Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:59:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Giving the Ball back ...  (Read 2442 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Giving the Ball back ...
« on February 18, 2017, 08:32:53 pm by Donnywolf »
... please please please. It has gone on long enough.

Let our Manager tell the opposition*** that whenever one of their Players go down either injured or pretending to be injured and the Ref does not stop the game as he deems the injury not serious - that if the opposition then kick the ball out be it for a throw in / goal kick that WE will not be giving them the ball back

This started as a sporting gesture and was good while it lasted - now it is little more than a p*** take and a way to kill time and if we started it the opposition would follow suit - and the rest of the EFL and Premiership would follow suit

*** We should start as soon as possible and tell the Ref / the opposition Manager / and the opposition Fans via the Programme so nobody is in any doubt

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Giving the Ball back ...
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2017, 08:35:36 pm by drfchound »
Agreed Wolfe, it happens far too often and teams use it as a tactic now to run the clock down.
The add on time today should have been at least eight minutes.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2017, 09:39:25 pm by Pancho Regan »
Agree completely

ballysbackin

« Reply #3 on February 19, 2017, 08:34:44 am by ballysbackin »
Agreed Wolfe, it happens far too often and teams use it as a tactic now to run the clock down.

But certain managers then tell their team to let Bury have a walk in goal WHICH DID relegate us points wise

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 19, 2017, 02:58:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Agreed DW, it's a no brainer for me, though I see it as something that players feel they need to do because one day it might be them lying on the pitch with a ripped ligament or something - poor reasoning IMO.

I think unless there is something truly catastrophic, the player should be carted off on a stretcher, any attention needed given at the side of the pitch, and play continued around all this.

ballysbackin

« Reply #5 on February 19, 2017, 03:52:01 pm by ballysbackin »
The FA would love that one

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 19, 2017, 04:00:58 pm by roversdude »
DW I agree it is getting ridiculous and also becoming a "professional ploy"

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 19, 2017, 04:59:16 pm by Donnywolf »
Cheers .... I am glad to get a positive reaction but just wonder if we as a Club can "move it on now" ?

I just think unless the Ref stops the game for what he perceives as a serious injury (in which case we will give the ball back) we make it clear that we WONT be giving the ball back but retaining possession so we are not doubly punished.

As I said this was introduced as a "nice gesture / a sporting thing to do" but it has now run its course and should be dona away with and WE could be the pioneers. Having said that if we told our next opponents of our stance - they would immediately say ok we will do the same. The whole thing would collapse like a House of Cards

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 19, 2017, 06:26:28 pm by VivaRovers »

But certain managers then tell their team to let Bury have a walk in goal WHICH DID relegate us points wise

I think with 45 games still to play at that point, it'd be somewhat desperate to pin relegation on that incident.
I still believe Dickov did exactly the right thing in allowing Bury to equalise; regardless of the (very) long term outcome.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 19, 2017, 08:11:56 pm by drfchound »
Agreed DW, it's a no brainer for me, though I see it as something that players feel they need to do because one day it might be them lying on the pitch with a ripped ligament or something - poor reasoning IMO.

I think unless there is something truly catastrophic, the player should be carted off on a stretcher, any attention needed given at the side of the pitch, and play continued around all this.

It is always the case that the so called injured player takes ages to be treated then hobbles to the side of the pitch.
Immediately the game restarts he is waved back onto the pitch and sprints after the ball. Effectively he doesn't miss any of the match.
If the treatment had to be administered off the pitch while the game continued this would help to stop the play acting.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:21:53 pm by drfchound »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 19, 2017, 08:15:27 pm by idler »
As in ruby treat them On the pitch and let the game go on.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 19, 2017, 09:31:42 pm by ravenrover »
And on come the Kaiser Chiefs!
Fully agree play continues as player receives treatment

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 19, 2017, 10:28:48 pm by idler »
G thanks Raven.😉

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 19, 2017, 10:51:36 pm by balbyrover »

Understand a lot of people have a opinion on Dickov,but I really don't think that he should be getting flack for that.
Whilst it's frustrating that we did get relegated in the manner we did,I don't think that one moment is the one that we should look back on. We were relegated because throughout the course of the season we weren't good enough.

I think the majority of teams would have done the same given the circumstances.  It just seemed the right and moral thing to do.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012