Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:20:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Houghton out for season  (Read 10818 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Houghton out for season
« on February 21, 2017, 08:56:15 am by roversdude »
Any news on the lads injury ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Houghton
« Reply #1 on February 21, 2017, 09:20:39 am by GazLaz »
No.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 21, 2017, 09:40:47 am by wing commander »
DF didn't sound to hopeful did he,sounds a bad one...He didn't have a good game on Saturday but he has been excellent for us and boy are we going to miss him....

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 21, 2017, 11:27:52 am by The Red Baron »
I doubt they will be able to do a scan for a day or two. There is also the issue that Chelsea may want to handle the medical side of things given it is a potentially serious injury.

I have to say my initial thoughts were either torn meniscus (aka cartilage) or ligament(s). I reckon either would end his season.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 21, 2017, 12:17:14 pm by Copps is Magic »
Can someone on twitter prompt one of the FP guys to ask the question? Massive blow this if serious, a great player.

donnyguy61

« Reply #5 on February 21, 2017, 01:00:04 pm by donnyguy61 »
Just asked Paul Goodwin he says not heard anything as of yet

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 21, 2017, 01:11:17 pm by roversdude »
Thanks guys
Would be a big loss to us

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 21, 2017, 03:33:20 pm by steve@dcfd »
From DRFC Facebook

NEWS | Jordan Houghton has returned to Chelsea for assessment on the knee injury suffered during Saturday's draw with Luton Town.

Rovers would like to wish Jordan well in his recovery from the injury, and thank him for the key role he has played for us this term.

Rovers manager Darren Ferguson said: “He has been so important in terms of how we want to play. He has been outstanding, has improved as the season has gone one, wants to learn and is a great lad on top of that.

“We’re all disappointed for him as he has done so well for us. We spoke to him as a group on Tuesday and everyone wished him all the best.”

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
Houghton out for season
« Reply #8 on February 21, 2017, 03:34:14 pm by CrippyCooke »
He has returned to Chelsea for treatment for a knee injury. A very significant blow.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 21, 2017, 03:36:52 pm by GazLaz »
It's a shame but we haven't had a bad run with injuries this season.

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Houghton out for season
« Reply #10 on February 21, 2017, 03:39:12 pm by wing commander »
   I think we all had resigned ourselves to this after hearing DF's initial reaction on Saturday...Such a shame he couldn't see the job through with us till the end but lets hope if we do manage to get the job done he's invited back for the celebrations..big loss for us that's for sure...

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 21, 2017, 03:40:36 pm by roversdude »
Really Gaz I think we've had a shocking season injury wise, just most were at start

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 21, 2017, 03:42:34 pm by roversdude »
Being an optimist it doesn't actually say he is out for season

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 21, 2017, 03:43:06 pm by Dare to dream! »
McCullough still out for the remainder of the season? Big chance for Middleton now.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 21, 2017, 03:43:08 pm by steve@dcfd »
Darren Ferguson's reaction to the disappointing news Jordan Houghton is out for the season #DRFC doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football…

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/breaking-doncaster-rovers-midfielder-jordan-houghton-out-for-the-season-1-8401933
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:45:57 pm by steve@dcfd »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 21, 2017, 03:43:15 pm by RoversAlias »
Probably one of the worst positions to lose our first choice player in. Houghton has done a job that nobody else in this squad seems able to match. Who fills the void now? I expect Fergie has some re-shaping of his team to do. The likes of Middleton, Keegan and McSheffrey will all be wanting to push for a starting berth in a new-look midfield now Houghton has gone down.

Tom-RTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 21, 2017, 03:44:04 pm by Tom-RTID »
Middleton deserves the chance to step in, looked good lately when he's come on.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 21, 2017, 03:46:10 pm by roversdude »
Keegan would stifle us

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 21, 2017, 03:47:49 pm by RoversAlias »
According to Liam Hoden the contenders to replace him are Keegan, Middleton, Baudry and Mason.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 21, 2017, 03:53:22 pm by wing commander »
  Big thanks to Jordan...Fantastic for us and gutted for him...Reading the Free Press article lets hops its not medial ligaments...The lad must be gutted after the effort he's put in...It's a cruel game at times...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 21, 2017, 03:57:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's bad news this.

