Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:33:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Now THATS a great point.  (Read 4072 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Now THATS a great point.
« on February 18, 2017, 05:31:20 pm by Copps is Magic »
Because Luton were extremely competitive, physical, and noticeably bigger and pacier than us. Both teams lacked quality in terms of finishing. I didn't quite understand why Wright wasn't on the pitch instead of Mason in that regard.

I didn't think we looked like scoring until the pocket rocket, mini-Beckham came on. What a moment for the lad. Looks hungry, and looks comfortable on the ball.

Marquis' worst game for the club and Williams not in the game (once again).

I came away thinking 'great point' - shows the spirit to stop a potential slump.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Now THATS a great point.
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2017, 05:34:44 pm by Filo »
Williams needs to be taken out of the team, it's getting to him not scoring

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2017, 05:36:40 pm by BobG »
Thanks CiM. I had to listen to Player today. Those comments very succinctly summarise what the commentators were saying. I suspect, tbh, that we've had to work bloody hard this last 4 matches for the scraps that we've managed to get. We've certainly gone off the boil but the spirit has shone through. Bloody helpful that Plymouth seem determined to match us result for result too :)

Cheers

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2017, 05:39:16 pm by Filo »
Thanks CiM. I had to listen to Player today. Those comments very succinctly summarise what the commentators were saying. I suspect, tbh, that we've had to work bloody hard this last 4 matches for the scraps that we've managed to get. We've certainly gone off the boil but the spirit has shone through. Bloody helpful that Plymouth seem determined to match us result for result too :)

Cheers

BobG

Not bothered what Plymouth or Carlisle do at the moment, lets get top three wrapped up first

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2017, 05:41:37 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Williams just looks truly awful right now. He needs dropping and I'd bring Mcsheffrey in. We've got so many attacking midfielders now which is good.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2017, 05:41:49 pm by dknward2 »
Thought williams and marquis battled hard but got no help from the ref or linos.
When Jordan went off i expected may to come on then and play 433.

Battled hard against a strong side and poor ref good point.

Shame Williams couldnt get the ball over the line in the first half if we had scored first i would expect us to win that

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2017, 05:42:16 pm by mushRTID »
Agree now is the time for Williams to step aside. This is no time for passengers.

Also thought Luton looked good and wouldn't be surprised to see them sneak into the top 3.

Referees an absolute disgrace.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2017, 05:45:40 pm by Copps is Magic »
There were times when big John was berating himself in the 2nd half for his poor passing (don't know if anyone else saw it?). And his passing really was terrible today. Then in the last 20 minutes I thought he lost his rag a bit and was giving away easy fouls. I love the fella but we need to see sly, winding players up, Marquis, his mentality seems a bit downbeat at the moment.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2017, 05:48:37 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Tommy Rowe was totally ineffective out on the left wing.  Refused to take a man on, just pulled up and played it back every time.

Great through-ball by McSheffrey for the goal and well taken by Alfie.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2017, 05:55:27 pm by esdailles left foot »
Any team that shouts for the BNP are a disgrace

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2017, 06:25:19 pm by RedJ »
I didn't realise Grant was playing until he took a few set pieces late on. Completely anonymous, other than the assist of course...

so I'll let him off.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 06:33:40 pm by RedJ »

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2017, 06:27:58 pm by CJK »
A well ground out point in the end against a bent referee, a big physical side intent on bullying and when we're still not firing 100%. They were a big side intent on stamping their mark on the game and they front three looked dangerous in the second half without really doing anything.

Their goal came about from the player beating two of our men before the move developed and ended with the goal, easily avoidable.

Pleasing for May, good to see McS and the last fifteen minutes were probably our best. Plenty of good points, but still plenty to work on as we go into the run in.

Final word reserved for Mr Deadman - give it up pal. Utterly utterly useless.

ballysbackin

« Reply #12 on February 18, 2017, 06:45:53 pm by ballysbackin »
Now next week..Luton v Plymouth  hot hot hot.. AS for shouting for the BNP, it is well known that Luton is extremely volatile and there are more different religions, colours and creed than anywhere else in the country and it is a hotbed of racism  So perhaps it was just the average white British trying to wind some others up. I do not care to try to understand anything south

ballysbackin

« Reply #13 on February 18, 2017, 06:47:06 pm by ballysbackin »
A well ground out point in the end against a bent referee, a big physical side intent on bullying and when we're still not firing 100%. They were a big side intent on stamping their mark on the game and they front three looked dangerous in the second half without really doing anything.

Their goal came about from the player beating two of our men before the move developed and ended with the goal, easily avoidable.

Pleasing for May, good to see McS and the last fifteen minutes were probably our best. Plenty of good points, but still plenty to work on as we go into the run in.

Final word reserved for Mr Deadman - give it up pal. Utterly utterly useless.

YES your third line.

But he was on the floor with two Donny players stood over him straight infront of the dug outs.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 18, 2017, 07:01:10 pm by Draytonian III »
" BNP" shouts ?????

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 18, 2017, 08:29:48 pm by StocktonRover »
Get yer ears checked fella

BNP was actually LTFC (Eltee eff cee)
Sounds similar in that soft southern Jessie accent but subtly different 😏

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 18, 2017, 10:12:25 pm by Pancho Regan »
Any team that shouts for the BNP are a disgrace

Did I miss something?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 19, 2017, 02:44:26 am by Lifelong supporter »
Tommy Rowe was totally ineffective out on the left wing.  Refused to take a man on, just pulled up and played it back every time.

Great through-ball by McSheffrey for the goal and well taken by Alfie.

It was Conor Grant's final pass after McSheffrey's tackle had won the ball.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012