Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:29:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dingles Ref last night v Wolves  (Read 2029 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Dingles Ref last night v Wolves
« on February 01, 2017, 04:13:44 pm by Donnywolf »
Had both sets of Fans at him at various stages because he and (mainly) the East Stand Lino were found a bit wanting !

He awarded Wolves a Penalty which looked like one to me and the Wolves Player had the ball on the spot when the Ref talked to the far side Lino. We reckoned Hammill was in trouble for "gobbing" off at the Lino. After about a minute he pointed for a free kick to Barnsley yet I saw no foul in the build up and the Lino did not flag

The masterpiece though was Barnsley were awarded a Free Kick late on in their left back position and in fact only the Left Back and the Keeper were in their own half. Left Back puts it down where the foul had been and Ref signals to him to kick it. He played it square to the keeper 10 yards outside the area who picked up the ball and spun it forwards (as they do) before hoofing it upfield. The murmer round the Ground was similar to when Telford did the "stanchion" Goal at Belle Vue as most people could not believe what they were seeing

The Wolves players went mad as did their fans and the Ref looked at the Lino who just started back at him (blankly I imagine). Muppets of the highest order

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Dingles Ref last night v Wolves
« Reply #1 on February 01, 2017, 05:42:17 pm by The Red Baron »
I suppose on one level it's a relief that it isn't just us who gets poor officials. On another level though it's a concern that standards are so low.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2017, 07:48:28 pm by Donnywolf »
The Tykes are apoplectic with the Ref. I had a look and there were loads I forgot about and this one takes the biscuit ...

Ref awards Free Kick to Barnsley in dangerous position. He measures out the 10 "yards". Barnsley players were saying it was way too short and I had to agree. Their smallest player then left the Wall and strode "pointedly" towards where the ball was spotted. He was only as big as a Subbuteo Player (Scowen I think he was called) and he took only 7 strides to reach the Ball

I was sure that would be dissent but the Ref ignored his sarcastic show and ignored the fact that the wall was way too close and would you believe Barnsley scored when they took the free kick.

I peed myself when they got their next Free Kick as the crowd counted as one  1 - 2 - 3 etc as loud as they could. Also when Wolves Fans jeered the non penalty with "your not fit to Referee" the Barnsley Fans gave them a cheer for finally realising what they had been singing quite a few times !!

At one time as well there were 2 balls on the Pitch and the officials took a while to sort that out and a brawl between the 2 dug outs when the ball went in the Wolves dug out and was not returned as quick as Barnsley Manager wanted. He got sent off for going in gung ho

They were confused that Barnsley were awarded a Free Kick but that Mowatt was sent off but the Ref did get that one right.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2017, 08:26:51 pm by roversdude »
Without taking both gloves off dingles would have stuck at 7

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 01, 2017, 10:32:18 pm by RoversAlias »
Who was this ref then?

I saw Keith Stroud (the poison dwarf from our 2-2 draw at Scunny under SOD) have a shocker in the Championship the other week, so these muppets still get games at the higher level.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 01, 2017, 10:37:17 pm by drfchound »
It is odd isn't it that poor refs still get fixtures to officiate in even though they clearly struggle to do well and keep control of matches.
Do they ever find themselves "suspended" from taking games?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 02, 2017, 07:00:16 am by Donnywolf »
Who was this ref then?

I saw Keith Stroud (the poison dwarf from our 2-2 draw at Scunny under SOD) have a shocker in the Championship the other week, so these muppets still get games at the higher level.

Christopher Kavanagh who has reffed us - last time v Coventry

Looked for our feedback but there was none as I recall - he has been criticised heavily on both Barnsley and Wolves Forums for Tuesday though

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 02, 2017, 07:29:05 am by The Red Baron »
Kavanagh is very highly rated and tipped for promotion to the Premier League next season. Oh dear!

Sounds like another Stuart Attwell in the making.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 02, 2017, 08:27:49 am by Donnywolf »
It is odd isn't it that poor refs still get fixtures to officiate in even though they clearly struggle to do well and keep control of matches.
Do they ever find themselves "suspended" from taking games?

Some of the Prem ones do especially if they have had a shocker (and lets face it their every move can be seen these days) but I am unsure about the lesser lights

I would routinely love to see the Assessors Report for the games I have watched to see what is said about the Ref and Officials and the "verdict" on certain incidents. IMO this Ref got the Sending Off right. Mowatt was in 2 footed on the Wolves Player as the "objective" BFC fans have said to their credit.

Another baffler was smack on half way a Wolves player put in a dodgy looking tackle on a Tyke and the Ref looked as though he was about to blow for it -  (all my Seat buddies agreed later) and for some reason he did the "open arms playing advantage" gesture but Wolves had the ball and mounted a very serious attack and one which I hoped they would score from but did not. That would have blown a few BFC Fans off the scale !

Some of the rest was down to "the Fans" claiming for stuff that never was. Example : Wolves looked to have conceded a Throw in when one of them right below me and in front of the Lino looked to have run it into touch - but the ball imo did not even get to the Touchline and they all bellowed "out". The ball then was immediately played up the line and a Barnsley player got a "foot in" and the ball was half over the Line but again imo was not out and the Lino gave it. You can imagine the outcry

So if anyone knows where we can get Assessors Reports please let us know. I found some recently when the subject came up and found only really low level games

TinyPortal © 2005-2012