Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:48:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BBC Propaganda 9pm tonight  (Read 8407 times)

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
Re: BBC Propaganda 9pm tonight
« Reply #30 on February 17, 2017, 04:53:24 pm by Rovers Return »
I watched it. Seemed to suggest Putin was clamping down on them and the head honchos would struggle to remain active for the World Cup

They certainly know their stuff though - referring to the English shitholes Luton and Leeds.

Putin funds it! State sponsored hooliganism. How many Russians got identified and arrested after the Euros? 0, nil, Zilch.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 17, 2017, 05:00:51 pm by Syme »
Did you watch it? It stated some fellas were currently in prison for their part in the Marseille trouble.

There's also been legislation brought in to ban troublemakers.

Perhaps Putin is funding it - there's no evidence to say he is - but it's not really in his interests for the Russian World Cup to turn into the biggest MMA bout we've ever seen.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 17, 2017, 05:05:29 pm by GazLaz »
I watched it. Seemed to suggest Putin was clamping down on them and the head honchos would struggle to remain active for the World Cup

They certainly know their stuff though - referring to the English shitholes Luton and Leeds.

Putin funds it! State sponsored hooliganism. How many Russians got identified and arrested after the Euros? 0, nil, Zilch.

Nonsense. The difference between the Russians and our fans is they really want a fight and our fans don't. Our fans are pussies that just want to throw a few bottles around trying to look hard.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 05:09:38 pm by GazLaz »

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 17, 2017, 05:15:50 pm by foxbat »
thank heavens for that then.
we certainly don't want Russian style hooliganism over here !

DN3 Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 17, 2017, 05:34:07 pm by DN3 Rover »
Has anyone found a single syllable in the OP's post that has turned out to be accurate, truthful and worth reading?

BobG

Thanks for pointing that out Bob, posting off one of them I phones with predictive text sorry for that, just moved back to area after a messy split up from from misses, been a few years since a regular at a drfc been living south of leicester last 3 years, I'll need to get a laptop for future. Cheers for pointing it out Bob.
up the reds
Rod.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 17, 2017, 05:58:15 pm by not on facebook »
There was an interview with a full mask wearing Russian lad who spoke very good English he basically said that today's English fans were garbage and in the bin along with the british and Western European cultures.

What he meant was that we have all gone soft and swung far too much over to the PC side of outlook and the Russian way of thinking is
far more patriotic.

When I see footage of England fans today I see what he means,as there is untold that are part of normall joe public in day to day life whilst in the U.K. ,but as soon they go abroad with England and after a few Stella's they start to act all billy big b*llocks and try to think they are back in the 1980s or early 1990s ,and that's as far as it goes

The police across Europe today are in more control of things  but back in my time there was running battles with locals then the police would turn up and the running battles would turn into locals and police VI's England lads with Italy been worst county for this .

In Spain is was just the police v England lads as the Spanish police were the most brutal  across Europe and did not fcuk about tbh.

If these Russian mobs had been at their peak during the 1980s early 1990s and whenever they played England it would have been pure carnage with body's laid out fall over from both sides.

Man to man the Russians would have been better I guess, if say 200 highly trained Russian non drinking nut job regiment turned up ,there would have far more  than enough English lads to cope with that pissed up or not.

I was out in Berlin for the England friendly against Germany just before the euros in France,and there was one certain incident that happened out there that told me and I did warn any mates from donny going to the Russia v England to watch their backs.

As for going to Russia for the World Cup you have to allways think of worse case situations ,and that would be the totall lack of control the Russian police have or show with their own hooligans .just because your sat in your hotel bar having a drink don't mean your safe out there going on previous experience 10 years back.

Don't bother taking a flag out there as you be an idiot if you do and deserve whatever you get.

The Russians don't target certain England fans ,as them certain England fans are never out in force these days for obvious reasons.your problem is that the Russians will target ALL types of England  fans when they strike,and in Moscow they will strike at most unlikely times as in the 24hour clock.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 17, 2017, 07:18:49 pm by Syme »
I don't think there's anything particularly patriotic about indiscriminately beating up drunk foreigners.

And I'm not sure England fans have gone soft, they've probably just grown up or become more educated.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 17, 2017, 07:28:17 pm by phil o sophical »
Sadly on a number of occasions this season we've seen names and faces on the big screen of Rovers supporters who have been taken from us far to early and most recently a minutes applause on the 58th minute (also observed by the away fans)  Then you see these arseholes latching on to football with the sole intent of knocking the living daylights out of anyone who happens to be in their way.

