Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:30:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ref  (Read 5922 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Ref
« Reply #30 on February 18, 2017, 08:04:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He is always so inconsistent. Luton players were palling up to him and some of the blatant fouls he missed were made up for by nothing fouls generally in their direction.

How he is still officiating at this level is beyond me!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 18, 2017, 08:12:25 pm by idler »
He was allowing them to make contact with our players before the ball arrived on numerous occasions.
How the hell kicking the ball down the tunnel to waste time wasn't a yellow I don't know.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 18, 2017, 08:12:56 pm by drfchound »
Today it was as though the ref only saw one side committing offences.
The number of shoves and fouls by Luton players backing into our boys, especially by Hylton, that went unpunished was hard to accept.
When Hilton got "hurt" following the collision with Lawlor he stayed down to avoid getting booked because he went in trying to "do " to keeper.
To be fair, Hilton is a very good number nine, but he got away with murder today.
Also, how long did it take for the game to restart after their goal?
The add on time should have been 7 or 8 minutes.
Last week on tv a player got a second yellow for "celebrating too long" after scoring a last minute goal.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 18, 2017, 08:17:52 pm by Donnywolf »
I dont think I have EVER been as enraged during and after a game. The bloke was just an a******e of the highest order

He missed (or more likely ignored) the Alcock stiff arm assault after about 5 minutes and just fell apart after that. He tries to be "smart" and let the game flow but in truth he is an a*** and has not realised it DOES NOT work

What I cant get over is the 5 added minutes - wtf - it should have been 9 at least !

Then lets turn to the sly cynical f*****s we played against. When I was a lad the Players were men (literally) and now at 60 odd the Players are men too but most behaved like kids today. The number of sly kicks to poke the ball away to kill time - their Keeper missing a sidefoot pass to him at a goal kick which given he gets lets say 3000 a week he should have been able to stop - the t*** who clobbered the Ball down the Tunnel in NE corner - the throw ins that took forever to take and the Corners that took l-o-n-g-e-r than forever. Can the Ref not just say f*** you I will give a goal kick if you dont want a corner.

Deadmad cos Deadman is a Deadneck

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 18, 2017, 08:21:14 pm by Donnywolf »
He was allowing them to make contact with our players before the ball arrived on numerous occasions.
How the hell kicking the ball down the tunnel to waste time wasn't a yellow I don't know.

Also in the context of the game that Bluto alike (6) splattered Marquis from behind which looked like a Yellow. JM jumps up and tries to take a quick one and hey ho its blocked. Both Yellows with a "ref" rather than a f*****g idiot

Also he should have taken the opportunity to Yellow that piece of s*** that flattened Butler which MAY have stopped his antics but did not which allowed him to continue to run riot instead

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 18, 2017, 08:23:05 pm by idler »
Other than rovers 3-4 Portsmouth I'd agree about him being the worst ref. Wolfy
But second worst is still quite an accolade.

ballysbackin

« Reply #36 on February 19, 2017, 08:33:14 am by ballysbackin »
And Houghton may miss the rest of the season yet, due to the tosser letting it go

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 19, 2017, 08:39:31 am by Donnywolf »
The number of shoves and fouls by Luton players backing into our boys, especially by Hylton, that went unpunished was hard to accept.
When Hilton got "hurt" following the collision with Lawlor he stayed down to avoid getting booked because he went in trying to "do " to keeper.
To be fair, Hilton is a very good number nine, but he got away with murder today.
Last week on tv a player got a second yellow for "celebrating too long" after scoring a last minute goal.

Thats my other "crusade" - along with dont give the Ball back

Simply stop the game clock when a goal is scored then the scorers (quite often us this Season) can go through their pre planned celebrations / shake each others hands / shake all their fans hands / whatever they want

Then and ONLY then when the conceding Team kicks off again does the clock restart

I would also do the same for any Substitutions - stop the clock when the Play stops for someone to go off and only start it again as the new Player enters the field of play - but lets face it none of the three will ever catch on

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 19, 2017, 09:47:00 am by ravenrover »
And Houghton may miss the rest of the season yet, due to the tosser letting it go
Definitely a foul on Houghton but I think it was how he fell on his knee that did the damage, it happened right in front of me and his knee twisted as it hit the ground JMHO

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 19, 2017, 09:58:28 am by idler »
We were near as well raven.
I said straight away that it looked a bad one.
A twisted knee finished my playing. It will be painful and take some healing.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 19, 2017, 10:00:51 am by RedJ »

Thats my other "crusade" - along with dont give the Ball back

Simply stop the game clock when a goal is scored then the scorers (quite often us this Season) can go through their pre planned celebrations / shake each others hands / shake all their fans hands / whatever they want

