Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:00:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pie in the sky stunt?  (Read 3217 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Pie in the sky stunt?
« on February 21, 2017, 03:55:09 pm by bobjimwilly »
Sutton goalkeeper Wayne Shaw's pie stunt investigated by Gambling Commission

If "some of the lads laid on" I think some of the lads are gonna be expecting a call...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Pie in the sky stunt?
« Reply #1 on February 21, 2017, 04:00:18 pm by GazLaz »
He's been sacked.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 21, 2017, 04:03:35 pm by roversdude »
He looked ready for a pie bless him could see him wasting away

ballysbackin

« Reply #3 on February 21, 2017, 04:17:48 pm by ballysbackin »
Will the PC never ever give up bloody hell

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 21, 2017, 04:27:19 pm by NickDRFC »
I've not seen a pie cause this much trouble in almost 20 years...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 21, 2017, 04:29:20 pm by Filo »
So the bookie offers odds and then cry's foul when someone wins, it's easy, don't offer odds or if you don't want to pay out don't accept the bet

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 21, 2017, 04:32:38 pm by idler »
To be fair Filo can you tell me any club at any level where you would see a sub munching on a pie?
Maybe Steve Evans.
At least Gary Brabin was on the pitch when he munched one.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 21, 2017, 04:37:40 pm by NickDRFC »
So the bookie offers odds and then cry's foul when someone wins, it's easy, don't offer odds or if you don't want to pay out don't accept the bet

I haven't been following this story religiously but I haven't seen the bookies cry foul. In fact I'm pretty sure that given the bookies actually offering the book were the same bookies who sponsored Sutton to have their name plastered everywhere, there's a fair chance that they might have had some involvement in the whole stunt...

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 21, 2017, 04:37:55 pm by DaveDRFC »

I would say the fact the guy knew about the bet and even said he knew people who had money on it is the issue here.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 21, 2017, 04:40:36 pm by GazLaz »

I would say the fact the guy knew about the bet and even said he knew people who had money on it is the issue here.

They are saying he received money from the betting firm to do it. Publicity and all that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 21, 2017, 04:41:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
After all the gambling that rich football league players do betting on the time of early throw- ins etc, and they pick on a poor old non-league player with a far more genuine and pukka need to earn a crust.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 21, 2017, 04:42:46 pm by Filo »

So lets say he knew people that had a bet on it and he decided purposely not to have a pie so those people would lose, would the gambling commision be so keen to investigate it then?

ballysbackin

« Reply #12 on February 21, 2017, 04:46:52 pm by ballysbackin »
I was told this on Saturday at the game..That Arsenal had offered all the gate money for the game with Sutton and the FA said "No" because it was classed as a bribe, so Arsenal said that they would give all the television money from Sky to Sutton.. "Mope still bribery" Anybody else hear this load of blx by the FA

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 21, 2017, 04:48:16 pm by bobbymax »
After all the gambling that rich football league players do betting on the time of early throw- ins etc, and they pick on a poor old non-league player with a far more genuine and pukka need to earn a crust.
To be fair, he was only filling the bench. Wouldn't have played if something had been at steak - trust the FA not to mince its words!

ballysbackin

« Reply #14 on February 21, 2017, 04:49:27 pm by ballysbackin »
Yeah they could not get on the Gravy Train themselves

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 21, 2017, 04:53:44 pm by not on facebook »
Me personally I think it's a load of fuss over nothing as I can't figure out how a sub eating a pie on the bench can effect the outcome of the game on the pitch ?

Would it had been same fund had he been eating a mars bar or energy bar or drinking a can of battery or a bottle of Heath $ smith dandelion & burdock ?

Suppose there is rules about sportsmen betting but I have no idea about the rules on that.

While we are on betting ,there was a back street bookie from Doncaster who was offering odds of 33/1 I recall on a certain donny lad that most will know on here on him getting into the centre circle of
the stoke city pitch when rovers played dagerham & redbridgd at stokes ground.

Said lad was seen by all in the centre circle during the pitch invasion after rovers won.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 21, 2017, 04:55:12 pm by drfchound »
I was told this on Saturday at the game..That Arsenal had offered all the gate money for the game with Sutton and the FA said "No" because it was classed as a bribe, so Arsenal said that they would give all the television money from Sky to Sutton.. "Mope still bribery" Anybody else hear this load of blx by the FA

DIDNT DERBY DONATE THEIR SHARE OF THE GATE MONEY TO A SMALL CLUB THEY HAD PLAYED IN A CUP GAME RECENTLY, SOMETHING LIKE £25000.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 21, 2017, 05:02:27 pm by GazLaz »

It wasn't on Sky.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 21, 2017, 05:24:57 pm by CrippyCooke »
Imagine overshadowing a great achievement for a club with such a cheap, tacky publicity stunt for The Sun. Embarrassing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 21, 2017, 05:32:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I agree Filo, the story seems a bit flaky.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 21, 2017, 05:34:17 pm by roversdude »
Can we count Dean Williams as eating a pie ???

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 21, 2017, 05:34:38 pm by CrippyCooke »

I agree Filo, the story seems a bit flaky.

That isn't what has happened.

ballysbackin

« Reply #22 on February 21, 2017, 05:42:07 pm by ballysbackin »

It wasn't on Sky.

I stand corrected but I repeated what I was told three days before the game.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 21, 2017, 10:48:16 pm by Syme »
I was just repeating what I was told...very popular at the moment.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YhlUgNFVF0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YhlUgNFVF0</a>

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 22, 2017, 01:43:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I was just repeating what I was told...very popular at the moment.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YhlUgNFVF0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YhlUgNFVF0</a>

Fake news.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012