The reporter in the program was relieved that no-one was seriously injured or worse. Personally I was saddened that they all managed to get up and walk away

Thankfully I can just about remember attending matches where you could stand next to opposition fans and have proper good humoured banter but I can't really recall when it all started going tribal and pear shaped.

I believe it was Bill Shankley who said football wasn't about life or death, it was more important than that . How wrong can you be

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 17, 2017, 08:29:02 pm by silent majority »
I think somebody should tell the Russians that the party they've been preparing for all these years ended about 20 years ago, and everybody's gone home.

I also think Rovers Return has a right to be miffed about the behaviour of the Russians seeing as he had both his young boys with him as the Russians invaded the square were everybody was enjoying a pre-match meal. They didn't pick on any England firm, nor did they seek out those England supporters who would quite gladly have taken them up on their offer. They picked off people in side streets, families sat around having something to eat. And at the end of the match they marched into the 'International' section, not the England end. If they had managed to get to the English you would have seen something completely different as the England following still has a certain element of supporter.

The pictures on the BBC last night showed the young England following, young lads who were probably at their first tournament, behaving naively and enjoying the day out  in the main squre by the harbour. Innocents mostly.

Good on those tough Russiand though eh, Putins Russia must be a god forsaken place.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 17, 2017, 09:12:50 pm by Padge_DRFC »
The Daily star have announced that England fans are going to Russia with a so called 'super firm' to get revenge on the Russians. Then you read the story and realise just how made up it is. Apparently majority of the 3000 banning orders end just before the world cup.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 17, 2017, 09:56:33 pm by RedJ »
Suppose they'll be going to Russia to escape all these killer storms...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 18, 2017, 11:44:14 am by silent majority »
The Daily star have announced that England fans are going to Russia with a so called 'super firm' to get revenge on the Russians. Then you read the story and realise just how made up it is. Apparently majority of the 3000 banning orders end just before the world cup.

How many of those banning orders are connected to England games and how many are to do with violence? Not many at all would be my answer.

For those who don't know, getting to England away games, officially, is virtually impossible if you have any type of record at all. All members of the official England members club are Police checked on application, any record of any sort means you won't be getting in. Failure to pick up your tickets means you get excluded, pick up any kind of Police warning and again you are kicked out of the club. You can do it independently if you wish but it does become so much harder.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 18, 2017, 12:24:47 pm by Padge_DRFC »

How many of those banning orders are connected to England games and how many are to do with violence? Not many at all would be my answer.

For those who don't know, getting to England away games, officially, is virtually impossible if you have any type of record at all. All members of the official England members club are Police checked on application, any record of any sort means you won't be getting in. Failure to pick up your tickets means you get excluded, pick up any kind of Police warning and again you are kicked out of the club. You can do it independently if you wish but it does become so much harder.

Yes but how many will just go to where England are playing with no intention of watching the game?

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 18, 2017, 12:28:41 pm by elmsallrover »
Getting tickets for big tournaments is in fact easier than getting them from the travel club fifa put tickets up for sale 6/12 months before the tournament starts and you can even pick which team and games you want tickets for

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 18, 2017, 12:32:37 pm by not on facebook »
I got the knock for England club membership back in 1991 by the English fa cow praticia f smith.

Hence to say I never went on any England official tours but allways made my own plans to fly out.

As for match tickets that was no problem as I would allways ways use the local black market for a match ticket and it's never failed me yet.only problem was that we was allways In the home parts of the ground on England away days.

That 1-5 in Munich was something else as there was about 20 of us bang in middle of the home end which was behind the other goal to where all you England fans were.

Slovakia  and Albania away was the most  dangerous home ends we have been in as the home support was full of nut jobs on a mission.

Recall when I got pulled outside Charlio  Belgium train station with no match ticket for the Germany game.was cuffed up and put into back of a van and thought I was on my way home .

