfchound »
It was 4-0.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 19, 2017, 09:49:29 pm by BobG »
Any advance on 6-0?

BobG

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 19, 2017, 10:24:34 pm by JonWallsend »
Depending on the Boro game you are referring to.

Last game of 87 season was 2-0 home defeat. Everyone was on three sides of ground as Pop stand was closed. Just a few days before, the first bit of subsidence had struck and meant it had to be closed.

Could be another 4-0 game but that 87 encounter is all I recall. It was mayhem with pitch invasions at the end. I did end up with  a Rovers number 9 top courtesy of Andy Rhodes as he ran off the pitch. ( had it on under his goalies top)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on January 19, 2017, 10:27:10 pm by Donnywolf »
For those who were at Hartlepool in the season we won the JPT,  I wonder whether Lawrence the local transvestite will making an appearance once again. Quite a character.

Little off topic, but talking about characters. Appeared on my Facebook 6 years ago today.

Wolves away in the FA Cup, 4th Round Replay lost 5-0. Anyone remember that bloke who appeared in the away end with a sleeping bag sniffing poppers? Very odd behaviour.

Amazingly 2 of us went to stay with a mate in London ages ago (35 years probably) and as he had no beds spare we had to buy Sleeping Bags

Time being tight we stopped off at Brentford Nylons (that dates it) and bought one each before heading for Loftus Road for a QPR v Wolves game. In the queue to get in the comments were hilarious - youve facking watched Rangers before - coming prepared ready for a good sleep etc

I am sure it ended 3-3 with Martin Patching scoring a screamer for Wolves - and that drove me to drink not drugs !

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 19, 2017, 10:40:15 pm by Muttley »
The 87 Game v Boro had a very low Rovers attendance due to the police making it all ticket just a couple of days before, in the days when all ticket games were extremely rare.

Fast forward to the end of this video for pitch invasion fun.

https://youtu.be/6_1ua-isYfg

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 19, 2017, 11:03:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
It was the 4-0 I remember.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 20, 2017, 07:36:39 am by MrFrost »
I wonder if we will see a pitch invasion this year. We are always accommodating for visiting supporters who want to invade our pitch

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 20, 2017, 08:57:23 am by Donnywolf »
Just a thought

Would it get too messy administratively if there were Season Tickets that a) carried the "perk" of priority away Tickets as of now AND B) Season Tickets that "give up the right" to priority Away Tickets for a slightly lesser price ?

There are many STH's I am sure that maybe never go away from Home or like me*** have cut the away trips down to a minimum and by having a choice as above the STH could opt for the B) option and thus free up more Tickets for the Fans who like me between 1968 and 1975 hardly miss a game away or at home.

This would help those who CANT lay out huge amounts for a Season Ticket get easier access to away tickets and help get the Tickets themselves on general sale quicker !

If this sytem was brought in I personally would waive my rights to the Away Ticket priority and then "risk" not getting a Ticket for a really BIG away game in the future as it seems fairer to let the mega fanatics who go away almost every game to get the opportunity to get a Ticket rather than me ***

*** It would not and does not mean I am less of a Fan - I just cant be bothered to trek hours as I used to do - and indeed if I could be teleported "in an instant" to Plymouth Newport or wherever I would not miss a game home or away !

Any thoughts anyone ?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on January 20, 2017, 09:06:27 am by IDM »
How about an "away membership" scheme for ST holders, pay a little extra - say £10 for the season - to get first dibs on away tickets?

That could appear that the club would be taking extra cash off the keenest supporters, but that's not really what I mean, it is more a case of supply and demand?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 20, 2017, 09:50:34 am by roversdude »
Getting a season ticket is already marketed as one of main ways of first dibs on away/cup games

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 20, 2017, 10:09:21 am by silent majority »
How about an "away membership" scheme for ST holders, pay a little extra - say £10 for the season - to get first dibs on away tickets?

That could appear that the club would be taking extra cash off the keenest supporters, but that's not really what I mean, it is more a case of supply and demand?

Hmm. Are you suggesting, as someone else on here already has, that the ST holders are not the keenest DRFC supporters and therefore shouldn't have priority on away tickets? Its a ludicrous argument, in my opinion, that those non-ST holding DRFC supporters are keener on away games than ST holders. If that's the case how do they demonstrate their commitment to DRFC, by not buying a ST?

