Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:07:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BBC Propaganda 9pm tonight  (Read 8408 times)

DN3 Rover

• Forum Member
BBC Propaganda 9pm tonight
« on February 16, 2017, 08:29:28 am by DN3 Rover »
There's a programme on BBC2 tonight about Russian thugs preparing for next years WC be a warning to anyone on here going next year just the usual BBC scare mongering, it will probably show the trouble at last years tournament where that Leeds fan from Donny Ado Williams got attacked by them Russian ultras in Lyon at the England v Russia game

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: BBC Propaganda 9pm tonight
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2017, 09:54:15 am by wilts rover »
So just to be clear DN3, despite the violence by Russian ultras at last years Euros, you are confident that there will be no trouble at next years World Cup and any suggestion of it is just 'BBC propoganda'?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 16, 2017, 10:03:47 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Marseille not Lyon.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 16, 2017, 10:25:49 am by Yargo »
Leeds fan from Donny Ado Williams got attacked by them Russian ultras in Lyon at the England v Russia game
His surname isn't Williams

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 16, 2017, 11:27:01 am by PDS »
Propaganda?
Fun and games in Russia in 2007. Anyone in the Cosmos hotel will tell you.
As for Marseille? Worst trouble I've ever seen at football. Gangs of Russians in matching T shirts and MMA gloves attacking all and sundry - very very organised acts by large groups.

Saw 3 people kicked unconscious on the way to the ground and French police indiscriminate use of tear gas to move the crowd along (I was hit by a canister)

I thought nothing about going to South Africa when there were scare stories about what would happen at the world cup there but no way will I be revisiting Russia

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 16, 2017, 11:41:37 am by Glyn_Wigley »
There's a programme on BBC2 tonight about Russian thugs preparing for next years WC be a warning to anyone on here going next year just the usual BBC scare mongering, it will probably show the trouble at last years tournament where that Leeds fan from Donny Ado Williams got attacked by them Russian ultras in Lyon at the England v Russia game

So even though the BBC will be reporting what you acknowledge actually did happen, it's scaremongering??

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2017, 11:44:42 am by DubaiRover »
Leeds fan from Donny Ado Williams got attacked by them Russian ultras in Lyon at the England v Russia game
His surname isn't Williams
Probably a Wild guess, every thing else sounds plausible ;)

ballysbackin

« Reply #7 on February 16, 2017, 11:47:05 am by ballysbackin »
According to FIFA President he is not concerned about the possible problems there next World Cup.. Probably because he will be surrounded by security staff

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 16, 2017, 12:20:56 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
You've got to have a few wires loose or be uber-dedicated to go over there. Be plenty of trouble over there.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 16, 2017, 12:41:32 pm by not on facebook »
I was out In Moscow for a Chelsea game against Cska Moscow about 8 9 or 10 years ago.

Was there for 3 nights before the game and on the piss with no real stress but day before game ,day of game and after game you had to a lot more street wise .

One thing I will say about Moscow is that it's the best city I have visited ever and when we flew out I actually said to myself that I had been somewhere.

The moscow underground stations that serve red square are just mind blowing .

As for any England fan thinking about going to Russia for the World Cup out there just take this onboard .

Russian lads were seen paying off the security to fcuk off who were outside the hotel ukerain where all the Chelsea lot were drinking at 02:00 in the morning after the cska v Chelsea game had been played.the hotel was then attacked by the Russians .

This was a few years ago when the Russians were still trying to find their feet on the FV front.today they have gone beyond and will take no prisoners

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 16, 2017, 01:11:24 pm by idler »
It would hurt Russia far more if the England fans boycotted it completely.
They would lose millions.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 16, 2017, 01:26:48 pm by johnny rovers »
I think Oslo has it spot on. The Russians have up'd there game and even have women in training to attack other women going to the World Cup. Personally I hope both Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 are a huge embarrassment to FIFA and hope they lose lots of money in the process!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:43:30 pm by johnny rovers »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 16, 2017, 02:37:24 pm by GazLaz »
Qatar will be ok, they will lob that much dough at it that it won't be a failure. We should have been hosting the next tournament though not Russia. It's a joke.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 16, 2017, 02:43:46 pm by johnny rovers »
Qatar will be shocking, no entries on the pub finder app for that hell hole! There's only sand there  to build sand castles, not really a football fans idea of "having a good time "

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 16, 2017, 03:13:54 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Let's be clear, the prime purpose of the BBC is a propaganda machine of the state, or the status quo. Beyond that it does lots of good too, and sugar coating serves the prime purpose well.

There is a problem in Russia, especially if someone from outside is fancying a bit of macho fun and games. And their gangster system is less sophisicated or covert in some ways that ours, so easy to pick on. The BBC/state is keen on anything that can make them out to be the baddies and exploits this, magnifies the fear, the same as it likes to magnify the fear of things back home that challenge the status quo.

Both the Russian and Qatar WCs are questionable, as Brazil was, and even the whole concept of the WC as it's become.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 16, 2017, 04:02:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
You been smoking something good there Bristol?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 16, 2017, 04:34:43 pm by silent majority »
As England fans we've already been to both countries, Russia and Qatar, and both were a massive disappointment. As PDS mentioned earlier when we were there in 2007 the Cosmos Hotel was the centre of quite a lot of attention, from prostitutes (never seen so many!) and the local Moscow hooligans who had access to all the bars and reception areas. Random attacks took place all over the city, in bars, the metro and streets. But Moscow is such a dour and miserable place, service in restaurants non-existent, travel very complicated and accommodation lacking in any kind of quality.

