Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:32:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lincoln v Ipswich  (Read 3478 times)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Lincoln v Ipswich
« on January 17, 2017, 09:19:13 pm by bobbymax »
Lincoln look an above-average Conference team - Ipswich look like a below-average League 2 team!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Lincoln v Ipswich
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2017, 09:28:41 pm by GazLaz »
Horrible long ball merchants Lincoln. No class about them at all.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 17, 2017, 09:29:08 pm by andysly »
Ipswich look very poor.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 17, 2017, 10:02:28 pm by mushRTID »
Ipswich were terrible.

No class about Lincoln maybe, but they've dominated that game.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 17, 2017, 10:26:28 pm by BobG »
Bloody good goal though. Even if Ipswich can't defend their Mrs' honour with a bomb.

BobG

niteowler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 17, 2017, 10:33:08 pm by niteowler »
Had a (what i thought was a daft bet ) on Lincoln at 5/2  but on the game they really deserved it, Ipswich hardly had a shot on goal. Would not fancy playing them next year, but i dont think we will !

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 17, 2017, 10:58:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well done Lincoln. Great goal and great cup tie. Pleased for them after a long time in the doldrums. 

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 17, 2017, 11:55:04 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Well as my location suggests, I went along to watch my nearest team.
TOTALLY deserved to win this evening. Ipswich players weren't interested in any 50/50 balls.
The place was rocking despite the fact there was just over 9000.Ipswich fans were very quiet for their 1069 supporters.
I've said all season they will go up and good luck to them. It will be good to see them back in the FL.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 18, 2017, 03:53:54 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I've never seen a side who looked as disinterested as Ipswich tonight. I think McCarthy might have done as much as he can there. If he stays on as manager and they continue not really getting involved in signing players, next season they could go down.
They were absolutely terrible and could barely put two or three passes together. Lincoln did what they had to they stayed in the game and took the opportunity that came along.

Looking at Lincoln players with a view to us signing any in the future. Woodyard is a tough gritty little player, a decent passer of the ball but wouldn't be good enough for what we need.
Raggett looks a good player dominant in the air, positionally sound though a few times he got dragged out of position but got away with it. He's pretty decent on the ball not lightning quick but not slow. Not sure about the haircut :laugh:. He could be worth looking at by our scouts.
Those two and Waterfall to me were the only players on the Lincoln side worth a look. Raggett is the one i would be interested in-he's contracted until summer 2018 so it would take a fee to get him.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 18, 2017, 07:09:20 am by roversdude »
Well done Lincoln great result but wtf is that comb over that Matt Rhead was sporting

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 18, 2017, 07:48:53 am by Lincoln Rover »
As I've previously posted Donny have been at Sincil Bank several times to watch the goalie, Paul Farman.... that vacancy has now been filled.
Matt Rhead is a weird one, cult figure and battler. Very temperamental on and off the pitch.
Danny Cowley the manager has brought some very good NON league players in and made it far more professional in terms of training and attitude, and good luck to him.
Ragget and Waterfall are the ones that other teams are scouting.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 18, 2017, 07:52:12 am by Metalmicky »
I think they may struggle to hold onto the Cowley brothers tbh.  Hope they go up and wish them good luck...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 18, 2017, 08:12:00 am by Campsall rover »
Had a (what i thought was a daft bet ) on Lincoln at 5/2  but on the game they really deserved it, Ipswich hardly had a shot on goal. Would not fancy playing them next year, but i dont think we will !
Yes but we could be playing Ipswich next season if they continued to perform like that for the rest of the season.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 18, 2017, 11:27:47 am by wing commander »
   Mick McCarthey has been at Ipswich for ages and you would have to say they are going nowhere,that was such a pitiful effort to the point I couldn't believe they are a championship club,players arguing with fans during the game and some of them were beyond bad...Mick came across as very arrogant with that interview as well,its almost as if he didn't really give a monkeys if he's there or not...I'm not one for sacking managers but one look on the Ipswich forum and boy do they hate him...I really cant see the point in keeping him as there cant be a way back for him...He's had a good crack at the whip but on that effort alone he needs sacking.....

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 18, 2017, 11:50:23 am by The Red Baron »
He's probably only a couple of defeats away from the tin tack.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 18, 2017, 11:59:47 am by GazLaz »
There wage bill is only a fraction of what it used to be. He's not been given much of a chance to get in the playoffs. Mid table is an acceptable season for them. If they sack him they may regret it in a couple of years.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 18, 2017, 12:10:39 pm by wing commander »
      Theres no doubt that they have no money or ambition...They are backing him to the hilt I see this morning asking the fans to get behind him...They are a club in crisis by the looks,the fans seem to absolute detest the owners,the ceo and the manager to a man,i couldn't see one post of support...
     Are they for sale??? Looks a slippery slope from here...

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 18, 2017, 01:55:13 pm by VivaRovers »

I hope we don't go chasing after Waterfall.
I think we should just look at the type players we used to; maybe Jarrett Rivers, or someone like Paul Lake.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 18, 2017, 01:57:39 pm by IDM »

No I agree - we don't go chasing Waterfall - otherwise we'll end up coming up, like a flower...

niteowler

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 18, 2017, 02:01:16 pm by niteowler »
Yes but we could be playing Ipswich next season if they continued to perform like that for the rest of the season.
Sorry Campsall what  i meant was that i wouldnt relish playing LINCOLN next year if we didnt get promotion.but i dont think we will !

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 18, 2017, 04:46:06 pm by Dutch Uncle »

I think we should just look at the type players we used to; maybe Jarrett Rivers, or someone like Paul Lake.

We've had a few before........

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=257824.msg639045#msg639045

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 18, 2017, 10:52:34 pm by les@donr »
I remember us going to Lincoln in the season we went up from Div.3, I think we managed a draw either 0-0 or 1-1, not an easy place to go to get anything, the pitch looked liked a farmer's churned up cabbage patch.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 19, 2017, 12:43:57 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Well done Lincoln great result but wtf is that comb over that Matt Rhead was sporting

''A fat Bobby Charlton you're just a fat Bobby Charlton''. That should be his new chant. I was p..sing myself watching comb it back into place. That made me laugh when the commentator reckoned the manager told him that they had to watch how much they used him in a game because he tired easily.
What is he a footballer or just a haircut?. :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012