Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:48:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stupid Banners on seating  (Read 5814 times)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
Stupid Banners on seating
« on February 20, 2017, 10:49:50 pm by WheatleyRover »
When are the club going to remove the ridiculous banners covering up seats in the stadium, its embarrassing, its like they are trying to cover up and hide there is not as many fans in the ground, they seem pointless and dont need to be there, please remove them!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re: Stupid Banners on seating
« Reply #1 on February 20, 2017, 10:59:12 pm by not on facebook »
Sometimes these banners that cover up seats are put in place to help
crowd segregation or crowd control.

Look at the Blackburn v man utd game on Sunday as all the ground was sold out with the Blackburn home section in the stand along the side of the pitch having said seats blocked off with banners in the corner nearest the united fans.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 20, 2017, 11:07:34 pm by RedJ »
Christ you know things are going well when people moan about pointless shit like this.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 21, 2017, 03:19:05 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Kiosks are the usual when things are going well-how are the chip portions big enough?.

MEGA1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 21, 2017, 07:34:21 am by MEGA1879 »
I agree in the east stand let the fans spread out up to level of the fans in the west!!! 👍

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 21, 2017, 10:40:36 am by MrFrost »
There's back netting segregating the south stand from the rest of the stadium. Pretty pointless

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 21, 2017, 10:58:27 am by bobjimwilly »
There's back netting segregating the south stand from the rest of the stadium. Pretty pointless

The club would probably argue it's to stop people buying cheap seats then moving to east/west stand, although I would say the stewards used to stop people doing that and it seemed to work fine.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 21, 2017, 10:58:49 am by GazLaz »

Isn't that to stop people paying south stand rates and moving round to a more expensive seat? There is probably a point to it.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 21, 2017, 11:04:02 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Probably more a safety rule to reduce stewards etc. It's hardly like we have demand for these seats...

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 21, 2017, 11:18:17 am by the vicar »
Probably more a safety rule to reduce stewards etc. It's hardly like we have demand for these seats...
people I know used to sit in the south West corner and loved it but they don't go now cos they had to move to somewhere they dint want to go as they had been there since day 1 and had made loads of friends there, and they were all getting split up

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 21, 2017, 11:20:35 am by GazLaz »
people I know used to sit in the south West corner and loved it but they don't go now cos they had to move to somewhere they dint want to go as they had been there since day 1 and had made loads of friends there, and they were all getting split up

Why don't they all sit together in the south stand?

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 21, 2017, 11:25:53 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

It's about three columns....

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 21, 2017, 11:51:56 am by the vicar »

they don't think it is worth the bother and they liked sitting where they did, so said sod it but the club are in a position where they can throw fans away

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 21, 2017, 11:58:04 am by DaveDRFC »
I used to sit in the part of the East Stand that has now been given over to the away fans, didn't bother me in the slightest when they made me move. If you can be put off going to football by having to sit in a slightly different place then you can't really like football very much!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 21, 2017, 06:37:05 pm by Padge_DRFC »

These people sound pathetic if that's why they don't go. Must be right hard selecting from the 1000 empty seats in the south stand

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 21, 2017, 09:44:25 pm by CrippyCooke »

they don't think it is worth the bother and they liked sitting where they did, so said sod it but the club are in a position where they can throw fans away

Sounds very precious. You get a fine view anywhere in the stadium and I'm sure "friends" are able to collaborate to ensure they're sat together if they wish.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 21, 2017, 10:34:13 pm by glosterred »
No doubt they, well some of them, will be removed once there is enough demand for tickets to fill them.

COYR

ballysbackin

« Reply #17 on February 21, 2017, 10:37:44 pm by ballysbackin »
I think that when the game is played against Plymouth and on tv, a large one should be draped across a block of empty seats saying " DRINK DRIVING RUINS LIVES - THINK BEFORE YOU DRINK". Big enough to be seen by all the players on the pitch  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 22, 2017, 07:40:36 am by IDM »
There are cat B seats at the cheaper rate in the west stand from the penalty area ish back towards the corner..

ballysbackin

« Reply #19 on February 22, 2017, 08:17:38 am by ballysbackin »
Well if it was to be done even a goal keeper would be able to make it out clearly.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 22, 2017, 09:49:04 am by the vicar »
I used to sit in the part of the East Stand that has now been given over to the away fans, didn't bother me in the slightest when they made me move. If you can be put off going to football by having to sit in a slightly different place then you can't really like football very much!
Good job we are not all the same then, you are not them so you cant speak for them

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 22, 2017, 09:51:40 am by the vicar »
and for your information they was all long time fans just don't like being pushed around  and told where they can and can't sit

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 22, 2017, 10:19:17 am by Iberian Red »
Good job we are not all the same then, you are not them so you cant speak for them

Yet you can?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 22, 2017, 04:19:46 pm by idler »
To be fair Iberian I would imagine is basing his statement on comments made by or conversations with the fans in question.

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 22, 2017, 05:13:55 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
and for your information they was all long time fans just don't like being pushed around  and told where they can and can't sit

Petty, in my opinion, but there we go. Some people are weird.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 22, 2017, 05:41:02 pm by the vicar »

Yet you can?
You cant speak for anyone else there point is not yours  so dont give me that high and mighty rubbish

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 22, 2017, 09:08:07 pm by bobjimwilly »
I have sympathies with those fans who weren't consulted before being forced to move, but that lack of communication was overseen by a different marketing manager. If your mates are loyal fans I'm sure they could give the club a second chance and move across a few seats? On the south stand side of the netting there's always plenty of free seats in that corner.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 22, 2017, 09:39:37 pm by WheatleyRover »
It seems we only occupy half of the stadium now, i bet they will give the away fans part of the west stand soon, lets just all cram in the south stand and let the away fans have the rest of the stadium.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 22, 2017, 09:46:55 pm by RedJ »
Don't be daft. Nobody's making that point.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 22, 2017, 09:55:16 pm by Campsall rover »
It seems we only occupy half of the stadium now, i bet they will give the away fans part of the west stand soon, lets just all cram in the south stand and let the away fans have the rest of the stadium.
That is quite frankly a ridiculous comment.
Surely everyone must agree the atmosphere is much improved now there are more people in the south stand.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012