Qatar a different proposition altogether, although still as disappointing. It has one city of any note and the only place to get a drink is in the major tourist hotels, hardly setting itself up as an attractive destination for a football tournament.

The BBC are very good at doing pre-tournament hooligan stories, they've done it before all recent tournaments, Brazil, Ukraine/Poland and South Africa, and yet they turned out to be wonderful and well worth the effort, especially South Africa which will remain with me forever.

France, a modern western democracy, provided one of the poorest tournaments I've ever attended. Not just the hooliganism in Marseilles but the whole approach from the authorities was poor and sadly lacking. In every venue they resorted to firing off tear gas as a first and only solution to all their problems. Seeing the picture on TV last night of the riots against the Police throughout the Paris region didn't surprise me one bit.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 16, 2017, 04:46:41 pm by foxbat »
 ' Let's be clear, the prime purpose of the BBC is a propaganda machine of the state, or the status quo.'

how about some 'clear ' fact based evidence to support this statement.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 16, 2017, 05:16:21 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
' Let's be clear, the prime purpose of the BBC is a propaganda machine of the state, or the status quo.'

Facts about propaganda  :laugh:

Research pretty much any significant news story that centres around the establishment's interests and you can see what the BBC highlights and omits. This is especially prominent in breaking news. It's not that different in any country throughout history, it's normal. You can see it, or you can consume it, good luck  :scarf:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 16, 2017, 05:32:26 pm by Filo »

Orgreave and associated events during 1984

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 16, 2017, 07:23:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Facts about propaganda  :laugh:

Research pretty much any significant news story that centres around the establishment's interests and you can see what the BBC highlights and omits. This is especially prominent in breaking news. It's not that different in any country throughout history, it's normal. You can see it, or you can consume it, good luck  :scarf:

Why do so many right-wingers claim the BB is biased to the left then..?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:28:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 16, 2017, 08:30:37 pm by not on facebook »

Think I will watch this

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 16, 2017, 08:48:48 pm by not on facebook »
As for Moscow as a city should you get the chance to visit jump at it.

For me the best thing about the place was no fcuker spoke English
so you had to work it all out yourself.

And it's not as if you fall out of one pub into another ,no way as you had to put the ground work in.

When you walk round any normall European city your eyes are allways  at street level,not in Moscow as there is just as much too see with the roof tops .

It's backwards for sure and that's the best thing about it ,you even put your life in the hands of your taxi as the one we was in from the airport to red square was sinking of petrol fumes and all of us were sick when we got out,not too mention the trance the driver was in and his blood shot red eyes.

If you want a great location for food and drink try the chesterfield boar house ,it's a taxi ride out to it but well worth the trip .

There was small old lady's basically fighting each other to keep the streets clean ,endnote if a leaf hit the floor it got swept up asap.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 16, 2017, 09:02:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Bbc will probably blame Donald Trump for Russian hooligans.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 16, 2017, 09:24:07 pm by BobG »
Has anyone found a single syllable in the OP's post that has turned out to be accurate, truthful and worth reading?

BobG

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 17, 2017, 12:19:01 pm by Pintolager »
As for Moscow as a city should you get the chance to visit jump at it.

For me the best thing about the place was no fcuker spoke English
so you had to work it all out yourself.

And it's not as if you fall out of one pub into another ,no way as you had to put the ground work in.

When you walk round any normall European city your eyes are allways  at street level,not in Moscow as there is just as much too see with the roof tops .

It's backwards for sure and that's the best thing about it ,you even put your life in the hands of your taxi as the one we was in from the airport to red square was sinking of petrol fumes and all of us were sick when we got out,not too mention the trance the driver was in and his blood shot red eyes.

If you want a great location for food and drink try the chesterfield boar house ,it's a taxi ride out to it but well worth the trip .

There was small old lady's basically fighting each other to keep the streets clean ,endnote if a leaf hit the floor it got swept up asap.

Agree with you. Moscovites are not the friendliest of people and like you say, very few of them speak English, but it is a city that I would recommend to those who like somewhere different and a bit mystical. Great architecture and the Metro stations including Ploschad Revolutsi are certainly worth taking note of. I went back in 2010 and the price of a pint was about £6 and it was an expensive city, so I don't know about nowadays. As SM said though, customer service is basically non existent.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 17, 2017, 12:37:25 pm by GazLaz »
My sister in law is Russian. They are a very odd race.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 17, 2017, 02:41:05 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Did anyone watch it?

They basically have the equivalent of a youth development for becoming a hooligan for the club and instead of a contract offer you get the tattoo if you're good enough to fight for them.

Bit different to 10 lads in a pub getting legless and deciding to throw chairs.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 17, 2017, 02:53:32 pm by Syme »
I watched it. Seemed to suggest Putin was clamping down on them and the head honchos would struggle to remain active for the World Cup

They certainly know their stuff though - referring to the English shitholes Luton and Leeds.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 17, 2017, 03:50:23 pm by rich1471 »
The film were it showed you the youths going into the wood to fight is an old clip and you can see many more videos if you look online of this sort of thing they even used to have a league the footage was tame compared to others , the poles and Germans have been doing this as well to take it away from cities and towns so they don't get caught

TinyPortal © 2005-2012