Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:13:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BBC Propaganda 9pm tonight  (Read 8409 times)

bahrain rover

• Forum Member
Re: BBC Propaganda 9pm tonight
« Reply #60 on February 22, 2017, 05:32:02 pm by bahrain rover »
Qatar will be shocking, no entries on the pub finder app for that hell hole! There's only sand there  to build sand castles, not really a football fans idea of "having a good time "
I take it you have been?? I live out here. everyone will be fine and well lubricated!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bahrain rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 22, 2017, 05:36:09 pm by bahrain rover »
As England fans we've already been to both countries, Russia and Qatar, and both were a massive disappointment. As PDS mentioned earlier when we were there in 2007 the Cosmos Hotel was the centre of quite a lot of attention, from prostitutes (never seen so many!) and the local Moscow hooligans who had access to all the bars and reception areas. Random attacks took place all over the city, in bars, the metro and streets. But Moscow is such a dour and miserable place, service in restaurants non-existent, travel very complicated and accommodation lacking in any kind of quality.

Qatar a different proposition altogether, although still as disappointing. It has one city of any note and the only place to get a drink is in the major tourist hotels, hardly setting itself up as an attractive destination for a football tournament.

The BBC are very good at doing pre-tournament hooligan stories, they've done it before all recent tournaments, Brazil, Ukraine/Poland and South Africa, and yet they turned out to be wonderful and well worth the effort, especially South Africa which will remain with me forever.

France, a modern western democracy, provided one of the poorest tournaments I've ever attended. Not just the hooliganism in Marseilles but the whole approach from the authorities was poor and sadly lacking. In every venue they resorted to firing off tear gas as a first and only solution to all their problems. Seeing the picture on TV last night of the riots against the Police throughout the Paris region didn't surprise me one bit.

SM, To back up my other post. yes the bars are in hotels. But i tell you they knock the socks off any bar in Donny!!!Just be ready for the Chinese attention :whistle:

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 22, 2017, 06:26:04 pm by johnny rovers »
Qatar will be shocking, no entries on the pub finder app for that hell hole! There's only sand there  to build sand castles, not really a football fans idea of "having a good time "
I take it you have been?? I live out here. everyone will be fine and well lubricated!!

No I haven't been but I've had a lot of testimonies from people who have been along with manana in Bahrain. It's over ten pound a pint and the amount of rich Saudi men going over there to let there beards down by offering western men tens of thousands of pounds for sex is quite alarming!

I'm sure everyone would be fine but it's hardly a footballing pilgrimage is it, nor is it top of many westerners bucket list for places to visit before they die!

Plus, with the ever increasing likelihood that the tournament will be played in December, it's far from ideal is it!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:29:21 pm by johnny rovers »

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 22, 2017, 06:33:19 pm by johnny rovers »
As England fans we've already been to both countries, Russia and Qatar, and both were a massive disappointment. As PDS mentioned earlier when we were there in 2007 the Cosmos Hotel was the centre of quite a lot of attention, from prostitutes (never seen so many!) and the local Moscow hooligans who had access to all the bars and reception areas. Random attacks took place all over the city, in bars, the metro and streets. But Moscow is such a dour and miserable place, service in restaurants non-existent, travel very complicated and accommodation lacking in any kind of quality.

Qatar a different proposition altogether, although still as disappointing. It has one city of any note and the only place to get a drink is in the major tourist hotels, hardly setting itself up as an attractive destination for a football tournament.

The BBC are very good at doing pre-tournament hooligan stories, they've done it before all recent tournaments, Brazil, Ukraine/Poland and South Africa, and yet they turned out to be wonderful and well worth the effort, especially South Africa which will remain with me forever.

France, a modern western democracy, provided one of the poorest tournaments I've ever attended. Not just the hooliganism in Marseilles but the whole approach from the authorities was poor and sadly lacking. In every venue they resorted to firing off tear gas as a first and only solution to all their problems. Seeing the picture on TV last night of the riots against the Police throughout the Paris region didn't surprise me one bit.

SM, To back up my other post. yes the bars are in hotels. But i tell you they knock the socks off any bar in Donny!!!Just be ready for the Chinese attention :whistle:

I can just see it now,

"Hey, fellas, lets go up to the mezzanine of this hotel and drink in that bar, hope they've got some good guest ales on and see what the local talent is like"!!!!!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 22, 2017, 06:54:41 pm by not on facebook »
It's was piss easy to get free drinks whenever drinking in hotel bars especially if shit loads of england fans landed in same hotel aswell during the confusion and stress for the bar staff.

Recall one Chelsea champions league game in Brussels and we had all
just got into our hotel day before the game .must have been about 70 of us.

All checked and were sat down in the hotel bar having a couple of beers when the Fulham police all checked into the same hotel we was in.

As the Fulham old bill were all up in their rooms doing whatever Fulham old bill do in their rooms all the lads downstairs were drinking on two hotel bar rooms bar bill that was set up and left behind the bar.

Said two rooms were part of the Fulham police party that had just checked in.

We was all still sat downstairs on our 3rd or 4th bottles with no end of bowls of soup that went out as Fulham police walked throu and by us all all kitted out as Fulham olde bill.

The police could quite figure out why we was all laughing so much ,well not u till they Checked out in the morning.

" how many Stella's and what  is all these bowls of soup all about as Iam sure we never had no soup at all Sargent"

all you need is a name and room number that match

bahrain rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 24, 2017, 05:33:48 pm by bahrain rover »

No I haven't been but I've had a lot of testimonies from people who have been along with manana in Bahrain. It's over ten pound a pint and the amount of rich Saudi men going over there to let there beards down by offering western men tens of thousands of pounds for sex is quite alarming!

I'm sure everyone would be fine but it's hardly a footballing pilgrimage is it, nor is it top of many westerners bucket list for places to visit before they die!

Plus, with the ever increasing likelihood that the tournament will be played in December, it's far from ideal is it!

I have lived in Manama for the last 4 years!! never heard of or come across this!! 6 pound is the going rate for a pint of Stella, proportionate to most of Europe. Yes the Saudis escape here across the causeway to the bar at the end of the pier  :). But never have i hear or come across the propositions you say, most are w**kered on their 1st beer and just want to fight each other!! (this in its self is piss funny to watch)  I agree though with the temperature in July/August 50+ is normal, and not ideal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012