Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:07:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mcsheffrey  (Read 6692 times)

redbrez

• VSC Member
Mcsheffrey
« on February 18, 2017, 05:58:10 pm by redbrez »
Biggest posotive , I thought he changed the game

Marquis got marked out the game

And I thought grant and wroe werent in the game

Grant doesn't look the same player to me,
And can we have meet the owners at a later date next season ,always seems to relate with us having a wobble
And Alcock my mom too.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 06:04:57 pm by redbrez »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
Re: Mcsheffrey
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2017, 06:01:01 pm by Prez »
Glad someone else has made the point on Grant. Doesn't seem as effective with us this season. Hope I get to be proved wrong in due course.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2017, 06:07:02 pm by Cramby10 »
Thank god it's not just me too. Was going to ask the question about him being good enough and had my tin hat at the ready. Just doesn't do it for me at all. Picked up from where he left off last season.
Really frustrated me in last few mins when he had chance to shoot but played an awful ball to marquis instead. Then the free kick at the death was asking to be leathered at that keeper, who imo was shit, but instead but another floated nothing ball into the box where we hadn't won a single header all day.
Mcsheffrey should've had it really. Best dead ball player at the club.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2017, 06:08:31 pm by Lesonthewest »
Looked really good when he came on, they doubled up on Marquis & gave him no space at all, Williams was totally ineffective & when he did turn his man just ran with his head down & lost possession, give May a go now, maybe a spell on the bench will do him good, got my doubts though.

ballysbackin

« Reply #4 on February 18, 2017, 06:09:00 pm by ballysbackin »
I said last week Mc Sheffrey was worth a goal, and there we are, run them ragged

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2017, 06:36:30 pm by keith79 »
marquis looks injured to me

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2017, 06:43:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sums up my thoughts on Grant and Rowe. However both Grant and Coppinger committed the cardinal sin of not shooting when in the ideal position. Just gets my goat that pro footballers don't take these chances. Their player who scored didn't wait for a second invitation did he!

Positives are that May and McSheffrey could be the tonic we need to freshen things up. These next four games could seal it.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2017, 06:54:12 pm by GazLaz »
I said it about Grant after 2 games. Not really had an impact at all.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2017, 07:17:18 pm by Alickismyhero »
Just had a look at our goal today and it looked like McS won the tackle with the ball running to Grant, he put a perfectly weighted ball through to May who put it away brilliantly. I cant make any accurate comment about Grants recent performances but that was a great bit of impact play for me by Grant.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2017, 07:59:27 pm by Bezza »
Mcsheffrey and Alfie May had a big impact when coming on, we were looking a bit stale until they came on, and once we get Mandeville back we will have good options, just going through a little blip we will be back to winning ways next week.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2017, 08:44:32 pm by drfchound »
Sums up my thoughts on Grant and Rowe. However both Grant and Coppinger committed the cardinal sin of not shooting when in the ideal position. Just gets my goat that pro footballers don't take these chances. Their player who scored didn't wait for a second invitation did he!

Positives are that May and McSheffrey could be the tonic we need to freshen things up. These next four games could seal it.

The time that Copps dribbled through into a shooting position, I also expected him to have a go.
However his pass to Williams wrong footed the whole defence and AW's shot was a couple of inches away from being a goal.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2017, 08:52:11 pm by Campsall rover »
To say he hasn't had an impact is nonsense. What I would say is he is reuctant to shoot when given the opportunity, unlike last season.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 18, 2017, 09:33:40 pm by Pancho Regan »
Great to see McSheffrey back in action and I was a little disappointed he didn't get a bigger reception when he came on.

He looked sharp and it reminded me what we've been missing. I said to my daughter, who's not seen him play before, it was like making a new signing for our promotion run-in.

ballysbackin

« Reply #13 on February 19, 2017, 08:37:17 am by ballysbackin »

Yes Hound it did and any other player may have scored, the total team and Marquis especially have been trying to gift Williams a goal for his confidence..Not happening... THe result is what matters not a players confidence.