The attacking players have got the headlines this season but they're allowed to do what they do because of Houghton. Watch the lad, when on the ball he rarely loses the ball. He plays simple balls when simple balls need to be played.

We play well when hes playing well. It is typically against the bigger more physical teams (Mansfield and Luton as examples) where he's less effective.

People saying 'aah well, someone just needs to step into that position'

Its clearly, very clearly, not as simple as that. Look at last season and how we suffered and how much better we looked when McCullough was playing well in that position.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 21, 2017, 04:01:47 pm by wing commander »
    Your bang on there Copps it's the biggest positional loss we could have,no doubt the lads got a huge future in the game..But we have to do something and for me I would give Mason a go first as his position can be covered without to much disruption and it might suit him better...

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 21, 2017, 04:05:16 pm by roversdude »
Big boots to fill

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 21, 2017, 04:06:39 pm by NickDRFC »
Difficult one really, although not for lack of options.

1. Put Mason in there (although that's based on an excellent 45 minutes at Notts County rather than anything else), but that would mean Evina getting back into the side or Alcock at LB and Blair at RB. Would probably be my favoured option if we had a half decentr LB to step in.

2. Baudry has been mentioned, but the defence looks far more solid with him in it and I'd be wary of changing that.

3. Keegan - I've heard his legs have gone/would stifle the team etc but surely he could do a ST job? If he can't, why is he still at the club.

4. Middleton - I've not seen a lot of him this season but thought he changed the game when he came on at Mansfield. Probably a good chance for him to come in and stake a claim but he had a poor season last year mostly playing from deep, and from what I've seen/heard he has had a bit more licence when coming on this season (definitely that was the case at Mansfield).

5. McSheffrey - not sure why his name is even being mentioned. Sure, we could shuffle the midfield, but which of Coppinger, Rowe or Grant are going to come and sit tight and have anywhere near the influence that Houghton has had?

Tough call for sure...

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 21, 2017, 04:12:12 pm by PDX_Rover »
That's a hammer blow at a critical time. We have cover and I think we will be ok but you couldn't f**king script it could you? Would love to see Houghton back permanently. Excellent player who often goes unnoticed.

ballysbackin

« Reply #25 on February 21, 2017, 04:12:20 pm by ballysbackin »
I am not totally sure on this but I believe he may well have played enough games to get a medal should we be promoted,  I also hope we get him back next season but was reading earlier in season that Luke Mc was destined for that position. I do hope it is Houghton.  Speedy recovery and best wishes to the lad, well played J H> well played indeed. Thank you

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 21, 2017, 04:13:34 pm by steve@dcfd »
I'm with wing commander big loss to the midfield again I would putvMason there. He has played the postion before in AV U 21's.

If we play Three then Baudry Butler Alcock
If we play Four then Blair Baudry Butler Alcock

We will have Lund available beginning of March if DF wants him.
ATS should be available in March if he's not had a setback.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 21, 2017, 04:14:36 pm by drfchound »
I dont see what the problem would be with playing Keegan in the JH role.
Why would he stifle us?
His job is to pick up loose balls and give them to the attacking players and be cover for the back line.
Last season he was in a side which was clearly struggling to win a game and to be fair he didn't get much stick from the fans, in fact he was regularly praised.
Not many of our players were stand out good last season but in the current team he could do a decent job.

ballysbackin

« Reply #28 on February 21, 2017, 04:14:51 pm by ballysbackin »
Lund was substituted after 75 at Wrexham on Saturday but I do not know any reason. hopefully not injury, he has had enough this year

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 21, 2017, 04:16:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Yeah, it's a bit silly McSheffreys name keeps popping up. When 1. He's not fit and 2. He's an attacking player which would leave us lop sided. No way would McSheffrey come in.

I don't see it being Mason because we'd then lack cover on the left, for me it'll be Middleton to start at the weekend, this is him having the chance Mandeville got earlier in the season, step up now or that's it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012