The club used to operate an 'away fans' membership at a cost of about £10 which gave some priority, the take up for that was exceptionally poor and whilst 95% of all away games allocations can safely accommodate those DRFC who do want to travel then it doesn't have a place at the moment. Again the argument that ST holders don't attend away games in numbers but will snap up the tickets at Hartlepool is another generalisation that doesn't hold water. There will be significant demand for that game no doubt, but to suggest that ST holders shouldn't have priority is a nonsense. If a ST is meant to have value then this is one element that should, and will always, remain.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 20, 2017, 10:58:45 am by Colemans Left Hook »

They won that game 4-0.

you must be as sad as me I remember that chant --  Aston villa were in the same division as rovers 2 years either side of that match ? so presumably they brought a lot as well as I think they only had one season in the division being champions (not checking my facts)

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 20, 2017, 11:55:38 am by DRFC-Hanksie »
I wonder if we will see a pitch invasion this year. We are always accommodating for visiting supporters who want to invade our pitch

Remember my mate getting onto the Hartlepool pitch the last time we were there, 1-1 draw iirc. It's a little bit of a drop onto the pitch from the away end.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 20, 2017, 11:57:43 am by DRFC-Hanksie »

They had the away rover a few years ago, I did it on the season we went up from L1 to Championship, only really benefitted me for the Leeds and Cheltenham games, wasn't worth the money for what I paid. Might have been £30.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 20, 2017, 12:18:23 pm by MrFrost »
There's usually enough tickets for everyone. I can count the number of away sell outs we've had in the last 5 years on one hand.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 20, 2017, 12:24:10 pm by Pintolager »
Could be interesting this game if Hartlepool need a result to stay up. It could be that we are only given the 967 and no more. Not that I would do it myself, but Rovers fans in the home end?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 20, 2017, 12:28:18 pm by IDM »

Hmm. Are you suggesting, as someone else on here already has, that the ST holders are not the keenest DRFC supporters and therefore shouldn't have priority on away tickets? Its a ludicrous argument, in my opinion, that those non-ST holding DRFC supporters are keener on away games than ST holders. If that's the case how do they demonstrate their commitment to DRFC, by not buying a ST?

The club used to operate an 'away fans' membership at a cost of about £10 which gave some priority, the take up for that was exceptionally poor and whilst 95% of all away games allocations can safely accommodate those DRFC who do want to travel then it doesn't have a place at the moment. Again the argument that ST holders don't attend away games in numbers but will snap up the tickets at Hartlepool is another generalisation that doesn't hold water. There will be significant demand for that game no doubt, but to suggest that ST holders shouldn't have priority is a nonsense. If a ST is meant to have value then this is one element that should, and will always, remain.

No, you missed my point entirely..  I was answering the previous post which invited discussion.  I was actually suggesting an away membership for ST holders, to give their existing priorities a little bit more for when the occasion demands. 

I was not implying an away membership scheme for non-ST holders to override the priority that a ST holder has.You seem to have interpreted my post thus, which isn't what I meant, nor what I posted "How about an "away membership" scheme for ST holders" - where is the word "non-" in that???

It was just a thought on away membership, an option, which you have now explained has been tried unsuccessfully before.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 20, 2017, 12:56:45 pm by silent majority »
IDM,

As I pointed out that there is an implicit 'away fan' membership that comes with purchasing a ST. It has been tried for non-ST holders but we dont have the demand to make it worthwhile. I'm sure that should we reach the higher echelons of the pyramid we will find the need to reintroduce a scheme that suits.

The points I was making were not addressed to you specifically but I was using your post to make my own observations based on something already posted by certain individuals. Apologies if I've misinterpreted what you said.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:58:50 pm by silent majority »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 20, 2017, 01:12:23 pm by IDM »
Thanks Martin :scarf:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 20, 2017, 01:53:44 pm by Copps is Magic »
As the number of season tickets decline and the club sell more and more memberships and tickets through other means the arguments presented in this thread begin to lose credibility. IN fact, they are already a few years behind the times. There's been a opening up of different ticket methods for the SS where the majority of the singer congregate.

Secondly, we're not talking about priority for the Hartlepool game are we, we're talking about an absolute chance to get a ticket or not. Non-season ticket holders have no absolute chance of getting a ticket directly due to the small number available. So what sense does it make to talk about 'priority' in these circumstances?

No where has anyone said ST holder don't deserve to be there. Some awful melodramatic posturing going on from people who can't see the different demographics and forsee how the atmosphere will be different.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 20, 2017, 02:03:31 pm by knockers »
How many season tickets were sold for the South stand this year CIM?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 20, 2017, 02:12:58 pm by Copps is Magic »
I have no idea, the long term pattern is decline though.

Don't get tangled up in arguments I haven't even made. ST holders deserve priority. Just know for every ST holder that goes (fairly) regularly to away games you're going to have at least one day tripper sat next to you At Hartlepool. And they will be sat.

Whether its right for the club to encourage memberships and cash turnstyles then effectively exclude those people from certain games is a debate for a different day.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012