The time that Copps dribbled through into a shooting position, I also expected him to have a go.
However his pass to Williams wrong footed the whole defence and AW's shot was a couple of inches away from being a goal.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 19, 2017, 11:11:39 am by dickos1 »
Grant hasn't been anything special but he made an impact in yesterday's game by playing Alfie in for the goal

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 19, 2017, 01:56:28 pm by glosterred »
Good to see McSheffery back and playing but I'm not sure he's ready to do a full 90 minutes yet. But should be good for 60 minutes in place of Houghton.

Thought May looked lively when he came and took his chance really well, did not look out of place. I'd start him against Stanley on Saturday in place of AW, who has struggled in the last few weeks/games

COYR

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 19, 2017, 02:01:31 pm by balbyrover »
Don't think McSheffery will be rushed back into it. There is no reason to risk injury. Give him a few substitute cameos and fetch him back in to the fold for the final 10 games or so.
He's a very good player but the last thing we or even he will want is to aggravate the injury.(even more so at his age)

It must've been very frustrating for him this season though. He was one of the few positives from last season.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 19, 2017, 02:30:32 pm by RedJ »
Where is this idea that Gary McSheffrey, winger/striker, can play as a holding midfielder coming from all of a sudden?...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 19, 2017, 02:50:26 pm by Campsall rover »
Sorry some people  not thinking straight if they thing McSheffrey can do Houghton's job. Two completely different players.
Also DF states McSheffrey is not even match fit enough to do 45 mins yet, let alone 90

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 19, 2017, 02:51:17 pm by idler »
Good to see McSheffery back and playing but I'm not sure he's ready to do a full 90 minutes yet. But should be good for 60 minutes in place of Houghton.

Thought May looked lively when he came and took his chance really well, did not look out of place. I'd start him against Stanley on Saturday in place of AW, who has struggled in the last few weeks/games

COYR
DF said that GM can't really manage a longer stint than he did yesterday due to fitness. Hopefully that will improve week on week.
His experience will come in very handy.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 19, 2017, 07:28:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Looks likely Middleton will replace Houghton. I thought he did ok when he came on.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 19, 2017, 08:07:20 pm by drfchound »
Middleton or Keegan for the Houghton role.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 19, 2017, 08:16:24 pm by Filo »
Middleton or Keegan for the Houghton role.

Mason, bring Joe Wright into the back three and play Mason there, in my opinion he'd be a better player there

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 19, 2017, 08:20:44 pm by drfchound »
That could also work Filo and I had considered it too.
However I am hoping that we play a back four.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 19, 2017, 08:43:57 pm by glosterred »
Rowe for the Houghton role and McSheffery out wide in the Rowe role for the first 60 mins the. Middleton on for McSheffery he takes over from Rowe and Rowe moves out wide

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 19, 2017, 08:47:33 pm by Filo »
Rowe for the Houghton role and McSheffery out wide in the Rowe role for the first 60 mins the. Middleton on for McSheffery he takes over from Rowe and Rowe moves out wide

COYR
Never!

Rowe needs to be used in an attacking role, Either wingback, out left in midfield orbehind a front 3, no way on earth is Rowe a holding midfielder

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 19, 2017, 08:54:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He's been played there by his previous clubs before.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 19, 2017, 09:01:03 pm by i_ateallthepies »
And based on yesterday's performance Filo, no way is Rowe a wing back.  Flatly refused to take a man on, every time he just pulled up and passed it back to Mason.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 19, 2017, 09:43:21 pm by balbyrover »
He's been played there by his previous clubs before.

He has and he is nowhere near as effective in that role. 
You can't have talented players like Rowe,Coppinger,Grant and play them out of position.
It is a massive waste of talent.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 19, 2017, 10:12:26 pm by selby »
Mason has made as many mistakes as Evina this season, without the criticism from the fans.
   It is funny how one gets it in the neck for every mistake, or bad cross,but there has not been much said about Masons poor defending, and the attempted clearance that have cost us two goals against in the last two games.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012