Then and ONLY then when the conceding Team kicks off again does the clock restart

I would also do the same for any Substitutions - stop the clock when the Play stops for someone to go off and only start it again as the new Player enters the field of play - but lets face it none of the three will ever catch on

Or just give the scoring team 30 seconds to get set then allow the other side to kick off regardless. It'd soon cut out the fannying about.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 19, 2017, 10:14:34 am by Donnywolf »
Was saying similar for the Corners yesterday that they eventually took . Wish Refs had power to say ok youve wasted enough time. Goal Kick - whether its us that do it or the oppos

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 19, 2017, 02:46:51 pm by idler »
Graham Westley is moaning about Trevor Kettle after yesterday's game.
A match made in heaven.
Steve Evans sent to the stands as well.
There might be a little justice after all.😊

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 19, 2017, 04:07:59 pm by Campsall rover »
Yes I noticed Westley didn't moan about the ref in our game.
Surprise surprise.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 19, 2017, 04:12:31 pm by Campsall rover »
I tel you this though DF has done remarkably well to keep his cool after the last 3 refs we have had.
His Dad would have gone ballistic.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 19, 2017, 04:30:56 pm by Filo »
I tel you this though DF has done remarkably well to keep his cool after the last 3 refs we have had.

Do you see Fergie on the touchline yesterday?

He was going mental, and Strachs was as well

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 19, 2017, 05:26:41 pm by Campsall rover »

Do you see Fergie on the touchline yesterday?

He was going mental, and Strachs was as well
Yes I know but he hasn't mentioned the refs in any of his post match interviews. He is obviously wanting to stay out of trouble.
Would be interesting to see his written report though as I think they still do those as far as I am aware.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 19, 2017, 07:54:09 pm by idler »
He mentioned yesterday's.
DF said that we got no protection and the elbow by Hylton on JM needs looking at.
He said that Hylton looked where JM was before swinging the elbow.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 19, 2017, 07:58:50 pm by drfchound »
A la Chris Morgan on James Hayter

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 19, 2017, 09:28:41 pm by ravenrover »
Was that the one in the second half after the ball had been cleared and JM was left in a heap? Wondered what black arts had gone off

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 19, 2017, 10:07:07 pm by balbyrover »
There needs to be stronger disciplinary action on these elbows that we see in the game. They seem to be happening more and more.
If deemed deliberate there needs to be a heavier punishment for the offender.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 19, 2017, 10:40:09 pm by Filo »
There needs to be stronger disciplinary action on these elbows that we see in the game. They seem to be happening more and more.

Hylton would get a life sentence for the amount of elbows he did yesterday

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 19, 2017, 10:47:37 pm by balbyrover »

I wasn't at the match so can't comment on that.
But my point was that it's becoming more and more frequent within the game. I understand that in some cases there are accidents and unfortunate incidents but if there is blatant evidence that a player is doing it intentionally then they need to be hit hard. Big suspensions, big fines. Make them think

ballysbackin

« Reply #53 on February 20, 2017, 11:11:22 am by ballysbackin »

Also their number 44 at the back

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 20, 2017, 03:50:52 pm by ZiggerZagger »
It's quite easy to stop all this off the ball elbow stuff. Instant 10 game ban. 2nd offence 20 game ban. That'll hurt them in the long run with the clubs fining the players for not being able to play. As most of the time the refs don't see it so look at video evidence.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 20, 2017, 04:46:56 pm by keith79 »
do we have any video evidence of this elbow.

ballysbackin

« Reply #56 on February 20, 2017, 06:08:11 pm by ballysbackin »
I do not know about video but me and my two mates sat in SE corner, rows f and g had a totally unblocked view of the total incident...It was also his queue when he ran at Lawlor with studs up bumping into him, Lawlor ignored him and he stayed down until Ref stopped play with us in possession in their half when he got up. Then they kicked the ball back to Lawlor on restart. I do not know if Lawlor actually tapped him on the head to ensure he was alright or on the chin for trying it on but it was only then did ref stop play

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 20, 2017, 07:13:51 pm by drfchound »
HYlton also crashed into Lawlor in the second half Bally and he came off second best that time too.
Both times he was rolling around as if shot.

ballysbackin

« Reply #58 on February 21, 2017, 02:29:06 pm by ballysbackin »
Pity he had not been ha ha  :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 21, 2017, 02:49:31 pm by wing commander »
   I wish they would make the referee's assessment report public..It would be a interesting read...Deadman is normally known as a card happy ref but he failed to make the second group of refs list which makes you wonder is he's taking a more lenient view these days to get on that...He let them get away with murder most of the game although I still think our midfield allowed them to bully us far to much...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012