Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reverse arguments  (Read 1564 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Reverse arguments
« on February 21, 2017, 10:59:10 am by Copps is Magic »
Example;

I was sat half way down the South Stand on Saturday and couldn't hear the West stand at all.

Any more?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Reverse arguments
« Reply #1 on February 21, 2017, 11:02:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
If you're in the South stand you should be singing, not listening.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 21, 2017, 11:35:12 am by Filo »
Example;

I was sat half way down the South Stand on Saturday and couldn't hear the West stand at all.

Any more?

The silence from the Sout Stand must have deafened you 😀

P.S. Have you abandoned the Black Bank name?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 21, 2017, 12:03:14 pm by wing commander »
   I was sat on the half way line in the east stand on Saturday and if I'm going to be honest you heard the drum and just about heard the South Stand but not much...The same could be said for the Luton fans....
       The ground does have a lot to do with it..Luton fans thought they were loud and it was a good atmosphere in there end..but I bet they were only heard in bits in the south stand and vice versa...
    There is no doubt that the level has dropped in the South stand in the last few months for whatever reason though...

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 21, 2017, 12:10:42 pm by PopStander »
The South Stand hasn't been as good as it should, but if people aren't joining in there isn't much that can be done. Some would rather take piss out of the ones trying to create an atmosphere than join in.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 21, 2017, 12:15:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
It begs a couple of questions really.

How does Fergie religiously respond to the 'Fergie give us a wave' and the 'Darren Ferguson' chant from his position on the half way line if those in the crowd behind him can't hear?

Similarly, the Luton fans responded to some chants on the weekend.

Part of me knows the acoustics in the ground are crap but part of me thinks other things.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 21, 2017, 12:33:44 pm by PopStander »
Saturday was the busiest/loudest its been for a while!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 21, 2017, 12:41:46 pm by Donnywolf »
cim .... I could hear the Chants from both ends quite well sat in the back row of the West Stand bang on half way - as my Avatar shows

Can you organise "the troops" to reply with counter chants to such as Luton - when they sing as Saturday "its like a Loibrary (sic)" "Your Grounds too big for you" and "Theyre here theyre there theyre every f*****g where Empty Seats" etc  .....

.... with for example " to the empty Seats 1-0" "To the Library 1-0" etc. It would have been impossible on Saturday of course but store it up for next time !  I was desperate for us to go 3-0 up before singing " your nets too big for you" but I would not have been heard without the PA 's mike !

Get the rehearsals arranged for next time pls

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 21, 2017, 01:10:08 pm by wing commander »
    I think the acoustics  will always be a problem at the Moat...You cant fault the blackbanks effort though,its a shame some of the old classics have vanished from the set list though but that's down to different generations probably...
    Reality is its a numbers game and our attendances are not high enough to generate a great atmosphere whatever they do..tbh 5k when we are top of the league and playing the football we have for most of the season is hugely disappointing...I'm not sure what people want these days,its just a general apathy towards the towns football club from the Doncaster public...And will always be the reason why league 1/2 is our natural level...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 21, 2017, 06:23:32 pm by IDM »
wasn't there 6000 home fans on Saturday??

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 21, 2017, 06:26:11 pm by mushRTID »
Saturday was the busiest/loudest its been for a while!!

I think the ref definitely helped in winding everyone up more than normal!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012