Never carried a passport with me for obvious reasons and the Belgium police could not understand my Yorkshire accent as when  they asked me for my second name I spelt it out to them and they write it down and passed it onto the policeman sat on a computer and they got the spelling completely wrong and the name they put into the data base came up clean so I was free to go.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 18, 2017, 12:37:04 pm by elmsallrover »
Plenty of people go to england games without tickets especially the euros and world cup finals looking for tickets on the black market and sometimes you drop on someone who sells there ticket for £10 or £20 more than face value instead of the normally £100

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 18, 2017, 01:48:56 pm by silent majority »
Plenty of people go to england games without tickets especially the euros and world cup finals looking for tickets on the black market and sometimes you drop on someone who sells there ticket for £10 or £20 more than face value instead of the normally £100

There's a difference between going to a finals tournament than going to qualifying games along the way. And yes some people do pick up tickets for not much more than face value, and the English are very very good at it, but there's an awful lot who don't. During Germany 2006 there was an estimated 100,000 English present in most cities where England played, but only about 6 to 8,000 actually got in. And all tickets bought that way will be in the away end or neutral section, they certainly won't be in the official England end.

To suggest that getting tickets for big tournaments is easier through FIFA than the official travel club is stretching a point. If you want to see England and be in the England enc then the only way to get tickets is through the travel club.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 18, 2017, 03:20:34 pm by Syme »
To get to the top end of the caps table for the travel club costs a fair whack. There's probably not much difference in cost between regularly totting up loyalty points by attending every qualifying game possible and paying black market prices at the time of the finals. But as you say, you just won't get in with the official fans if you do the latter.

When England were in Lisbon though, it looked like there was more England fans than Portugal fans - so you might end up surrounded by England fans anyway even if you do buy through unofficial channels.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 18, 2017, 05:51:33 pm by silent majority »
The travel club is at an all time low in terms of numbers though, so you won't have to be at the top end to ensure tickets for a finals. I haven't been at the top for a number of years and yet still get allocated tickets whenever I want them.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 18, 2017, 06:14:40 pm by Red wizard »
Do you still go alot of games Martin?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 18, 2017, 07:05:26 pm by Padge_DRFC »
How many are in the travel club? I noticed Scotland away didn't even sell out the other year as general sale wasn't allowed?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 18, 2017, 07:22:45 pm by silent majority »
Do you still go alot of games Martin?

I tend not to do Wembley any more because it's usually full of tourists. I still do the odd one but it depends who the opposition are. I pick and choose my away games depending on location and whether Ive been there before or not and so far still do all the tournament finals. After we lost in Nice to Iceland I declared my England career over and done, as did a lot of others, but I rejoined and have done a few since.

Looking forward to Malta away and Scotland!

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 18, 2017, 07:24:18 pm by German Rover »
Germany away will be a good one. The germans aren't taking it as seriously as we do so there'll be plenty of tickets. Looming forward to it, england coming to see me rather than the other way round

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 18, 2017, 07:26:37 pm by silent majority »
But it's a friendly yet again. And so is France away. We're getting boring playing the same teams.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it though especially as it's in Dortmund. Had to give my ticket up as it clashes with something else.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 18, 2017, 07:29:30 pm by silent majority »
How many are in the travel club? I noticed Scotland away didn't even sell out the other year as general sale wasn't allowed?

General sale is never allowed for England away games, it's travel club or nothing. I need to check numbers of the travel club but it is low.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 18, 2017, 07:43:52 pm by The Beast »
About 3 years ago I read something that said over the next year watch out for anti-Russian propaganda, since then I've heard nothing but this. The hidden hand is at work World War III is coming. Have my doubts that Kim Jung Un's brother was murdered by the North Koreans.
    I may get ridiculed for not towing the party line on this but who cares I am a Beast not a sheep.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 21, 2017, 08:31:57 pm by colincramb »
Basically, if somebody even offered me an all expenses paid trip to the World Cup for 2 weeks including spending money and a KGB security team I still wouldn't go

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 21, 2017, 09:13:16 pm by not on facebook »
Basically, if somebody even offered me an all expenses paid trip to the World Cup for 2 weeks including spending money and a KGB security team I still wouldn't go

I would have some of that for sure.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 22, 2017, 03:47:07 pm by balbyrover »
I'd love to go watch England in a big tournament.  Did plan on France last year but a combination of things ensured that was a no go!
It's certainly on my "to do" list though in the next 10 years. Definetly will be giving Russia a miss though,it'll be madness. Anybody with a brain should stay at home and watch it in a safer environment!

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 22, 2017, 04:40:14 pm by Syme »
Roll on USA 2026

TinyPortal © 2005-2012